Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Report: Satoshi Ishii Suffered Cerebral Edema Against Fedor Emelianenko, MMA Career May Be Over

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,677-1,658
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by Travesty145

the promotion that decided to put fedor who has like 40 fights in against a guy with 3 fights should be fucking sued for this shit. complete mismatch. and fedor should be ashamed of himself as well

Wrong. No one is to blame, especially Fedor. Just a horribly tragic situation is all

While I don't agree that Fedor should be ashamed (nor should he be proud of such a BS win), I have to wonder if this might be do to a pre-existing condition that would have been caught by one of the pre-fight tests athletic commissions require in the US?

Post #16   1/30/12 8:20:28PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
that is terrible. i hate seeing athletes retire because of injuries or conditions such as this...i would hate to be in their shoes

but what was he doing fighting at HW if he has a potential LHW fight with Arona? stick to people his own size (and not the greatest HW fighter ever). i doubt that Fedor caused it, but it certainly didnt help. and as Machodog stated, this could have been a pre-existing condition that escalated after the fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   1/30/12 8:52:11PM   

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Career:675-411
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Travesty145

the promotion that decided to put fedor who has like 40 fights in against a guy with 3 fights should be fucking sued for this shit. complete mismatch. and fedor should be ashamed of himself as well

It's not like Ishii wasn't an Olympic Gold medalist with a 5 degree black belt in Judo or anything, oh wait.....

so youre saying that a 5th degree blackbelt in judo makes him one of the best heavyweights in the world?. it would have been slightly different had he been undefeated but he had already had one loss too. that was a complete and total mismatch. fedor should be ashamed because he accepted that fight

Post #18   1/30/12 10:45:15PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

Osmotic diuretics, not the over the counter stuff.
That's the first line treatment... then in severe cases they go with surgery to reduce the fluid (but surgery can be dangerous and considered last resort).

http://www.medicalook.com/Neurological_disorders/Cerebral_edema.html

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Always good to learn something.

Post #19   1/31/12 2:04:59AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Travesty145

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Travesty145

It's not like Ishii wasn't an Olympic Gold medalist with a 5 degree black belt in Judo or anything, oh wait.....

so youre saying that a 5th degree blackbelt in judo makes him one of the best heavyweights in the world?. it would have been slightly different had he been undefeated but he had already had one loss too. that was a complete and total mismatch. fedor should be ashamed because he accepted that fight

Show me exactly where I said he was one of the best HW's in the world because of his Judo. The point I'm trying to make is that Ishii just wasn't some prospect with barley any experience, because of his high level background in Judo.

Stop saying Fedor should be ashamed of himself. It just sounds completely and utterly stupid.

Post #20   1/31/12 10:02:22AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2