Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

diaz or condit poll

Print  
who won
Diaz 28 39%
Condit 44 61%
  Page 6 of 7   <<   3     4     5     6     7  
Posted By Message

icecold2357

Learning to Sprawl

Career:639-427
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Condit won that fight, and I really dont get why people are making a fuss about it. Condit clearly did the right strategy too frustrate Diaz. Diaz is his own enemy and Condit helped show that. Diaz refused to change his strategy and was getting hit from a lot of angles. He continuously just dropped his hands and came forward and never cut off Condit from escaping.

Condit dished out a lot of leg kicks as well as kicks to the face. People keep saying he ran, meanwhile he was throwing head kicks, spinning backfists, elbows, everything he could while staying away from being pinned against the cage. It's called strategy. champs use this lol

Diaz always wants to brawl and if you dont play his game he gets frustrated. Like all of these people are complaining that Condit didn't just stand up against the cage and throw bombs, when being against the cage is clearly a disadvantage.

Fans were gonna complain about GSP taking Diaz down for 5 rounds too bc no way would GSP stand there and trade with Diaz. It is what it is. If Diaz wants someone to stand and bang, give him Ellenberger after his fight with Diego. Just be careful what you wish for bc Ellenberger has some vicious power.

Post #76   2/5/12 6:10:41PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Comparing Condit to Machida is ridiculous. Machida backs up and then moves forward to counter. Condit just ran. Like literally ran. Not footwork. Turning around and running.

Diaz won rounds 1,2, and 5.

Post #77   2/6/12 3:28:54AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Bubbles

Martinez was robbed (and yes that would have fucked up my parlay had Martinez won).

Yeah I remember thinking that was the worst decision of the night, but then I looked at fightmetric.com and it shows Riddle out-landed Martinez 112-70 with better accuracy and 2 takedowns to zero. I feel like I need to watch the fight again now, that just doesn't sound like the fight I remember watching. Was I high?

No.

Fightmetric is nonsense.

Post #78   2/6/12 3:33:55AM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
Am i the only one who thought Condit won all 5 rounds ??

When you get a fight like this one with no real take downs apart from the one in the last round, i would guess the only way a fight like this would be scored on the basis of kicking and punches only. Octagon aggression and storking your opponent did not and in my opinion should not be a part of the scoring criteria. Diaz literally walked down Condit to the side of the cage eating leg kicks and punches until Condit spun out then Diaz just turned round like a zombie and done the same thing all over again landing a few of his own shots in the process. When the fight was called i thought Condit was unanimous in victory. Diaz did get a take down in the fifth round by was in the second half of that round after eating a load more shots so i gave that round to Condit too.

I seriously cannot believe people think this was a close fight, i say it was unanimous to Condit. Bisping vs Sonnen was a close fight, maybe even Koscheck vs pierce was a close fight, both could have gone either way, but Diaz walking into leg kicks and punches does not put him in a close fight in my opinion.

Post #79   2/6/12 11:13:39AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

When you get a fight like this one with no real take downs apart from the one in the last round, i would guess the only way a fight like this would be scored on the basis of kicking and punches only. Octagon aggression and storking your opponent did not and in my opinion should not be a part of the scoring criteria. Diaz literally walked down Condit to the side of the cage eating leg kicks and punches until Condit spun out then Diaz just turned round like a zombie and done the same thing all over again landing a few of his own shots in the process. When the fight was called i thought Condit was unanimous in victory. Diaz did get a take down in the fifth round by was in the second half of that round after eating a load more shots so i gave that round to Condit too.

I seriously cannot believe people think this was a close fight, i say it was unanimous to Condit. Bisping vs Sonnen was a close fight, maybe even Koscheck vs pierce was a close fight, both could have gone either way, but Diaz walking into leg kicks and punches does not put him in a close fight in my opinion.

I would not consider those leg kicks as "Effective Striking" for the simple reason DancingDoll (I believe it was her) pointed out: it did not effect Diaz's gameplan at all. yeah he chopped those legs but it did nothing to slow down Diaz. Shogun's on the other hand DID affect the way Machida continued the fight as a comparison

as Kpro pointed out, Diaz landed more punches/strikes to the face. I dont know about you but strikes to the face > strikes to the leg

Last edited 2/6/12 12:09PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #80   2/6/12 12:09:29PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

Nick out-punched Carlos 86-42 so I'd recommend re-watching the fight if you think Nick walked him down, ate punches and kicks, and then turned around like a zombie.. The debate is really on how weighted the leg kicks should be if you can land 90 more kicks than your opponent almost exclusively to the legs, and your opponent is still running you down and out-punching you by over a 2 to 1 margin over the course of the fight. Obviously you are a huge fan of leg kicks and that's fine, most people aren't unless they're the type that do damage and end fights ala Aldo or Barry.

For scoring, that fight is just personal opinion on how each person interprets the way the unified rules are written.... which are as vague as you could possibly make them. The Carlos/Nick decision has been hammered to death in these threads the last 36 hours.

How about we move on to Ellenberger/Diego and Herman/Struve among others coming up in a week.

Last edited 2/6/12 12:15PM server time by Kpro

Post #81   2/6/12 12:12:44PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

The Carlos/Nick decision has been hammered to death in these threads the last 36 hours.

Agreed. That fact alone proves that it's not as clear-cut as some seem to think.

Let's move on.

Post #82   2/6/12 12:17:41PM   

Afflicted

MMA Regular

Afflicted Avatar

Career:426-283
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
I thought the point of this thread was to discuss the fight. Telling people to move on is kind of ridiculous. By the way whoever does the fights for mmaweekly scored all 5 rounds for Condit. I watched the fight in 3D at the theatre and I didn't hear a single person complain about the decision. I thought Condit clearly and easily won the fight but that is just my opinion. They had Anik and Florian doing the fights for the 3D and they both seemed to think Condit had won the fight as well. Just my thoughts

Post #83   2/6/12 1:18:43PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Chips:

Posted by Afflicted

I thought the point of this thread was to discuss the fight. Telling people to move on is kind of ridiculous. By the way whoever does the fights for mmaweekly scored all 5 rounds for Condit. I watched the fight in 3D at the theatre and I didn't hear a single person complain about the decision. I thought Condit clearly and easily won the fight but that is just my opinion. They had Anik and Florian doing the fights for the 3D and they both seemed to think Condit had won the fight as well. Just my thoughts

You're absolutely right about the point of the thread.

The reason I (and Kpro) suggest that we move on is because we're going around and around in circles beating the topic to death. No one is changing anyone else's mind.You think Condit won? That's fine. Many others thought Diaz won. I'm suggesting that we leave it at that and move on. Opinions have been voiced. Examples have been cited. It's as clear now as it's ever been; there's no definitive criteria for judging fights.

Some of the arguments (not necessarily in this particular thread) are getting (or starting to get) personal. We don't want that.

Post #84   2/6/12 1:34:38PM   

Aleks_Smash

MMA Regular

Aleks_Smash Avatar

Career:694-497
Chips:
round 1,2,and 5 go to diaz.

this event pooped on me.

Last edited 2/6/12 2:10PM server time by aleks_smash

Post #85   2/6/12 2:09:46PM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Nick out-punched Carlos 86-42 so I'd recommend re-watching the fight if you think Nick walked him down, ate punches and kicks, and then turned around like a zombie.. The debate is really on how weighted the leg kicks should be if you can land 90 more kicks than your opponent almost exclusively to the legs, and your opponent is still running you down and out-punching you by over a 2 to 1 margin over the course of the fight. Obviously you are a huge fan of leg kicks and that's fine, most people aren't unless they're the type that do damage and end fights ala Aldo or Barry.

For scoring, that fight is just personal opinion on how each person interprets the way the unified rules are written.... which are as vague as you could possibly make them. The Carlos/Nick decision has been hammered to death in these threads the last 36 hours.

Guys, I'm no particular fan of leg kicks and i am no Certain fan of either fighter. I think 90 percent of the debates going on all over the world regarding this fight is over the fact that everyone wanted to see Diaz fight GSP. Carlos snuck in and spoiled those plans.

Leg kicks ARE a legal strike in MMA so as far as I'm concerned there is no reason why they should not be scored as strikes as long as they land. Condit's game plan was spot on. Diaz does have an awkward style pressing guys up against the fence and landing shots like he did to Penn, unless Condit can do some impressive back flip over Diaz when his backs to the fence then i guess spinning out and creating distance like he did will always be considered as RUNNING away. Doesn't make him a boring fighter, smart if anything.

Just for the record, the fight stats of fightmetric had Condit landing nearly double strikes to Diaz in the whole fight. The proof is in the pudding.
If anyone on that card got done, i would say Pierce had the best argument. I thought he beat Koscheck 29-28.

Last edited 2/6/12 4:02PM server time by LightsOUT23
2 total post edits

Post #86   2/6/12 3:53:34PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

Leg kicks ARE a legal strike in MMA so as far as I'm concerned there is no reason why they should not be scored as strikes as long as they land.

This is what you quoted to come up with that. It's how weighted they are. A teep kick isn't a right cross, just as a thunderous leg kicks isn't a jab. Did someone say leg kicks are illegal or that they shouldn't be scored as strikes?

Posted by Kpro

The debate is really on how weighted the leg kicks should be if you can land 90 more kicks than your opponent almost exclusively to the legs, and your opponent is still running you down and out-punching you by over a 2 to 1 margin over the course of the fight.

Posted by LightsOUT23

Just for the record, the fight stats of fightmetric had Condit landing nearly double strikes to Diaz in the whole fight.

Neither Fighmetric nor Compustrike even had Condit landing 50% more strikes, let alone double. If I have 48 cents, I don't "nearly" have a dollar.

Not sure if you're trolling with this but regardless Condit/GSP will be awesome.

Post #87   2/6/12 6:59:52PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,166-696
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hate arguing with people/my friends but I watched the fight again to settle some questions, the uncounted statistic

Back more than 180 degrees to Diaz, not counting 90 degrees or spinning strikes
Condit turned 3 times in round 1
7 in round 2

21 total

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #88   2/7/12 4:20:43AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23
Just for the record, the fight stats of fightmetric had Condit landing nearly double strikes to Diaz in the whole fight. The proof is in the pudding.

yes Condit outstruck Diaz, but it was due to leg kicks. Diaz outstruck Condit TO THE FACE. hell a foot stomp is considered a strike...you need to learn to separate them

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #89   2/7/12 11:37:28AM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Chips:
Guys, whatever your argument may be, i am no judge, i just called it how i saw it. My impression at the end of 5 rounds was Carlos Condit - Interim Welterweight champion.

Regardless of Fightmetric or any other write up for that bout, Leg kicks were what won the fight and i don't see why its such a hard bargain that leg kicks can score and win fights. Wrestlers take guys down and lay and pray their way to decision wins, so why can't Condit land leg kicks, foot stomps and heel taps to earn a win ?? I'm kinda lost in this dispute were having ...

Last edited 2/7/12 3:13PM server time by LightsOUT23

Post #90   2/7/12 3:02:28PM   

Page 6 of 7   <<   3     4     5     6     7