Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Josh Koscheck Hopes Georges St-Pierre Never Returns

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:710-345
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I just like to see the best of the best wear the belt... however long they can hang onto it, then all the more impressive it is.

I don't think the belts need to be passed around to make things exciting. It makes it less relevant then... like any one of a handful of guys could be qualified to wear it.

It doesn't diminish the importance and talent of the other fighters in the Top Five, but I'm sure it definitely motivates them with training and strategy, which ultimately is better for the progression of the sport.

Post #16   2/2/12 2:34:37PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I singled him out because the article was pertaining to Kos hoping GSP never returns. If it was an article about Aldo never returning etc I may have singled him out in that case. I believe Aldo, Jones, and Cruz were all encompassed by "Jones entered the scene and the lighter weights merged with the UFC". I also never suggested all (any) champs retire, in fact not even close. I'm merely saying I can agree with Kos (hence the I'm with stupid emote) on GSP not returning because having a static champ in every weight class may not be good for the sport in my opinion.

i guess I read more into it and assumed your stance was heavier than it was. I disagree that a constant champion is a bad thing. Michael Schumaker, Roger Federer, and Tiger Woods were as dominant as you can get in their respective sports, and yet those sports thrived throughout their dominance and continue to post dominance. the NHL didnt suffer when the Islanders won 4 straight or the Oilers won 4 of 5 cups in the 80s, NBA didnt suffer when the Bulls won 6 of 8 years or currently as the Lakers and Spurs have won 9 of the past 13. the EPL is bigger than any other professional sports league and yet Man U and Chelsea has won the past 7 titles...Man U has won 12 times and finished second 4 times in 19 seasons

Last edited 2/2/12 3:09PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   2/2/12 3:04:48PM   

twoguns365

Learning to Sprawl

twoguns365 Avatar

Career:1,656-1,131
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

I just like to see the best of the best wear the belt... however long they can hang onto it, then all the more impressive it is.

I don't think the belts need to be passed around to make things exciting. It makes it less relevant then... like any one of a handful of guys could be qualified to wear it.

Much like the Heavyweights of the 80s in boxing until Tyson came along.

Post #18   2/2/12 5:35:44PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2