Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on FOX 2's Evan Dunham eyes Pettis-Lauzon winner after latest victory

Print  
Posted By Message

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,438-812
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
CHICAGO – It's official: Evan Dunham has put himself back into the fray of UFC lightweight title contention.

Dunham (13-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) primarily used his standup to secure a second-round TKO (via doctor's stoppage) over a game Nik Lentz (21-5-2 MMA, 5-2-1 UFC), who was stopped for the first time in his UFC career.

LINK

Post #1   1/29/12 3:34:38PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,479-1,275
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It's either the winner of that fight or Tibau, otherwise he'd be taking a step back or facing someone coming off of a loss like Guida or Cerrone. I don't see any other options. I think the fight makes sense.

Last edited 1/29/12 4:00PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   1/29/12 3:44:10PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
He won't get the winner of that fight. I think winner of that fight might get a potential no.1 contender fight.

Tibau would handle Dunham, but i'd be fine with that matchup.

Post #3   1/29/12 3:50:16PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,438-812
Chips:
They have a lot of options for Dunham imo. He could face Pettis/Lauzon or Tibau and that would make perfect sense but I think maybe like Tony Ferguson or Thiago Tavares I could see them putting together.

Post #4   1/29/12 4:27:48PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:
i would like to see him get another crack at guillard. maybe not necessarily this next fight, but eventually i'd like to see him redeem that loss

Post #5   1/29/12 4:44:34PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
I forgot about Sherk, who is wanting a comeback fight this Spring/Summer. I wonder if either and/or Joe Silva are interested in a rematch. Sherk IS a former champion, and Dunham DID get robbed. It could make sense.

Post #6   1/29/12 4:46:30PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I forgot about Sherk, who is wanting a comeback fight this Spring/Summer. I wonder if either and/or Joe Silva are interested in a rematch. Sherk IS a former champion, and Dunham DID get robbed. It could make sense.

I think its too early for a Sherk rematch. I agree that Dunham got robbed but fighting Sherk again won't prove anything, its just a W on the record he should already have.

I don't usually play match maker but LW is so stacked I doubt there's any lack of fights to make for Dunham.

Post #7   1/29/12 5:11:52PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Kpro

I think its too early for a Sherk rematch. I agree that Dunham got robbed but fighting Sherk again won't prove anything, its just a W on the record he should already have.

I don't usually play match maker but LW is so stacked I doubt there's any lack of fights to make for Dunham.

Yeah, I'm just trying to think of who they could put Sherk against. He has fights on his contract, the UFC has said he will be back, and he has said he won't take a fight outside the top 10. I really don't know what to make of Sherk going forward and I, like you, don't care much for rematches like that, just thought with the controversy and Dunham back on the radar and Sherk aiming for a fight around the same time it could make sense. Who knows, Joe Silva has done stranger things.

I'm just throwing the spaghetti against the wall to see if it sticks.

Last edited 1/29/12 6:53PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #8   1/29/12 6:51:05PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Kpro

Yeah, I'm just trying to think of who they could put Sherk against. He has fights on his contract, the UFC has said he will be back, and he has said he won't take a fight outside the top 10. I really don't know what to make of Sherk going forward and I, like you, don't care much for rematches like that, just thought with the controversy and Dunham back on the radar and Sherk aiming for a fight around the same time it could make sense. Who knows, Joe Silva has done stranger things.

Sherk vs Maynard
Sherk vs Melendez (if he comes over)
Sherk vs Diaz
Sherk vs Cerrone
Sherk vs Guillard (though not likely)

one of these fight should be the sticky spaghetti

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   1/29/12 7:33:02PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

one of these fight should be the sticky spaghetti

Maybe Cerrone to get him back on track.

Btw, spaghetti sounds great right about now.

Post #10   1/29/12 7:41:39PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Chips:
I think Dunham takes both.

Post #11   1/29/12 8:01:25PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I think Dunham takes both.

Bold, I like it.

Post #12   1/29/12 8:30:23PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,485-914
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Kpro

Maybe Barboza?
I don't know if that would be considered a step back for Dunham or not, but it would definitely be a step up for Barboza, and with the tear that Barboza has been on, it could be sold as a fight to set up the winner of Pettis/Lauzon vs the winner of this fight for a possible title shot. I don't, I'm pretty much doing the same as you. Just tossing out ideas and hoping for the best.

Post #13   1/30/12 2:02:00AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
I want to see Barboza vs Pettis.

thats money.

Post #14   1/30/12 5:26:30PM