Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Koscheck Hopes Georges St-Pierre Never Returns

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,134-678
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Feb 1, 2012 - LAS VEGAS -- Watch below as Josh Kosheck talks about his UFC 143 fight against Mike Pierce, his initial thoughts when Pierce called him out, his thoughts on Pierce, why he hopes Georges St-Pierre never returns to MMA, and his prediction on Diaz vs. Condit.

LINK

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #1   2/2/12 4:37:51AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,459-835
Chips:
we all know why he doesnt want gsp to return

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #2   2/2/12 5:37:04AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,208-1,299
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
After this weekend he's going to wish Pierce never returns too!

Post #3   2/2/12 5:37:59AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
At least he admitted that GSP with a permanently damaged ACL would level the playing field. In other words a fit GSP will beat me 10/10 times. GSP with one leg 5/10 times.

Post #4   2/2/12 5:54:47AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,134-678
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Av bet please?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #5   2/2/12 6:18:25AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
KOS should move up to MW.

Post #6   2/2/12 6:31:08AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,023-594
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

At least he admitted that GSP with a permanently damaged ACL would level the playing field. In other words a fit GSP will beat me 10/10 times. GSP with one leg 5/10 times.

with you and with Kos.
I think GSP would trounce anyone at ww and given the current mma climate, I think it might be good for the sport if he never returned. There are too many unbeatable champs now that Jones entered the scene and the lighter weights merged with the UFC. I think GSP is an incredible mixed martial artist, but it might be difficult for the sport to grow with little or no turn over in the champ department. Similar to how fans would respond to seeing the Yankees win the world series year after year. Nothing against GSP, but he's been in that position for a long time and fights 1-2 times a year.

Post #7   2/2/12 9:22:23AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,973-1,220
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
so he won't have to fight GSP again..

Post #8   2/2/12 11:01:47AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by BigBadAl

with you and with Kos.
I think GSP would trounce anyone at ww and given the current mma climate, I think it might be good for the sport if he never returned. There are too many unbeatable champs now that Jones entered the scene and the lighter weights merged with the UFC. I think GSP is an incredible mixed martial artist, but it might be difficult for the sport to grow with little or no turn over in the champ department. Similar to how fans would respond to seeing the Yankees win the world series year after year. Nothing against GSP, but he's been in that position for a long time and fights 1-2 times a year.

Thats just how the sport moves though. It wasn't that long ago that Miguel Torres, Urijah Faber and Rich Franklin were considered unstoppable. Everyone seems unbeatable at the top until they lose. I honestly figured GSP would be stopped by Condit and that belt would turn over a few times, but having a dominant champion isn't a bad thing unless they never face real competition like in boxing.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #9   2/2/12 11:25:38AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,439-884
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Thats just how the sport moves though. It wasn't that long ago that Miguel Torres, Urijah Faber and Rich Franklin were considered unstoppable. Everyone seems unbeatable at the top until they lose. I honestly figured GSP would be stopped by Condit and that belt would turn over a few times, but having a dominant champion isn't a bad thing unless they never face real competition like in boxing.

True - Miguel's clout and p4p praise evaporated in a hurry. Never quite understood the praise for Urijah tho. He seems like a FW Couture, getting title shots every time he blinks, whether he deserved it or not.

Post #10   2/2/12 12:31:57PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by BigBadAl

with you and with Kos.

why did you single GSP out? why not Anderson or Jones or Aldo? potentially Edgar and Cruz fits your description of unbeatable champs. Silva has had his reign even longer. should we just tell all current champs to retire because they are unbeatable?

GSP blew his acl and did a TUF gig. kind of legit reasons for infrequent fights as opposed to a less serious injuries

Last edited 2/2/12 12:51PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   2/2/12 12:49:19PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,023-594
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by airkerma

Posted by BigBadAl

with you and with Kos.

why did you single GSP out? why not Anderson or Jones or Aldo? potentially Edgar and Cruz fits your description of unbeatable champs. Silva has had his reign even longer. should we just tell all current champs to retire because they are unbeatable?

GSP blew his acl and did a TUF gig. kind of legit reasons for infrequent fights as opposed to a less serious injuries

I singled him out because the article was pertaining to Kos hoping GSP never returns. If it was an article about Aldo never returning etc I may have singled him out in that case. I believe Aldo, Jones, and Cruz were all encompassed by "Jones entered the scene and the lighter weights merged with the UFC". I also never suggested all (any) champs retire, in fact not even close. I'm merely saying I can agree with Kos (hence the I'm with stupid emote) on GSP not returning because having a static champ in every weight class may not be good for the sport in my opinion.

Post #12   2/2/12 1:12:39PM   

TheCatFather

Standup Guy

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:1,903-1,298
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Wallass

Av bet please?

I second that....

Post #13   2/2/12 1:17:43PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by Svartorm

True - Miguel's clout and p4p praise evaporated in a hurry. Never quite understood the praise for Urijah tho. He seems like a FW Couture, getting title shots every time he blinks, whether he deserved it or not.

By the time Faber was in the WEC in the public eye, he'd pretty much already destroyed everyone there was in the lighter weights, so that's sort of where that clout came from. The UFC does that with other guys too though, like Florian getting a FW shot off of one fight, etc

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #14   2/2/12 1:48:22PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by BigBadAl

with you and with Kos.

stars bring in the money and views, not high turn over rates. You need guys who are constantly winning to market and that brings ppl to watch them to either destroy or hoping they lose. there is a reason the biggest/richest/most popular sports clubs are what they are, they just win...

Post #15   2/2/12 1:57:48PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2