Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC on FX 1 BIGGEST WINNER AND LOSER!

Print  
Posted By Message

dotaaddict

Learning to Sprawl

dotaaddict Avatar

Career:605-472
Camp: MMA Tycoon
Chips:
My biggest winner would be Jim Miller. After a tough defeat, he comes back bravely and again facing a chance of getting a title shot.

My biggest loser was no other than Guillard: Men, he is already winning that fight. He just need to land more strikes and it will be over. Just bad luck!

Post #1   1/22/12 3:23:49AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
Biggest winner for me would also be Jim Miller, he beat a very tough Guillard in impressive fashion and the win puts him right back in the title picture.

Biggest loser for me would be Ludwig, it was a big fight for him, a co main event, a chance to make it 3 ufc wins in a row, and a win over Neer likely would give him another main card fight and potential top 10 opponent. But with the loss he likely goes back to the undrcards.

Post #2   1/22/12 3:52:09AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Biggest winner: Jim Miller
Biggest Loser: Me (For falling asleep in the middle of the Easton/Papazian fight and waking up 15 minutes after the event was over)

Post #3   1/22/12 11:11:50AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 33-43

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,344-866
Chips:
Winner: Pat HD Barry - With walking papers already stamped Barry was in dire need of a win last weekend. TWO full mounts & a nasty arm bar attempt had everyone waving goodbye to the shortest Heavyweight on the roster. Even Morecraft thought he had this match in the bag but one lunging shot with laser precision & BOOM!

Loser: Melvin Guillard - 2011 looked to be Melvins year. Then in walks J-Lau. Thats okay! A mere hiccup on his way to the belt? A win over Jim Miller would put him right back in the deep end of pool! But..... Irrelevant once again

Honorable Mention: Habib Nurmagomedov

Post #4   1/22/12 1:56:01PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by dotaaddict

My biggest winner would be Jim Miller. After a tough defeat, he comes back bravely and again facing a chance of getting a title shot.

My biggest loser was no other than Guillard: Men, he is already winning that fight. He just need to land more strikes and it will be over. Just bad luck!

Ehhh, I would call that bad gameplanning, not bad luck. He threw like 5 flying knees against a guy who needed to get the fight to the ground to win. That's nothing to do with luck.

Post #5   1/22/12 6:18:29PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,115-670
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by dotaaddict

Ehhh, I would call that bad gameplanning, not bad luck. He threw like 5 flying knees against a guy who needed to get the fight to the ground to win. That's nothing to do with luck.

I was smashed out my mind but yeah I agree I thought I was playing an Xbox and only throwing power moves

As for winner: Nick Denis, Blitzed that guy, I'll remember those elbows for months!

Loser: Kamal Shalorus, out wrested, out grappled, close on the feet, out toughed, out submitted, outclassed.

Last edited 1/22/12 6:28PM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #6   1/22/12 6:25:47PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
winner- miller
loser- melvin
got screwed the worst- eastman and papazian (i think thats his name) after putting on the FOTN performance and not getting the recognition. very irritating

Post #7   1/22/12 7:04:17PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Biggest winner has to be my dvr
With new schedule I missed the fights Friday night and will miss this coming sat
Gotta stay off the mma sites and watch the fights when.I get off work

Biggest loser has to melvin. You switch camps almost miss weight. And get subbed out again

Post #8   1/22/12 7:48:25PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Biggest winner is miller definitely after he looked on his way to a second straight loss and miraculously took melvins back.

Biggest loser is definitely is Guillard after having miller hurt bad he couldn't finish and still can't defend basic chokes to save his life!

Post #9   1/23/12 12:56:35PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by dotaaddict

Exactly what I thoguht I would pack my stuff immediately if I am Melvin and go back to Greg Jackson some of the worst ideas for a gameplan ever...Flying knees....Being flashy is not getting him wins...

This makes me worried for Evans...The last Blackzilian to fight....Doesnt bode well...Im not sold on this camp and I am leaning Phil Davis against rashad and I have always been a big Rashad fan...But based purely on what I have see so far...I wonder what this camp is really doing....Telling jokes or concentrating on opponents...I think jokes are top priority...

Post #10   1/23/12 1:58:17PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
big winner = Pat Barry. Miller submitting a guy whos been submitted many times already isnt all that unexpected. Barry had his UFC career on the line and showed a vast improvement in his sub defense and defensive grappling.

big loser = Guillard. reasons already mentioned. imo it wasnt total bad gameplanning, i think he was trying to time Miller shooting in but was either reading his movements wrong or wanted to be flashy

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   1/23/12 5:19:48PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,400-860
Chips:
Winner - Pat Barry - He's now free to lose again without getting insta-cut!

Loser - Guillard - He'd need like 4 wins in a row at this point to get a title shot which is no small feat in the UFC LW shark tank. Wasn't long ago peeps were talking about Guillard getting near a title. He's lightyears away now.

Post #12   1/23/12 7:06:52PM