Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Las Vegas FOX affiliate says hackers' attack on White sees innocent woman harassed

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
UFC president Dana White's war on Internet piracy may have just taken an unexpected (and somewhat bizarre) turn.

Twenty-four hours after hackers posted White's alleged personal info – including his apparent phone number, social security number and current and past addresses – a Las Vegas woman has come forward and claims at least part of that information is completely incorrect.

"When I look, it's my phone number and my address," Las Vegas' Julie Breeler told FOX 5 Vegas in a Friday night report. "There's no Dana White here, folks."

Breeler claims to have received more than 500 phone calls since her information was released in place of White's actual data.

In the report, FOX 5 reporter Matt Delucia suggests the UFC boss' name became associated with Breeler's address thanks to a past resident of the house who owned a white cat named "Dana," and used the pseudonym as a way to detect junk mail...

Full Story

Post #1   1/28/12 1:46:22PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,451-1,459
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
There's not enough fluoride in my water to believe this. What a joke of a "story".

Post #2   1/28/12 2:16:34PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:838-409
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Weird story.

Funny thing I never understand about these 'leaks of personal info' is who are the 500 losers who are calling his number? I mean, I get people are into 'celebrities' but getting Dana's address and phone number just seems pretty meaningless to me.

What would these people say if he actually answered the phone? "Hi, I love UFC?"

The guy isn't going to talk to weirdos who call his number (well, aside from that one prank call that went online maybe), but... I don't know... maybe I'm just not seeing or understanding the thrill of knowing where the guy lives or having his digits in my cell phone.

Then again I've never really been into the celeb-stalker thing in general, so maybe I'll never understand.

Post #3   1/28/12 2:51:04PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

who are the 500 losers who are calling his number? I mean, I get people are into 'celebrities' but getting Dana's address and phone number just seems pretty meaningless to me.

What would these people say if he actually answered the phone? "Hi, I love UFC?"

In this case it'd be people complaining about the UFC's support of SOPA even though the bill was horribly written to infringe on everyone's freedom on the internet. That was the reason for the fake hack of his personal information to begin with.

In most cases though, yeah, it's weird that a celebrity gets that many calls.

Post #4   1/28/12 3:05:52PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,290-1,399
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Yeah, cause everyone loves Dana, including yourself!! Right?
Hard to believe some people would hate the guy and dislike him. And actually want to speak their mind to him!!! You forget Ufc has buried alot of mma organizations. So im sure some people are sour. Im not one of them, but I find your comments just ridiculous

Post #5   1/28/12 3:25:51PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by DancingDoll

who are the 500 losers who are calling his number? I mean, I get people are into 'celebrities' but getting Dana's address and phone number just seems pretty meaningless to me.

In this case it'd be people complaining about the UFC's support of SOPA even though the bill was horribly written to infringe on everyone's freedom on the internet. That was the reason for the fake hack of his personal information to begin with.

People are ridiculous, but I'm really not buying the bulk of this story.

These guys are good enough at what they do. They posted Dana's birth certificate online. I'm not sure how they somehow missed the fact that she had a "white" cat named Dana, but got everything else right.

Nice try on spinning it, though.

Post #6   1/28/12 3:34:33PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:838-409
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Hard to believe some people would hate the guy and dislike him. And actually want to speak their mind to him!!! You forget Ufc has buried alot of mma organizations. So im sure some people are sour. Im not one of them, but I find your comments just ridiculous

Harassment via speed-dial doesn't change much, in my opinion.

If someone wants to express their anger/frustration, then send a letter or email or keep things in the public domain. He's not going to answer the phone, it's easy to change a number, and showing up on his front doorstep pretty much just gets you arrested. The issues are on a professional/public level, so people should keep them there. His private life should be his own.

To me, people who prefer to hide behind a veil of anonymity and resort to base-level harassment are the ridiculous ones.

Post #7   1/28/12 3:38:02PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

What the hell are you even talking about, dude? How are her comments ridiculous?

She's about spot on with her comments. I'm sure she wasn't insinuating that everyone who would call Dana "loves" the UFC. It was a rhetorical question. She might as well have said something arbitrary like "What would these people say if he actually answered the phone? 'I love nayan cat?'"

If you honestly think Dana is going to sit there and listen to a multitude of persons barraging him via text and phone calls, YOUR comments are the ridiculous ones. He would simply hang up before you finished your "Fuck you, Dana White" rant. You probably wouldn't even get through "fuck" before he hung up.

Instead of attacking posters for saying stuff, why don't you try reading through their comments for the crux of their argument. Most of the asshats that would have called Dana probably have ZERO idea what they would say before they realized he answered the phone. People are impulsive and do stupid shit on a whim. T

The people who actually did plan out their verbal assault prior to calling would likely have been hung up on before they even got going.

Post #8   1/28/12 3:45:52PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,290-1,399
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

What the hell are you even talking about, dude? How are her comments ridiculous?
She's about spot on with her comments. I'm sure she wasn't insinuating that everyone who would call Dana "loves" the UFC. It was a rhetorical question. She might as well have said something arbitrary like "What would these people say if he actually answered the phone? 'I love nayan cat?'"
If you honestly think Dana is going to sit there and listen to a multitude of persons barraging him via text and phone calls, YOUR comments are the ridiculous ones. He would simply hang up before you finished your "Fuck you, Dana White" rant. You probably wouldn't even get through "fuck" before he hun

LoL
Im making sense, and if you READ through my damn post you would see that. Also at the end of my post I stated that I DO NOT agree with ppl phoning.
But people dont like Dana. Its a fact. it happens to actors and.famous people. But honestly who cares? They got millions of dollars, im sure they can figure it out.

Last edited 1/28/12 4:37PM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n

Post #9   1/28/12 4:34:52PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,810-1,780
Chips:
Most people couldn't even harass him as much as the standard media does anyways.......the dude would probably call you a wuss and cuss you out then unceremoniously hang up on you and promptly block your number.....the guy has security people too.

Post #10   1/28/12 4:38:04PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Kpro

Posted by DancingDoll

People are ridiculous, but I'm really not buying the bulk of this story.

These guys are good enough at what they do. They posted Dana's birth certificate online. I'm not sure how they somehow missed the fact that she had a "white" cat named Dana, but got everything else right.

Nice try on spinning it, though.

It depends on how they got their info. Phone numbers and past addresses can sometimes be incorrect on credit reports. It's possible that's where they got that portion of the info...and even if Dana has tried to get his report corrected, that stuff can take some time to reverse. I don't think it specified whether it was a past or current address. If it was the current address, it would be some pretty sloppy research...and I'd be a bit skeptical as a result. However, if it was a past address, I could see them possibly making that mistake under the right conditions.

Post #11   1/28/12 4:40:18PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

If you honestly think Dana is going to sit there and listen to a multitude of persons barraging him via text and phone calls, YOUR comments are the ridiculous ones. He would simply hang up before you finished your "Fuck you, Dana White" rant. You probably wouldn't even get through "fuck" before he hun

LoL
Im making sense, and if you READ through my damn post you would see that. Also at the end of my post I stated that I DO NOT agree with ppl phoning.
But people dont like Dana. Its a fact. it happens to actors and.famous people. But honestly who cares? They got millions of dollars, im sure they can figure it out.

I did see that, but that's not the portion of your post that I was referencing. You seemed to think she thought everyone would call Dana and say "I love the UFC."

She simply put an arbitrary question in there. Nothing more, nothing less. You assumed she thought everyone would be in love with Dana and call him for positive reasons when she doesn't think that. She simply put a random question in there.

Post #12   1/28/12 4:54:22PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by JoeWarren33

LoL

I did see that, but that's not the portion of your post that I was referencing. You seemed to think she thought everyone would call Dana and say "I love the UFC."

She simply put an arbitrary question in there. Nothing more, nothing less. You assumed she thought everyone would be in love with Dana and call him for positive reasons when she doesn't think that. She simply put a random question in there.

You need a third party to settle this.

BlueSkies is right and JoeWarren is wrong.

I have spoken.

Post #13   1/29/12 2:01:48AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by JoeWarren33

LoL

You need a third party to settle this.

BlueSkies is right and JoeWarren is wrong.

I have spoken.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #14   1/29/12 7:27:47PM