Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

FIGHTS to make after UFC on FX 1

Print  
Agree with me?
Jim Miller vs. Nate Diaz 8 44%
Melvin Guillard vs. Ed Barboza 2 11%
Josh Neer vs. Rick Story 4 22%
Pat Barry vs. Russow-Einemo winner 1 6%
Mike Easton vs. Nick Denis 1 6%
other ( tell it in the comment box ) 2 11%
Posted By Message

dotaaddict

Learning to Sprawl

dotaaddict Avatar

Career:642-505
Camp: MMA Tycoon
Chips:
Jim Miller vs. Nate Diaz : this fight should consider the next challenger and this should be the answer to the Main Event problem of UFC 145.

Melvin Guillard vs. Ed Barboza: Guillard is on the way down and Barboza is on the way up. Who would not love this fight?

Josh Neer vs. Rick Story: a good technical fight. A good opponent for each other to make their stocks grow.

Pat Barry vs. Russow-Einemo winner: Barry should climb slowly so that his ground game will continue to improve.

Mike Easton vs. Nick Denis: I just scan the weight classes and I found this 2 are in the same weight. So, after the brutal K.O. by Denis and the action pack majority decision by Easton, they need each other for their next step in the ranking.

Post #1   1/22/12 3:41:35AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 35-47

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,457-944
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I dont like the idea of putting Barry against another grappler so soon. Sure he showed improvement against Morecraft, but that doesn't mean hes ready for the elite ground gamers of the heavyweight division just yet. Barry is a banger so lets see him bang! Give em Mark Hunt or Brendan Schaub & let the fireworks begin

Post #2   1/22/12 1:38:05PM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:1,405-821
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Brendan Schaub would try to take him down i bet

Post #3   1/22/12 5:15:56PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i was thinking clay guida vs miller. i think it would be a good fight for both guys, they both lost to henderson, it would give us a little bit clearer view of whos up for a title shot after henderson.

Post #4   1/22/12 7:07:55PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,445-1,303
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Miller vs lauzon or pettis winner
Guillard vs Sam stout

Barry vs gabe gonzaga

Easton.vs dobson
Neer vs Rick story

Ludwig vs prater

Last edited 1/22/12 7:54PM server time by prozacnation1978
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   1/22/12 7:52:56PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I find very interesting is Miller beat Melvin but Miller got beat easily by Henderson...I think Miller spent his wad early trying to hang onto Henderson...If he had watched teh tape he should know that tring to guillotine henderson is darn near impossible...ask Cerrone...Unless Cerrone was not doing it right and possible Miller thgouht that...

After this weekend the Edgar and Henderson fight is interesting but I still think Henderson will get his face smashed....hes not very good against good strikers...

Post #6   1/23/12 1:50:24PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Miller vs Diaz would be a sick fight if it goes to the ground. Diaz has the superior striking in that fight, but this fight could determine the next LW title contender.

Guillard vs Barboza wont happen right now. the UFC doesnt put someone on a 2 fight losing streak against a rising prospect with a chance to derail him...can you imagine Jon Jones early on going against the likes of Machida?

i picked Neer vs Story because both are similar in the WW ladder and it should be a great scrap

id rather give Barry someone with a name instead of 2 relatively unknowns

Easton vs Denis could be quite entertaining

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   1/23/12 5:27:15PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

I dont like the idea of putting Barry against another grappler so soon. Sure he showed improvement against Morecraft, but that doesn't mean hes ready for the elite ground gamers of the heavyweight division just yet. Barry is a banger so lets see him bang! Give em Mark Hunt or Brendan Schaub & let the fireworks begin

Barry vs Hunt would be awesome and IMO, it should be a co-main event if it was to take place.

Last edited 1/23/12 6:08PM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   1/23/12 6:07:41PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,458-907
Chips:
I'd like to see Barry fight a top 10 HW for a change - he's had more than his fair share of lower level fights. Smiling fan pics and antics or not, time for sink or swim IMO.

Guillard vs Clementi 2 - Something that Melvin would have a chance to win for sure (unless he gets submitted again) and he'd be motivated for sure.

I like Miller vs Diaz fight, but I think that they both could be a couple fights away from a title shot and should maybe get one more decent win each under their belts before one eliminates the other.

Story vs Neer - I worry that Story's bombs would end the fight quickly. Other than journeyman-level Ludwig, Neer hasn't beaten anyone noteworthy in a long while other than over-the-hill (no chin left) Yves Edwards. That being said, it is a logical fight to make that I wouldn't be pissed to see.

Post #9   1/23/12 7:25:05PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

I'd like to see Barry fight a top 10 HW for a change - he's had more than his fair share of lower level fights. Smiling fan pics and antics or not, time for sink or swim IMO.

Guillard vs Clementi 2 - Something that Melvin would have a chance to win for sure (unless he gets submitted again) and he'd be motivated for sure.

I like Miller vs Diaz fight, but I think that they both could be a couple fights away from a title shot and should maybe get one more decent win each under their belts before one eliminates the other.

Story vs Neer - I worry that Story's bombs would end the fight quickly. Other than journeyman-level Ludwig, Neer hasn't beaten anyone noteworthy in a long while other than over-the-hill (no chin left) Yves Edwards. That being said, it is a logical fight to make that I wouldn't be pissed to see.

Clementi is 3-5 in his last 8 fights...not quite the record you want someone to have in their return to the promotion. a fight better suited for him to win is against a guy like Shalorus

Barry doesnt deserve a top 10 opponent yet. i see your side of the coin but after another win then give him the swim test

there really isnt anyone now in line for a title fight after Bendo. Melendez maybe but chances are he will get a "warm up" fight against a respectable opponent (like Florian vs Nunez, Shields vs Kampmann). Cerrone may have been that guy but he just lost to Diaz. Guillard is no where near title talk anymore. Guida probably will move down to 145.

Neer ate some clean shots from Ludwig and survived. Story's TDD is a little questionable after the Brenneman fight (yes albeit against a better wrestler than Neer). Story is on a 2 fight losing streak so this fight most likely wont happen anyways

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   1/23/12 8:49:35PM