Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

After 62 Straight Kickboxing and MMA Wins, Stephen Thompson Makes UFC Debut

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Jan 31, 2012 - The numbers are something out of a video game or a movie or someone's imagination. In amateur kickboxing, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson was 37-0. As a pro kickboxer, 20-0. As a professional mixed martial artist, he's 5-0 so far. That's 62 straight fights without a loss.

But it's no facade, and his record is no product of fishy matchmaking. In fact, despite his newness on the MMA scene, he's already wowed some of this sports' brightest minds.Georges St-Pierre's trainer Firas Zahabi recently called Thompson "definitely the best karate guy, the best striker I've ever seen, all around in any sport."

The welterweight brings his exceptional record to this weekend's UFC 143, where he faces fellow octagon rookie Daniel Stittgen, hoping to extend his ridiculous streak.

LINK

Post #1   2/1/12 1:00:02PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I love this idea, but man those WW wrestlers are a dime a dozen in the UFC. I hope his TDD is nasty (supposedly is if he calls wrestling his second strongest skill) so we can see him blast fools.

Last edited 2/1/12 1:41PM server time by airkerma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/1/12 1:39:14PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,115-670
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I love this idea, but man those WW wrestlers are a dime a dozen in the UFC. I hope his TDD is nasty.

Koscheck, Pierce, Hendricks, Shields, GSP, Fitch, Ellenberger, Hughes, BJ, MacDonald, Brenneman, Story, Pyle IMO the hardest division for a striker to drop or enter into....

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #3   2/1/12 1:43:57PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by airkerma

I love this idea, but man those WW wrestlers are a dime a dozen in the UFC. I hope his TDD is nasty.

Koscheck, Pierce, Hendricks, Shields, GSP, Fitch, Ellenberger, Hughes, BJ, MacDonald, Brenneman, Story, Pyle IMO the hardest division for a striker to drop or enter into....

DHK prefers the fight on the ground too.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   2/1/12 1:49:32PM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by jjeans

Posted by airkerma

If we're basing it off fighters wanting it on the ground also add Sanchez, Hathaway and Ebersole to that list! I was only thinking of wrestling backgrounds!

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Post #5   2/1/12 3:51:26PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Dan Stittgen round 1 sub

Post #6   2/1/12 5:56:52PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by jjeans

Posted by airkerma

If we're basing it off fighters wanting it on the ground also add Sanchez, Hathaway and Ebersole to that list! I was only thinking of wrestling backgrounds!

well think about it. if you are fighting someone with this kind of striking resume, wouldnt you want to take it to the ground? im sure even Dan Hardy would try for takedowns lol

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   2/1/12 5:59:07PM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:
Hmmm... I think Stephen Thompson would probably outwrestle Hardy

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Post #8   2/1/12 6:01:12PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:
both of them have not beat anyone with that impressive of a record. Thompson is a BJJ black belt so i think he will be fine on the ground.

Post #9   2/1/12 8:34:35PM