Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Carlo Prater believes Joe Rogan publicly humiliated him after the Eric Silva disqualification

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
It’s been several weeks since the fight, and Carlo Prater is finally speaking about how he felt about it in this interview with Brazil’s Sportv.globo.com.

“I think in the end I was made out as a villain. I wasn’t laying on the octagon for nothing after the fight. I want that to be clear. I had to stay in the hospital until Monday. They (UFC) asked me not to go public because, indeed, that wouldn’t do any good for me or Eric. IMO, Mario did the right thing. It’s been a long time since rules have been implemented. You are not allowed to do anything you want inside the cage. Watching the fight video I could see at least 9 blows to the back of the head. I think the way Joe Rogan behaved was completely unethical. He went with the crowd. A real professional doesn’t do that. He was acting like a fan when he should be acting as a shout caster. Mario is a million time more competent than him. He’s been living off this for 20 years. Joe Rogan is just a swagger, someone who walks amongst fighters but isn’t really a fighter himself. He doesn’t understand. Whatever… human beings make mistakes and I am not going to be holding grudges against him”

This isn’t the first time someone has criticized Joe Rogan; but it is the first time that Joe Rogan took a position on a controversial stoppage and declared that the referee was wrong inside the octagon. While that kind of personal engagement to the sport might not be something we’re used to, I feel it’s exactly what’s missing in other sports. So often we find commentators sitting monotonous in a press booths, summing up what they see and offering little to no constructive interpretation outside of a fact sheet that’s handed to them, while Rogan lets his passion for the sport transcend the broadcast. Hopefully Carlo Prater and Joe Rogan can make amends before their next event together. Maybe they too can hug it out over a bag of plantain chips.

link

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   1/24/12 5:06:45PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,681-1,948
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
I tend to agree with Mr.Prater.

Post #2   1/24/12 5:14:55PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,566-924
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Prater needs to get over it and realize he got mowed down. I can understand his frustration to an extent and can sympathize with his situation but flat out lying and claiming their where nine blows to the back of the head is outrageous.

Prater, the reason why you where on the ground for so long in part,was do to a huge knee that knocked the wind straight out of you as well.

Last edited 1/24/12 5:18PM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   1/24/12 5:15:15PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,095-668
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I like the fact Rogan displayed his opinion I think there are times things like that need to be said and that was one of them.

But what is this guy on about 9 blows to the back of the head?!?! Am I right in thinking if the punch hits any part of the ear it's a legal punch? If that's the case I saw one possibly two illegal punches in that scramble.

Now I don't blame Yamasaki here he has to make a decision in an instant but I feel the DQ was wrong and with how fast everything happened it's understandable. But the fact Prater is trying to claim it was definately a DQ is just as bad or worse of what he's claiming from Rogan IMO.

Last edited 1/24/12 5:16PM server time by babalu46
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   1/24/12 5:15:42PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,693-1,445
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Honestly he kinda humiliated himself with that performance, and to put Joe on blast afterward is totally unprofessional and will probably get him cut.

Post #5   1/24/12 5:18:37PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
How does questioning the call of Mario Yamasaki humiliate Carlo Prater?

Post #6   1/24/12 5:19:17PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Chips:
Joe Rogan questioned the decision to call the fight a DQ made by Mario which had nothing to do with Prater's performance. If that publicly humiliates him, he should find a profession that involves not being in the public eye.

Post #7   1/24/12 5:33:20PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,692-972
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Joe Rogan questioned the decision to call the fight a DQ made by Mario which had nothing to do with Prater's performance. If that publicly humiliates him, he should find a profession that involves not being in the public eye.

couldnt agree more

Post #8   1/24/12 5:47:38PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Chips:
You opened a can of worms, Mr. Prater. Rogan isn't someone you want to mess with in the public eye.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Post #9   1/24/12 5:54:09PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Kpro

couldnt agree more

9 blows to the back of the head? i almost spit out my drink when i read that. if you are so pissed, demand a rematch and get your ass kicked again. ill gladly take the 11 points i was robbed of

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   1/24/12 5:56:26PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,451-1,459
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I think Jon Fitch had more reason to be upset when he was knocked out by Hendricks and Rogan laughed about Fitch being knocked out and trying to take down the referee when he came to. I'll admit the whole thing was a little humorous but the way Rogan put it and gave time for the crowd to laugh as well caused me some secondary humiliation for Fitch.

Post #11   1/24/12 6:01:36PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
Joe Rogan may not be a fighter but his martial arts credentials are actually more impressive than many fighters on the roster. TKD black belt and 4 time state champion and 1x USA TKD US Open LW Champion, 3 professional kickboxing bouts, BJJ brown belt under Machado after training under Carlson Gracie, as well as a BJJ brown belt via Eddie Bravo in the 10th planet system.

I'm not saying he'd beat anyone on the UFC roster at any weight class, but it's not like he's an analyst who went to broadcasting school with no martial arts training just schmoozing around trying to be one of the fighters.

Really just comes across by Prater as a poor-me-I-can't-believe-he-did-that, buuuuut let me invalidate Joe in a similar way to how I think he humiliated me. He could have said this in a much more professional manner just as he feels Rogan could've acted in a much more professional way.

Post #12   1/24/12 6:02:03PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 40-51

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,660-1,039
Chips:
Whats Prater whining about!?! He got a free W on his record for getting KTFO

Post #13   1/24/12 6:38:43PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

He should probably be quiet otherwise Yves Edwards will get fired for being a training partner. At least that's what ESPN's Outside The Lines told me.

Post #14   1/24/12 6:43:12PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by shaneTpain

He should probably be quiet otherwise Yves Edwards will get fired for being a training partner. At least that's what ESPN's Outside The Lines told me.

Post #15   1/24/12 6:48:34PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2