Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage Verbally Agreed for UFC 145 in Atlanta

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by FR33B1RD

Posted by gartface

Didn't he just get tooled by Pat Healey on short notice?

So is Brimage is as good as Healey? and doesnt taking a fight on short notice help someones case for a loss, not to reinforce personal disdain? I'm not saying its not a good matchup here but I dont know that you thought that statement through.

I thought the statement through. I never said that Brimage was as good as Healey, and never said Brimage would beat Blanco. The point I was trying to make is that Blanco gets drooled over on this site like he's a world beater, when in actuality, he got whipped by a journeyman in Healey.

As for the short notice, I think that can go either way. I still tend to think that the fighter who was originally slated to take that fight has the advantage due to physical preparation. The game plan may or may not be thrown out the window, but the shape the fighter is in is definitely a factor in the fight.

Post #16   1/20/12 8:23:51AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2