Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bas Rutten Says Alistair Overeem Has A Glass Jaw, Will Lose To Junior Dos Santos

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Yeah I think Bas is really starting to show his bias. He never had a bad thing to say about Overeem before his fallout with Golden Glory, and now he is really kicking it up a notch. Not very flattering Bas, just stay out of the mud.

Post #16   1/23/12 7:44:46AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Interesting concept...So if JDS hits you and you get KTFO u have a glass jaw?

Come on man any well placed shot I dont care who you are your getting KTFO....

To sate someone has a glass jaw liek Bas did is not professional and defintiely has an underlying motive....

Post #17   1/23/12 1:39:55PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,500-932
Chips:
Bas is close with Golden Glory
Bas gets pissed when people move on in their careers (reference - Kimbo)
Bas maybe wishes he more accomplishments like Overeem has
Bas is being childish / unprofessional

Overeem finished Lesnar despite having real life personal issues going on

Maybe I'm a little biased, but I'm not with Bas on this one, even if he does make cutesy sound effects while on TV.

Post #18   1/23/12 6:57:30PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
I Agree.

Post #19   1/23/12 9:26:19PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm not going to compare JDS vs. Overeem's chin as that to me is similar to talking P4P rankings, the comparisons are never equivalent. I will say though that Overeem is 12-1 in MMA and 8-2 in K-1 since his permanent move to Heavyweight. The only time he's been knocked out cold in any combat sport or even lost as a Heavyweight in MMA post-permanent-move-to-HW was by a punch only 6 months after he decided to move up to HW by Sergei Kharitonov who outweighed him by 20+ pounds at the time and is arguably the most decorated HW MMA boxer there is. And of note, Overeem TKO'd Kharitonov with knees a year prior, before he made the permanent move to HW.

In that time, since the move 4 1/2 years ago, he's put on 60 pounds and gone 20-3 in combat sports, he's taken shots from Badr Hari, Peter Aerts, Remy Bonjasky, Tyron Spong, Gokhan Saki, Mark Hunt, Paul Buentello, Cro Cop, Brett Rogers, and about a half dozen other MMA guys who I'd have to even watch the fights again to see if they landed against him because he finished them so early.

If, as a Heavyweight only, going 20-3 while winning the 2010 K-1 Wold Grand Prix, KO'ing Badr Hari and Peter Aerts, while winning his past 12 MMA fights over 4+ years along with the DREAM & Strikeforce HW titles, taking many shots from the best and not getting knocked unconscious as a Heavyweight means you have a glass jaw. Then by all means Overeem has the glassiest jaw in the game today.

If you're looking at Overeem as the lighter fighter he once was pre-permanent move to HW, who was 24-10 and had been stopped by strikes 6 times then you're living in an era circa 5-13 years ago and 60 pounds of horse meat ago.

Last edited 1/24/12 1:19PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   1/24/12 1:08:44PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I'm not going to compare JDS vs. Overeem's chin as that to me is similar to talking P4P rankings, the comparisons are never equivalent. I will say though that Overeem is 12-1 in MMA and 8-2 in K-1 since his permanent move to Heavyweight. The only time he's been knocked out cold in any combat sport or even lost as a Heavyweight in MMA post-permanent-move-to-HW was by a punch only 6 months after he decided to move up to HW by Sergei Kharitonov who outweighed him by 20+ pounds at the time and is arguably the most decorated HW MMA boxer there is. And of note, Overeem TKO'd Kharitonov with knees a year prior, before he made the permanent move to HW.

In that time, since the move 4 1/2 years ago, he's put on 60 pounds and gone 20-3 in combat sports, he's taken shots from Badr Hari, Peter Aerts, Remy Bonjasky, Tyron Spong, Gokhan Saki, Mark Hunt, Paul Buentello, Cro Cop, Brett Rogers, and about a half dozen other MMA guys who I'd have to even watch the fights again to see if they landed against him because he finished them so early.

If, as a Heavyweight only, going 20-3 while winning the 2010 K-1 Wold Grand Prix, KO'ing Badr Hari and Peter Aerts, while winning his past 12 MMA fights over 4+ years along with the DREAM & Strikeforce HW titles, taking many shots from the best and not getting knocked unconscious as a Heavyweight means you have a glass jaw. Then by all means Overeem has the glassiest jaw in the game today.

If you're looking at Overeem as the lighter fighter he once was pre-permanent move to HW, who was 24-10 and had been stopped by strikes 6 times then you're living in an era circa 5-13 years ago and 60 pounds of horse meat ago.

but Bas said it, therefore its true!

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #21   1/24/12 7:38:15PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by tcunningham
Overeem has just as much of a chance to KO dos santos as dos santos has to KO overeem

STRONGLY disagree. JDS has a way stronger chin than Overeem IMO. Overeem's chin might not be glass, but it's also not exactly granite.

we'll see where his chins at when he's fought as many fights as Overeem

Post #22   1/24/12 8:13:56PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I think the people who think that any HW can KO any other HW are underestimating just how much punishment some of these guys can absorb. Have any of you guys watched Mark Hunt take a headkick from CroCop without blinking an eye, or watched Mike Russow get punched in the head for 13 minutes by Todd Duffee before knocking him out with one shot?

There are absolutely guys that can eat the best shots that any Heavyweight has to offer and keep moving forward. It may not be super common, but I disagree with this notion that any HW will KO any other HW if they just land clean. Some guys can take way, way more than others, and some guys can take what seems to be an inhuman amount of punishment without it even phasing them.

Post #23   1/24/12 8:29:38PM   

Hendo187

Learning to Sprawl

Hendo187 Avatar

Career:1,244-883
Camp: Ninja Jiu Jitsu
Chips:
Alistair is one of my fav fighters but yes his Jaw his questionable. If he can come in more quicker than his prev 2 fights i believe he can stand with Dos Santos but if the SF Overeem shows up hes gonna be a sitting duck for Dos Equis Santos,

Post #24   2/5/12 11:50:48AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2