Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jim Miller vs Nate Diaz to fight May 5th

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
im a diaz hater so WAR MILLER

Post #16   1/25/12 1:05:16AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Gotta be for next title shot
There is no.one else right now
I do like the match

Post #17   1/25/12 2:04:25AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I say this with a heavy heart, but.... WAR DIAZ!!!!

The Miller brothers are my favorite fighters, aside from the Diaz brothers. But this is probably an easier fight for Diaz than Cerrone was. Nate is better than Jim everywhere, much like he was against Cerrone.

I predict a bloodletting. Nathan Diaz wins

Post #18   1/25/12 2:14:37AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Awesome match up. Good job, Mr. matchmaker intern.

Post #19   1/25/12 2:19:35AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

Tailor made for Diaz imo for title hype, but all that shit aside this is one hell of a match to make.

I can only hope Diaz will also get a crack at Dunham/Roller.

I think the fight favor's Miller personally. Diaz struggles against strong wrestlers that he can't easily submit. I wouldn't be surprised if Miller did exactly what Guida did to him. Your right though, it should be a great fight. Diaz seems to be coming into his own now.

Is Miller really that excellent of a take-em-down wrestler though? When the fight does hit the ground, I would concur that Miller will have no trouble leveraging his strengths into a competitive bout, one in which he'll probably find the top and be able to hold onto a strong position, if not pass into a better. But if Clay Guida is the standard for what Diaz has trouble with, Miller might have trouble getting Diaz into that position in the first place.

It'll be fun. I hope Miller wins, but I envision a fighter where Diaz continues his transformation from a fighter that's using his big brother's name for a free pass into the UFC into a fighter that emulates his big brother in the cage enough that he's proven his worth. He might drop the first round, but as it is with the Diaz brothers, more alike now than ever, he'll wear out Miller with his hands and it'll feel like watching a predator toy with his prey by the time the third round begins.

That's fair and good points made. I guess what I was trying to say is that I don't think this fight is "tailor made" as ghandikush thinks it may be. I don't think Miller is going to stand in front of Nate and I think his wrestling is more than enough to give Diaz trouble. Both are great fighters, should be a fun one to watch.

Post #20   1/25/12 2:24:13AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
What an Awesome! matchup, can't wait for this one, I say Diaz wins in a back & forth Barnburner!

Post #21   1/25/12 2:44:36AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Chips:
Ah, the kryptonite to the Diaz brothers. Hoping Nate continues his win streak, but Miller has the type of game to stifle his offense. Although, I still think he won the fight against Guida.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #22   1/25/12 8:39:12AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:860-491
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think a lot of us were expecting Diaz to fight the winner out of Lauzon/Pettis, but hell I'll take this match up. Nate has been a totally different fighter since Nick has came back into the UFC. Who woulda thought that he would be so close to a title shot?

I have to give the edge to Diaz, he definitely has the better stand up, on the ground Miller is the stronger fighter, but Diaz is slicker.

Post #23   1/25/12 8:52:05AM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:281-172
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Crazy ass fight that I expect to look like diaz vs sanchez with miller winning by staying on top,and avoiding submissions in a sick ass grappling war.

Post #24   1/25/12 9:33:29AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,151-1,470
Chips:
I like both fighters so this match up kind of sucks for me. I don't see how Miller is going to do much against Nate. On their feet Nate will pick him apart and turn his face to hamburger and if it goes to the ground I think Nate has the advantage as well. Miller does have a small chance of controlling Diaz on the ground and that is his only hope for victory. I say Diaz has a 75% chance of winning this one. Miller's only hope is for a decision victory after a grueling ground battle. Can Nate finish Miller though? I am not sure about that but between Nate's boxing and grappling skills I don't see how he can lose. This should be a great fight though. The UFC needs to stop matching my favorite fighters against each other. I guess they all end up fighting sooner or later.

Post #25   1/25/12 9:56:27AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
How long will Miller be willing to stand with Nate? I think too many guys get caught staying in the stand up with the Diaz boys because the individual shots don't hurt them, and before they know it they eat 30 shots and are on queer street. I'm hoping Miller can get this to the ground and control Nate there but right now I think Nate has to be the favorite since he has more ways to win. Wrestlers give Nate trouble though, so I don't think this is a lock by any stretch.

Post #26   1/25/12 10:38:59AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
JeezI hate to say this but Diaz is looking good and his reach should be a huge factor and Miller isnt a great wrestler to be the kryptonite...I see it a 3 rounded fight similar to teh Cerrone Diaz but without Diaz ever on his back...

Only people I think beat Diaz are the wrestlers at 155...Seems obvious...

Post #27   1/25/12 11:49:11AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Ah, the kryptonite to the Diaz brothers. Hoping Nate continues his win streak, but Miller has the type of game to stifle his offense. Although, I still think he won the fight against Guida.

Agreed.

And the fight against Maynard.

I don't think wrestlers are their kryptonite any more. Leaning towards diaz, but this is a super hard fight to call.

Post #28   1/25/12 5:31:48PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Guida had tons of trouble completing the takedowns on Diaz.

I think MIller will be content to set up his takedowns with strikes, and the reach disadvantage is massive.

Post #29   1/25/12 6:27:07PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
6 months ago I would have picked Miller without any hesitation. Now I can't possible pick against Diaz. He is on a tear.

Post #30   1/26/12 10:32:04AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2