Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

diaz or condit poll

Print  
who won
Diaz 28 39%
Condit 44 61%
  Page 2 of 7     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

edge0125

MMA Regular

edge0125 Avatar

Career:1,503-923
Chips:
48-47 Diaz

Post #16   2/5/12 1:31:24AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

i call BS decision. no one running the entire fight throwing leg kicks and a few head kicks should win a fight

Have you considered that you may be heavily biased because Diaz UD would have likely given you first place on the event?

Post #17   2/5/12 1:51:38AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Kalib Starnes beat Nate Quarry then right?

and Machida never turned his back and ran away 30 times during a fight. Condit won rounds 3 and 4, ok, but 1 2 and 5 were clearly Diaz.

Last edited 2/5/12 1:53AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #18   2/5/12 1:51:40AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by Bubbles

i call BS decision. no one running the entire fight throwing leg kicks and a few head kicks should win a fight

Have you considered that you may be heavily biased because Diaz UD would have likely given you first place on the event?

nope, i dont care about accolades as much as i do about competent judging. 4 rounds Condit won?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #19   2/5/12 1:52:46AM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,876-1,035
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Joe Rogan and Dana White both agree on the Condit decision.

Post #20   2/5/12 1:53:22AM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

and Machida never turned his back and ran away 30 times during a fight. Condit won rounds 3 and 4, ok, but 1 2 and 5 were clearly Diaz.

I had Condit winning the 3rd and 4th, then the 5th until Diaz took his back, then the round was up in the air.

Post #21   2/5/12 1:54:39AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

I had Condit winning the 3rd and 4th, then the 5th until Diaz took his back, then the round was up in the air.

the striking was about even in the 5th until the takedown, backmount and RNC attempts. effective grappling was 100% Diaz. effective striking about even = Diaz round

Last edited 2/5/12 1:58AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   2/5/12 1:57:30AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
well I gave Condit 3 rounds, but I find it fairly difficult to give Diaz the first round. Backing up or even running doesn't equate to losing if you're still landing more strikes. Starnes vs Quarry isn't a good comparison, because Starnes was throwing no strikes at all while running, Carlos was landing punches and kicks and then running to avoid getting trapped against the fence. It's boring, but I think the stats will show that he pretty clearly landed way more strikes. I gave Diaz round 2, because he managed to land a good amount of combinations against the cage before Carlos escaped, but other than that, Diaz managed to land almost no strikes. I also gave him round 5 for the grappling exchange, because I believe that he was in such a dominating position that Carlos was only getting out by the round ending or Diaz going for a high risk submission because he knew the round was ending.

Post #23   2/5/12 1:57:30AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

Diaz didn't do anything with it though when he took Condit's back. Condit defended perfectly and got back to his feet, which is equally as important as the offensive maneuver of Diaz.

Post #24   2/5/12 1:58:09AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

Diaz didn't do anything with it though when he took Condit's back. Condit defended perfectly and got back to his feet, which is equally as important as the offensive maneuver of Diaz.

IIRC you gave Penn round 2 vs Fitch for exactly the same thing

Post #25   2/5/12 1:59:17AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

To be fair, he only got out of it because Diaz heard the 10 second clap and surrendered position in order to attempt a finish before the end of the round. I believe if Diaz gets into that position with 2 minutes left in the round, Carlos is not getting out.

Post #26   2/5/12 1:59:45AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by warglory

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

IIRC you gave Penn round 2 vs Fitch for exactly the same thing

IIRC? That is not part of my Internetz shorthand vocab, sorry.

Post #27   2/5/12 2:00:57AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,674-908
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by warglory

IIRC? That is not part of my Internetz shorthand vocab, sorry.

If I recall correctly.

Post #28   2/5/12 2:02:39AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,674-908
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by Bubbles

Unlikely. The current first-place for the event incorrectly picked a Diaz UD. Would be the same result.

Post #29   2/5/12 2:05:13AM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:
-Joe Rogan
-Dana White
-Brent Brookhouse (BloodyElbow)
-MMAjunkie
-Jordan Breen (Sherdog)
-Chris Nelson (Sherdog)

Just some MMA personalities/media who scored the fight for Condit.

Post #30   2/5/12 2:10:15AM   

Page 2 of 7     1     2     3     4     5   >>