Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

#OpUFC: Anonymous Answers Dana White's Challenge, Hacks UFC.tv

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC president Dana White responded to last weekend's hacking of UFC.com by hackers apparently unrelated to Anonymous by calling out the hacker organization and daring them to attack the UFC again. Careful what you wish for. We posted last night on Dana White's personal information being posted on the Internet by hackers. The attacks were ramped up over night with UFC.tv being defaced after White's Twitter beef with Anonymous members.

LINK

Post #1   1/27/12 2:34:57PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Chips:

Post #2   1/27/12 2:35:50PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
@ DW, just let it go dude.

Post #3   1/27/12 4:00:01PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Dana's fortunate that they haven't messed with a live broadcast yet. Though we still have weigh-ins and and some live fights to get through this weekend. Don't poke the bear, Dana. Not worth it.

Post #4   1/27/12 4:13:07PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Chips:
Does the government not have anyone who can catch these guys? I mean, I know these hackers are good but come on, we must have guys just as good on the payroll.

On a side note, I think this shits hilarious

Post #5   1/27/12 4:45:38PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Dana's fortunate that they haven't messed with a live broadcast yet. Though we still have weigh-ins and and some live fights to get through this weekend. Don't poke the bear, Dana. Not worth it.

Anonymous would be wise to steer clear of that. It's one thing when you mess with the govt, but when you mess with major corporations whose bread and butter is broadcasting, their stretch would be limitless. Defacing a website is one thing, but messing with a live broadcast that has advertising implications, pissing off Fox (owned by Murdoch) and the UFC combined would be a bad idea.

Overall, this whole cherade by Anonymous only reinforces what Dana had to say. I don't understand what they are trying to prove here. It's silly.

Post #6   1/27/12 4:47:13PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

Anonymous would be wise to steer clear of that. It's one thing when you mess with the govt, but when you mess with major corporations whose bread and butter is broadcasting, their stretch would be limitless. Defacing a website is one thing, but messing with a live broadcast that has advertising implications, pissing off Fox (owned by Murdoch) and the UFC combined would be a bad idea.

Overall, this whole cherade by Anonymous only reinforces what Dana had to say. I don't understand what they are trying to prove here. It's silly.

Anonymous is a massive collective spread out throughout the globe. It's not like they can just track these dudes down and they'll give each other up. They are called Anonymous for a reason.

Post #7   1/27/12 4:59:34PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
These hackers are good - in fact, great.

If Dana can goad them to hack the ufc's website, maybe I can aggravate them to do something for me.

I dare you, hackers, to put all ufc events for free on regular tv.

Post #8   1/27/12 4:59:52PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Also, Anon tried to talk to Dana. Dana called THEM out. They asked him what his deal was and why they were being singled out. UGNazi's were the ones that originally hacked the UFC, but Dana saw fit to call out Anonymous.

They politely asked him what his deal was and he ran his mouth to them. They asked him for an apology and he refused to give one. Dana picked the fight. As a fight promoter he should be aware of what happens when you call someone out.

As Anonymous said, "we accept your fight, Dana. Our martial art: the internet."

Post #9   1/27/12 5:03:29PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

I don't follow

Post #10   1/27/12 5:13:47PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

I don't follow

I think he's saying that they'll hire "guns" to find out who these guys are. Like the DOJ, FBI, and NSA aren't already trying to find them as it is.

Post #11   1/27/12 5:15:32PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

I don't follow

I also don't think he realizes that the Mexican Cartels are already looking for Anonymous because they began attacking them. A pissed off Murdoch isn't exactly any more of a threat than anything Anonymous is facing right now.

Post #12   1/27/12 5:16:58PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,843-1,756
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Also, Anon tried to talk to Dana. Dana called THEM out. They asked him what his deal was and why they were being singled out. UGNazi's were the ones that originally hacked the UFC, but Dana saw fit to call out Anonymous.

They politely asked him what his deal was and he ran his mouth to them. They asked him for an apology and he refused to give one. Dana picked the fight. As a fight promoter he should be aware of what happens when you call someone out.

As Anonymous said, "we accept your fight, Dana. Our martial art: the internet."

I love it.

Post #13   1/27/12 6:10:41PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #14   1/27/12 6:14:25PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,364-1,587
Chips:
With the rapid evolution of technology and the internet I think it is safe to say that things like buying music, buying DVDs and PPVS will eventually be part of the past. This is something that the greedy money sucking corporations are just going to have to deal with. In my eyes money is the root of all evil and the corporations are as evil as it gets. Money supersedes everything when it comes to corporations. Freedom means nothing. Life means nothing. The environment means nothing. Justice means nothing etc etc The bottom line (profit) means everything. This is one of a zillion reasons why I am a staunch anti-capitalist.

Post #15   1/27/12 6:35:37PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3