Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Champ Georges St-Pierre wants Nick Diaz fight as much as he wanted a title shot

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:947-534
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"I want this fight with Diaz so badly – as badly as I wanted the title shot when I got down on my knees," St-Pierre today told the UFC.

That was seven years ago at UFC 56, when his career looked a whole lot different than it does today. Of all the punches he's slipped on his current path, this one has hit hardest.

What's more, he can't do anything but sit and wait to settle the rivalry.

"I was (crushed) when I had to pull out of this weekend's fight hurt, but I am determined to get back to the octagon as soon as possible to fight this guy," St-Pierre said of Diaz. "He needs to hold up his part and beat (Carlos) Condit on Saturday to make this fight happen."

On Condit
"Condit is a very good fighter," he said. "He can strike, he is aggressive, and he has submissions. He has been very impressive and is the type of fighter who gets better and better the more confident he gets.

"I am not personal friends with him, but I know him a little, and he's a great person. I know a lot of people who know him well because we train with the same people, but I have only spoken with him a few times. I feel bad. It is weird that I want him to lose, but I have never wanted to fight anyone as much as I want to fight Diaz."

On Diaz
"I don't truly hate him as a person," St-Pierre said. "I don't know that he is a bad guy, but I hate what he brings to the sport with the disrespect and the unprofessional things he says and does. It is sort of a professional hatred. He has been nothing but disrespectful and arrogant toward me.

"During UFC 137 (week), I felt like I had to walk around Las Vegas with my fists ready because every time I came across him, he wanted to fight there and then. Every time the elevator opened (in the hotel), I needed to be ready to fight in case he stepped in. I was on edge all week. This guy is crazy.

"I am used to hearing (smack) talk from opponents. Matt Serra did it, Dan Hardy did it, and Josh Koscheck did it. But with Diaz, he has taken it to another level. He and his coach have called me a coward and tried to disrespect my accomplishments.

On the Knee
"I am ahead of schedule," he said of his recovery. "I can already train and even kick, but I am remaining calm and not rushing. I won't train properly until July, it is a matter of discipline not to force my knee to go harder than it can heal."

LINK

Post #1   1/31/12 4:22:37PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:947-534
Chips:
I was rolling when he said he felt he had to walk around Vegas at 137 with his fists ready. Reminds me of the old WWF Hardcore Championship where it was defended at place any time.

I kinda feel bad for Condit, though not surprised, through all this it's still all about GSP vs. Diaz.

Post #2   1/31/12 4:30:24PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,471-1,468
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
This whole Diaz thing is really bringing out a fire in GSP, he's cutting his best promos ever and he means what he's saying. A motivated and angry GSP is going to be awesome!

Post #3   1/31/12 4:30:35PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
as much as Nick is starting to grow on me, I would love to see what a motivated and angry GSP will do to him.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   1/31/12 6:41:33PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 41-51

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,681-1,047
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

This whole Diaz thing is really bringing out a fire in GSP, he's cutting his best promos ever and he means what he's saying. A motivated and angry GSP is going to be awesome!

Now I want Diaz to win this weekend just so we can see GSP tear him apart

Post #5   1/31/12 7:26:20PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave
I kinda feel bad for Condit,

Oh I wouldn't worry about that. If Carlos is going to allow GSP wanting to fight nick effect his mental state then he never should have walked in with Nick in the first place. In fact he probaly has it spun in his own head that George really just wants nothing to do with fighting him.

Post #6   1/31/12 8:32:35PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,560-1,523
Chips:
my bad gsp, u know u dont want anything to do with my boy condit..cuz he'll mess u up, coming off a acl injury, ring rust..not a good combo against condit..diaz earned my respect by beating the p*ss outta my fav. penn..but yes i always pick against diaz!..condit got power, crisp techniques, CARDIO (lol)..and i'm sure he's p*ssed no one is talking bout him..he's been champ and he'll be champ again!
condit new ww champ!

Post #7   2/1/12 2:15:41AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,378-1,590
Chips:
Diaz will beat them all.

Post #8   2/1/12 2:53:38AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,135-655
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

I was rolling when he said he felt he had to walk around Vegas at 137 with his fists ready.

Yeah no doubt about it, you need to be ready when the elevator door opens, because if trouble saunters on in and hits the door close button you know shits about to get real. Happens to me at least twice a week and I don't have any real enemies. Must be twice a day or so for GSP.

Post #9   2/1/12 9:04:31AM