Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

I failed my permit test...

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
I'm so mad at myself right now, I studied every sign and everything everyone was telling me to study. When I go to take the test, it was all you do this except when? questions. It came down to the last question and I had no clue what the answer was so I winged it and of course it was wrong. Ahhhh I'm so mad.Has anyone else failed their test and how many times did you fail?

Post #1   5/19/07 12:17:20PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
When I took my drivers test the first time I failed, it's no big deal, just study hard and kick some ass

Post #2   5/19/07 2:37:21PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

I'm so mad at myself right now, I studied every sign and everything everyone was telling me to study. When I go to take the test, it was all you do this except when? questions. It came down to the last question and I had no clue what the answer was so I winged it and of course it was wrong. Ahhhh I'm so mad.Has anyone else failed their test and how many times did you fail?

I got my licence about two weeks ago, and got a 100 on the written and a 92 on the driving. The test is common sense, but its worded oddly so you just have to make sure you pay attention to the questions. I fully admit that it was a complete fluke I passed the driving test though.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #3   5/20/07 1:47:52AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
i got my license 4 years ago and now i havent driven in three years........ ADVICE: DONT SPEED

Post #4   5/20/07 2:08:32AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i didn't even study for the permit test, nor go to driving school (russian connections) and i missed none.. it was basically common sense.. i missed two points on the drivin exam tho >.<

bah my check engine light came on today..

Post #5   5/20/07 3:05:07AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Chips:
Wow guys thanks for not making me feel worse.... I got an A in drivers ed. but the questions were worded really weird, the question I had to answer to pass was, what kind of a sign is a stop sign? A.) Regulatory B.)Guide C.) Hazard D.) Warning. I had no clue what a regulatory sign is so I thought it might be a warning sign. Seriously, why do you need to know what kind of a sign a stop sign is? That's not important to know when driving........ I got a bunch of stupid questions. I'm going back on Friday to try again.

Last edited 5/20/07 1:46PM server time by fedorwins1
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #6   5/20/07 1:38:27PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Permit test = Crap
Most of the people i know have failed it at least once (mysefl included).
But they also mostly pass their driving exam first try.

Post #7   5/20/07 3:07:24PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Wow guys thanks for not making me feel worse.... I got an A in drivers ed. but the questions were worded really weird, the question I had to answer to pass was, what kind of a sign is a stop sign? A.) Regulatory B.)Guide C.) Hazard D.) Warning. I had no clue what a regulatory sign is so I thought it might be a warning sign. Seriously, why do you need to know what kind of a sign a stop sign is? That's not important to know when driving........ I got a bunch of stupid questions. I'm going back on Friday to try again.

Yeah, thats the plus side. At least in NH, you can go back every 24 hours until you pass. Doesn't make you feel too safe knowing that though. We have an inbred family that lives next to where I work, and one of their ilk got his licence after taking the driving test six times.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #8   5/20/07 5:34:14PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by fedorwins1

Yeah, thats the plus side. At least in NH, you can go back every 24 hours until you pass. Doesn't make you feel too safe knowing that though. We have an inbred family that lives next to where I work, and one of their ilk got his licence after taking the driving test six times.

You can go the next day in PA also but I don't have school on Friday so I'll go then and it's not open on Sundays so I couldn't go today.

Post #9   5/20/07 5:56:36PM   

rameydl8

Standup Guy

rameydl8 Avatar

Career:354-206
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:
i didnt study and i passed...but one of my friends failed twice

Post #10   5/20/07 11:16:01PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I failed my learner's permit test twice before I passed and I almost failed my road test.

All my friends aced their written and road tests.

However, I am the only person out of my circle of friends that has not been in an accident and/or had a number of big time speeding tickets. Oh and I'm doing my PhD in medicine right now so It's not like I'm bad in school or anything.

Don't let it get you down man.

Post #11   5/20/07 11:40:31PM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:
It took me two tries to get my G1 (You can drive with someone who had their licence for 3 years or more)

I got 100% on sign identification and then I got 5 wrong on the questions (can only get 4 wrong per test)

The second time I only got one wrong, and in two weeks I go for my G2 (you can drive alone with minor restrictions)

Post #12   5/21/07 4:58:24PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by Infused

It took me two tries to get my G1 (You can drive with someone who had their licence for 3 years or more)

I got 100% on sign identification and then I got 5 wrong on the questions (can only get 4 wrong per test)

The second time I only got one wrong, and in two weeks I go for my G2 (you can drive alone with minor restrictions)

I'm glad I missed graduated licencing.

I heard a rumour that you almost certainly fail your first road test (for G2 I think). The examiner told my cousin that she wasn't going to pass about half way through the test eventhough she didn't do anything wrong. She confirmed this and stopped the car. She told the examiner to get out and walk back to the Ministry of Transportation on their own.

Nice way to handle it I think.

Post #13   5/22/07 10:42:32AM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:

Posted by Rush

I'm glad I missed graduated licencing.

I heard a rumour that you almost certainly fail your first road test (for G2 I think). The examiner told my cousin that she wasn't going to pass about half way through the test eventhough she didn't do anything wrong. She confirmed this and stopped the car. She told the examiner to get out and walk back to the Ministry of Transportation on their own.

Nice way to handle it I think.

Thats ridiculous :P I think I would have done the same thing in his situation though.

As for people always failing, thats definatly not how it is here. One of my friends took the test while he was still drunk (his 19th birthday was the night before, and here in Ontario you can drink at 19) and he still passed it. I know lots of other people who are horrible at driving and still passed it though. Sucks for the people that get failed for shitty reasons though :P

Post #14   5/22/07 1:03:26PM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Career:384-226
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
yeah the driver's test is not something you should stress about too much, really just use some common sense or at the very least context clues.

I passed mine the first time and I only studied whenever I felt like it, I mostly reatained everything from class, drivers test was a little bit more difficult ( if you are the nervous type) but I did fine on it as well.

then again im from texas so maybe our tests are simpler...dunno

Post #15   5/22/07 3:36:22PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2