Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Koscheck May Retire If he Loses To Mike Pierce, Talks Flying and Nick Diaz 420(video)

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Josh Koscheck fight plans didn’t go as scheduled. Kos seems a little board with having to fight Mike Pierce, jokingly says a loss to him could signal retirement.
“I got a lot of pressure to win this fight … everybody is expecting me to win”
“This guy isn’t a big fight for me … I mights as well think about retiring if I lose to this guy or just take fights for money.”

Link

Post #1   2/2/12 12:26:57PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 37-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,532-977
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I used to think Kos was just playing the heel role, but after he was a coach on TUF I realized hes just a complete moron.

Post #2   2/2/12 6:05:30PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
That article title is misleading.

Post #3   2/2/12 6:53:24PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by warglory

That article title is misleading.

Same. Thought Kos might be having some problems with that eye.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   2/3/12 12:56:10PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
The media made Carlos Condit into the number one contender. Right.

"You have to beat the number 2, number 3, number 4 guy."

Okay, let me break this down Kos. Let's compare your track record prior to your title shot with that of Carlos Condit.

Josh Koscheck

Prior to his title shot, Josh was on a three fight win streak after being knocked unconscious by Paulo Thiago.

1st Win: at UFC 103 against Frank Trigg - TKO 1st Round
2nd Win: at UFC 106 against Anthony Johnson - Submission Round
3rd Win: at UFC 113 against Paul Daley - Unanimous Decision

Carlos Condit

Prior to his title shot(interim), Carlos Condit had won four fights in a row after losing a close split decision to Martin Kampmann.

1st Win: at UFC Fight Night: Diaz vs. Guillard against Jake Ellenberger - Split Decision
2nd Win: at UFC 115 against Rory MacDonald - 3rd Round TKO
3rd Win: at UFC 120 against Dan Hardy - 1st Round KO
4th Win: at UFC 132 against Dong-Hyun Kim - 1st Round KO

Comparison

Let's rank their opponents and compare. Opponents are in order from toughest to weakest

Koscheck's Opposition
1. Paul Daley - A fighter who was barely in the top 10 at the time.
2. Anthony Johnson - A fighter with the potential to be a top contender, but with the inconsistency that plagued him and eventually got him cut from the UFC.
3. Frank Trigg - What was he doing back in the UFC? I don't know what else to say about that win.

Condit's Opposition
1. Dan Hardy - A former title contender, who, like Koscheck, went five rounds with Georges St. Pierre. Though he's been on a skid since he lost his title bout, at the time, he was still considered a top 10 welterweight.
2. Jake Ellenberger - Jake is on the cusp of being a top contender himself. After demolishing Jake Shields, he put himself on the fast track to a title shot. It seems that if he beats Diego, he may be in the mix.
3. Dong Hyun-Kim - Condit remains the only blemish on the South Korean fighter's record, demolishing him in the first round of their fight with a devastating display on the feet.
Bonus 4. Rory MacDonald - The young Canadian phenom was as highly touted as they come, submitting veteran Mike Guymon in his debut. He was also getting the better of Condit in their fight, before Carlos executed a beautiful comeback victory.

This is based solely on rank, or perceived rank, in which case:

Hardy > Daley
Ellenberger > Johnson
Kim >>>>>>>>>>> Trigg
And MacDonald > oh, wait, Koscheck only won three fights in a row before his title shot.

Neither man has fought or beaten top 10 welterweights such as Diaz, Fitch, Hendricks, or Penn, but it's hard for Koscheck to make the claim that you have to beat the number 2, 3 and 4 guys to get the title shot, when he hasn't done it, and accomplished less than Condit did during his road to the title shot.

Last edited 2/3/12 1:56PM server time by gartface
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   2/3/12 1:55:44PM   

Skrillex

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I don't want to see KOS go

Post #6   2/3/12 5:00:04PM