Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC on FOX 2 ratings: Event averages 4.7 million viewers, second-best all-time

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This past weekend's UFC on FOX 2 event, which featured three main-card bouts, averaged 4.7 million viewers.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the figures with industry sources.

Overall, the Jan. 28 event – which ran two hours and 19 minutes – scored a 3.21 rating among men 18-49 and a 3.21 among men 18-34. It's tied for the second-highest-rated MMA event in U.S. television history.

All of the numbers are down from November's record-setting UFC on FOX 1 event. The FOX-televised broadcast, which featured just one bout with Junior Dos Santos claiming the heavyweight title from Cain Velasquez, averaged 5.7 million viewers. The event also scored a 4.0 household rating among men 18-49 and 4.3 among men 18-34.

The second event – and the first official show that is part of a seven-year UFC-FOX deal that formally began this month – took place at Chicago's sold-out United Center. Rashad Evans claimed a light-heavyweight title shot with a decision victory over Phil Davis in the headliner. In other FOX-televised bouts, which followed prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook, Chael Sonnen edged Michael Bisping to claim a middleweight title shot, and middleweight Chris Weidman kept his perfect record intact with a decision win over Demian Maia.

On Monday, FOX officials announced that – according to overnight-ratings information – UFC on FOX 2 ratings were up 42 percent compared to the network's previous four weeks of Saturday-night programming.

In counter-programming efforts, Spike TV averaged 828,000 viewers for a UFC Fight Night replay and "UFC Unleashed" episodes that aired from 7-11 p.m. ET/PT. The UFC Fight Night replay kicked off the counter-programming strong and averaged 960,000 viewers...

Full Story

Post #1   1/31/12 12:19:57PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i know MANY people who still don't know about UFC on FOX or FX.

i also know people who did not watch this past weekend bc they thought it started at the usual ppv time.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #2   1/31/12 1:50:27PM   

MuayThaiGeek13

MMA Regular

Career:115-75
Chips:
Idk if I'm humored or annoyed by the near 1 million idiots who watched spike instead.

Post #3   1/31/12 2:05:12PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
Those are some awesome numbers.

Post #4   1/31/12 5:08:31PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i also know people who did not watch this past weekend bc they thought it started at the usual ppv time.

yeah the new time slot threw a lot of people off. I had a couple friends show up just before the Evans/Davis fight cuz they thought it started at PPV time

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   2/1/12 12:15:58PM