Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diaz........OUT!!!!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Aether

I think a lot of people are confusing being boring with losing. Granted, Condit didn't land much of significance, but neither did Diaz, and if neither guy really lands anything significant, the guy with a bunch of leg kicks gets the round, I just don't see how anyone can find 3 rounds in there to give to Diaz.

Dana at the presser that "Diaz won the first two rounds without a doubt" and the judges gave Diaz the 5th. That qualifies as 3 rounds that people with more qualified opinions than yours gave Diaz I don't see any way you could think 'there's no way anyone can find 3 rounds to give Diaz'. That shows a very poor understanding of MMA judging on your part. And if it's not the understanding of MMA judging then I always thought you were a less biased poster than this to not be able to see others opinions.

Go ahead and read your quoted line from me and tell me if you actually see those words written in my post. Do you? That's because they're not there, you made them up.

My exact words were "----->I just don't see<------ how anyone can find 3 rounds..." not "there's no way anyone can find 3 rounds" These are remarkably different statements. One is stating that it is impossible (there is no way) for anyone to give him 3 rounds, the other is stating that I DON'T SEE how someone gave him 3 rounds, the people who gave him those 3 rounds are perfectly free to explain why they gave him the rounds.

These are not even remotely close to the same thing, if you're going to criticize someone for saying something, try criticizing the thing that they actually said, instead of inventing your own version of it and then criticizing your own made-up statement.

That shows a very poor understanding of the english language and basic logic on your part

Post #16   2/5/12 3:09:21AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
How exactly do you just not see it being possible?

Everything said below still applies.

"That shows a very poor understanding of MMA judging on your part. And if it's not the understanding of MMA judging then I always thought you were a less biased poster than this to not be able to see others opinions."

Last edited 2/5/12 3:15AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #17   2/5/12 3:11:37AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
once again, not possible and "I don't see the explanation" are completely different things, if someone can offer an actual break down of why they scored X round in Diaz's favour instead of just screaming "bullshit" and "he ran away" then I might easily see how they came to the conclusion that Diaz won 3 rounds, but currently I don't see a convincing argument for Diaz winning round 1 based on what I saw, if someone presents it and I actually think it's coherent logical then I would see how they scored the fight that way, but so far it's just a bunch of people screaming that Condit was running and that judges are terrible, basically no one is actually presenting a logical argument for their scores, and as a result, I do not see what those arguments are, I personally can not mount a convincing case for Diaz winning round 1, and so I don't see the argument.

Never once did I say "it's impossible" or "there's no way" these are definitive blanket statements, which I would pretty much never make, and didn't make, they are clearly different from saying that you don't see what the argument for X case is.

Post #18   2/5/12 3:17:45AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
I thought we were already past the semantics of the words, but anyways. Dana White said at the presser that "Nick Diaz without a doubt won round 1". I don't have the fight DVR'd to watch a second time but those are pretty strong words from someone more qualified than us to have an opinion on it.

Post #19   2/5/12 3:25:13AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
yeah, it's semantics when you completely re-word what I said and then argue against a made up quote and I correct it.

Words mean something for a reason, there's a really obvious difference between saying "X argument DOES NOT EXIST or IS IMPOSSIBLE" and saying "I do not SEE what X argument is"

The first one is a refutation that the argument exists, the second one is a statement saying that you are unaware of what the argument is, if someone presented an argument for their scoring, maybe I would say "oh yeah, you know what, I see where you're coming from" but until someone presents that argument, I can't see what it is.

Do you not see the difference here?

Also, I find it highly ironic and hypocritical that you accuse me of making a blanket statement (which I didn't actually make) call me a biased poster unwilling to see others' opinions and then you quote a blanket statement from Dana White as your counter argument "WITHOUT A DOUBT won rounds 1 and 2". Interesting how your logic works one way but not the other.

Post #20   2/5/12 3:32:56AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
especially since 2 of the judges score the fight 49-46, so I guess there is some doubt from the people certified and paid to judge fights, if we want to talk about experience invalidating people's opinions. We can use your own logic here to make Dana's statement worthless on multiple levels.

Post #21   2/5/12 3:35:44AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
You're a piece of work. Do you not understand that extremes are thrown out as intentionally ironic to show someone that they are at the other extreme?

If you continue with trying to have a discussion on something that was over 5 posts ago, you're wasting both of our time.

Answer me this and this alone, what round or rounds could you see Diaz having won?

Post #22   2/5/12 3:35:45AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
any more poorly thought out, hypocrisy you want to throw out? Want to re-write anything I said to make it much easier to argue with or are you done now?

Post #23   2/5/12 3:37:33AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
2 and 5 as I've said many times, and I see a clear argument for either fighter winning round 5.

Post #24   2/5/12 3:39:22AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

You're a piece of work. Do you not understand that extremes are thrown out as intentionally ironic to show someone that they are at the other extreme?

If you continue with trying to have a discussion on something that was over 5 posts ago, you're wasting both of our time.

Answer me this and this alone, what round or rounds could you see Diaz having won?

Do you not understand that the argument is based off of you misquoting me, and as a result a discussion about something I NEVER SAID is wasting both our times?

Post #25   2/5/12 3:41:26AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

2 and 5 as I've said many times, and I see a clear argument for either fighter winning round 5.

3 was the only round that more than one judge gave to Diaz and they're professionally trained. So there's your argument for a different round and here's an actual picture of the scorecards for proof.

Diaz/Condit - Official Scorecard Picture

And no, this isn't misquoting you. Your exact words were "I just don't see how anyone can find 3 rounds in there to give to Diaz.". You then said "2 and 5 as I've said many times" and then I linked you to the actual scorecard where the only round that more than one judge gave Diaz 10 was the third. Professionally trained MMA judges should be enough for your to now be able to see how someone can find 3 rounds to give Diaz.

/thread

Last edited 2/5/12 3:49AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #26   2/5/12 3:44:41AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Aether

3 was the only round that more than one judge gave to Diaz and they're professionally trained. So there's your argument for a different round and here's an actual picture of the scorecards for proof.

/thread

You need to go back to grade 4 and learn how to read, because your understanding of basic English is pretty poor.

Post #27   2/5/12 3:45:34AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
Re-read the post above as there is no misquoting. You're a waste of my time.

Post #28   2/5/12 3:50:43AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
You're being a little baby, grow up a little bit, it's sad. I've said pretty clearly many times that while I don't see the argument for 3 rounds for Diaz, I could easily be made to see the reasoning if someone presented it to me, it's a pretty simple statement, you're raging like a little infant, and it's completely pathetic.

Post #29   2/5/12 3:54:23AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Aether

And no, this isn't misquoting you. Your exact words were "I just don't see how anyone can find 3 rounds in there to give to Diaz.". You then said "2 and 5 as I've said many times" and then I linked you to the actual scorecard where the only round that more than one judge gave Diaz 10 was the third. Professionally trained MMA judges should be enough for your to now be able to see how someone can find 3 rounds to give Diaz.

/thread

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #30   2/5/12 4:02:07AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3