Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Junior Assuncao Released from the UFC

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,021-636
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by crazedfan

A bad decision to release a (below) mid-tier fighter who wasn't ever going to be more than a preliminary card fighter? I love how people get all riled up about stuff that they won't even remember or care about a month from now.

IMO I don't think anyone is riled up apart from you tbh I think everyone is just a little surprised he didn't get another chance after a win and a tight loss to a good opponent.

Post #16   1/24/12 1:07:37PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I don't like the guy but this was a suprise
He looked good at featherweight
I liked the wandy type stance I was impressed
Going 1-1 should not get you released
That Pearson lose was very close. I had it a split

Saying, "I had it as a split"" is the most ignorant thing any MMA Fan can ever say. Its impossible to have anything as a split. Either you think he lost, you think he won, or you think it was a draw. Personally I thought Assuncao won, but would not have been surprised if the match wounded up a loss, draw, or even a split decision...but still I would never state that I thought it was a split. Thats impossible. Its impossible for any one person to say I think this guy won, but I also think this guy won more. In that case its a draw if you think nobody won. To say it should have been a split is the most unintellectual thing anybody can ever post.

Now, don't get me wrong you can predict splits, I do it all the time. When I know two fighters are evenly matched and each judge looks for different things. I predict things will go to a split decision all the time.But once I've actually viewed the fight I don't say owe, it should have been a split. Thats impossible. I either say, I believe this guy won, or I believe nobody won and its a draw. I don't say my brain says this guy won, but my heart and dick says this other guy won therefore its a split.

I don't know why I'm writing this though. You've been posting here for years and you've never once posted twice in a single topic. Whenever somebody tries to start a convo with you its futile because you post in the topic then you never return to view the replies. Normally you post something bordering on fighter bashing and you just get replies complaining about you...but you prolly think you are the hero of the playground because you never return to read that people disagree with you.

Post #17   1/24/12 2:24:10PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,542-1,461
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

Saying, "I had it as a split"" is the most ignorant thing any MMA Fan can ever say. Its impossible to have anything as a split. Either you think he lost, you think he won, or you think it was a draw. Personally I thought Assuncao won, but would not have been surprised if the match wounded up a loss, draw, or even a split decision...but still I would never state that I thought it was a split. Thats impossible. Its impossible for any one person to say I think this guy won, but I also think this guy won more. In that case its a draw if you think nobody won. To say it should have been a split is the most unintellectual thing anybody can ever post.

Now, don't get me wrong you can predict splits, I do it all the time. When I know two fighters are evenly matched and each judge looks for different things. I predict things will go to a split decision all the time.But once I've actually viewed the fight I don't say owe, it should have been a split. Thats impossible. I either say, I believe this guy won, or I believe nobody won and its a draw. I don't say my brain says this guy won, but my heart and dick says this other guy won therefore its a split.

I don't know why I'm writing this though. You've been posting here for years and you've never once posted twice in a single topic. Whenever somebody tries to start a convo with you its futile because you post in the topic then you never return to view the replies. Normally you post something bordering on fighter bashing and you just get replies complaining about you...but you prolly think you are the hero of the playground because you never return to read that people disagree with you.

Post #18   1/24/12 2:29:14PM   

crazedfan

MMA Regular

crazedfan Avatar

Career:2,579-1,418
Camp: BE Civil War
Chips:

Posted by babalu46

Posted by crazedfan

A bad decision to release a (below) mid-tier fighter who wasn't ever going to be more than a preliminary card fighter? I love how people get all riled up about stuff that they won't even remember or care about a month from now.

IMO I don't think anyone is riled up apart from you tbh I think everyone is just a little surprised he didn't get another chance after a win and a tight loss to a good opponent.

Except fighters are getting released all the time after one loss now. I don't understand why people are still surprised about this.

Post #19   1/24/12 5:55:36PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

I see what you're saying, but I cordially disagree. You can have a split. It depends on how you, the viewer, judge the fights. You can watch a fight and say "I have a split decision" if you're able to separate what SHOULD happen from what will LIKELY happen.

Call me a cynic, a realist, or whatever you want, but anytime I see a certain judge scoring a contest, I immediately brace myself for ignorance and account for them to score something WAY different than someone else. At a certain point you have to take into account moronic judging as part of your decisions. In all honesty, I consider the person who is aware of these judging faux pas to be more in-tune with the reality of the sport than the individual that says "it should be scored this way and that's how I had it."

I see the logic in what you're saying, but I think there's more than one way to skin a cat. I probably haven't done the best job of explaining this and lord knows I have tried this before on the Kampmann-Sanchez Robbery thread, but I definitely think that people can score it a draw. They're taking into account the errors that judges are prone to making consistently and if you know they're judging, why would you score it any other way.

I sort of look at like this: everyone has that friend for whom they must prepare themselves before they hangout. He's an asshole, but he's our asshole. You hope the night is going to go smoothly, but you're acutely aware that it's likely going to be an epic shit-show and you prepare yourself accordingly. I do the same thing with judges like Byrd, Trowbridge, and Crosby.

Post #20   1/24/12 6:55:02PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

dont forget the constant bashing of every fight card calling them all weak and watered down. that happens way more often

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #21   1/24/12 8:01:46PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,078-848
Chips:
haters gonna hate.

Post #22   1/24/12 9:32:44PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2