Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sonnen: I don't think Silva will fight again

Print  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
Chael Sonnen believes a much-anticipated rematch against Anderson Silva will never happen.

In fact, he doesn’t think Silva -- the current UFC middleweight champion -- will fight again. Period.

During a pre-fight conference call Friday ahead of his meeting with Michael Bisping at the UFC on FOX 2 show on Jan. 28 in Chicago, Sonnen said he was done with the man he referred to as "cowardly."

"I guarantee you Anderson Silva and my paths will never cross in the cage again," Sonnen said. "I don’t think he will fight anybody.

"That’s my personal opinion. But it’s a fact that (he) turned down a fight with me four times."

Sonnen added that Silva even turned down the offer when it was presented to him in person by (UFC chairman) Lorenzo Fertitta.

link

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   1/20/12 3:26:10PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Wery interesting.

Post #2   1/20/12 3:40:01PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
What else is new? Whether you want to admit it or not, it's becoming increasingly more clear that Silva wants nothing to do with a Chael rematch. Similar to how it became more and more clear that gsp wanted nothing to do with a Silva superfight.

Post #3   1/20/12 3:54:05PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

What else is new? Whether you want to admit it or not, it's becoming increasingly more clear that Silva wants nothing to do with a Chael rematch. Similar to how it became more and more clear that gsp wanted nothing to do with a Silva superfight.

It seems that way, and you can chalk it up to whatever you want, but honestly nobody knows except for the fighters themselves why they're turning these fights down. That is unless there's a "Machida, Anderson Silva money complaint," that comes out.

Post #4   1/20/12 3:56:27PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I Picked Sonnen then to win and I would pick him again.

Post #5   1/20/12 5:32:48PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
is this more of Chael trying to get in Silva's head?

If Silva is simply trying to avoid a rematch with Chael because he thinks Chael can beat him then obviously that makes it that much more interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if it is all because of injuries or because he just can't stand Chael and doesn't want to allow him to get his way (rematch.) Either way I would really like to see the rematch happen while they are both still at the top.

Post #6   1/20/12 5:47:34PM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,894-1,182
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Silva beat him once he will do it again. Sonnen loses the title shot is caught cheating is suspended then wants a rematch? please, dude need to win a few fights before he gets another shot. IMO he should have to fight Maia before a title shot. i like how he has managed to get everyone to believe him

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #7   1/20/12 6:51:48PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Chips:
Sonnen is just trying to keep his name in the news.

He's become a "big name" fighter thanks to ONE impressive performance and a big mouth.

He's going to be exposed, and bad. After Silva destroys him he can go back to being a B level fighter that no-one talks about.

Post #8   1/20/12 8:11:08PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

He's become a "big name" fighter thanks to ONE impressive performance and a big mouth.

He's going to be exposed, and bad. After Silva destroys him he can go back to being a B level fighter that no-one talks about.

To his credit Marquardt and Okami are both scary opponents he dominated. Only problem is he was TRT approved for those and he could well have had grizzly testosterone for those.

Post #9   1/20/12 10:48:30PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Chips:
We are gonna hear this for the next 6 months.again
Silva already beat you. Winning is.winning

Post #10   1/21/12 12:55:16AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Whether he loses to Anderson again or not, he is is not a B level fighter. Period.

Post #11   1/21/12 6:08:15AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,724-935
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Sonnen defeated Marquardt when Marquardt was the #2 MW in the world and in line for a rematch against Silva.

Sonnen defeated Okami when Okami was the #2 MW in the world and in line for a rematch against Silva.

Sonnen defeated Filho when Filho was the #2 MW in the world, some argued #1, and everybody clamored for a fight between Silva and him.

He's definitely not a B-level fighter. And his mouth will never make him forgotten.

At this point, I would say Silva fights once more. I might pick against him when he returns from his injury, merely because I think his book is closed.

Post #12   1/21/12 7:42:01AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,239-734
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

IMO he should have to fight Maia before a title shot.

I agree. He still has that loss to avenge first.

Dirty Blue

Post #13   1/21/12 7:47:22AM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
Silva doesnt want the fight with Chael, thats obvious. I wouldnt want to fight Chael again if I was Anderson. Anderson is the greatest of all time but Chael would give him hell again. Anderson doesnt feel he should be forced to fight Chael again

Post #14   1/22/12 10:33:43AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Posted by bjj1605

Sonnen defeated Marquardt when Marquardt was the #2 MW in the world and in line for a rematch against Silva.

Sonnen defeated Okami when Okami was the #2 MW in the world and in line for a rematch against Silva.

Sonnen defeated Filho when Filho was the #2 MW in the world, some argued #1, and everybody clamored for a fight between Silva and him.

He's definitely not a B-level fighter. And his mouth will never make him forgotten.

At this point, I would say Silva fights once more. I might pick against him when he returns from his injury, merely because I think his book is closed.

Sonnen road out a decision against Okami.

Silva absolutely destroyed Okami.

Sonnen (who was arguable abusing testosterone at the time) won a very close fight against Marquardt in which he basically laid and prayed for 3 rounds before getting blitzed in the end.

Other than that he's had an up and down career. He's lost over and over and over again by submission.

Also, those two wins (Marquardt and Okami) didn't convince anyone that he had a chance against Silva. Back in the day I was the one telling people that he'd be a good style match-up for Anderson.

No body touted those two wins until AFTER the fight with Silva. A fight he lost. As much as Chael Sonnen and Chael__Sonnen wish that they could say Anderson didn't win that fight, Chael tapped. Period. End of story.

If the fight again Silva will beat him again. After that I suspect that there are a whole bunch of people at MW who can beat Chael (Palhares, Munoz, Maia.) Once he starts losing fights again all of the fair weather MMA fans will be saying that he sucks and was never that good to begin with.

Post #15   1/22/12 7:19:44PM