Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sean McCorkle Thinks MMA Should Do Away With Drug Testing

Print  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
UFC fighter Sean McCorkle, who has always been known for his blunt honesty, has another idea, though. If it were up to him, McCorkle would level the playing field by doing away with drug testing completely.

"What you end up with is a situation of where the guys who are beating the test, where the guys who can afford to get a doctor to prescribe whatever they want, where the guys who have access to stuff, they have an unfair advantage already," he said on Tuesday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I think we'd be pretty naive to think that every person who's ever taken anything was caught. So I think, to me, in all professional sports, I say, let guys do whatever they want to do and be done with it. I don't think anybody's going to make or break their career based on steroids unless you're talking about longevity, because to my understanding, the majority of them are used for recovery from injury."

"There's stuff at [nutrition store] GNC that will make you pee hot for a PED, and it's not necessarily something that's going to enhance your performance at all," he said. "It's just something that's banned."

link

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   1/17/12 6:07:12PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

"There's stuff at GNC that will make you pee hot for a PED, and it's not necessarily something that's going to enhance your performance at all," he said. "It's just something that's banned."

I'm glad an MMA fighter said it, not that he'd be considered an expert on the subject, but it's true. Generally in the form of a prodrug that metabolizes into the known PED so the person using the product really doesn't know even if they check the full list of what's in it.

Post #2   1/17/12 6:11:57PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Should we take advice from a guy that calls himself "big sexy"?

Post #3   1/17/12 6:39:57PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Every time.

Post #4   1/17/12 6:40:26PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
do ppl forget it against the law to take roids without a Doctors approval?????? so what if a sport allows it, which in turn kills the entire credibility of the sport, it si still against the law and you can go to jail!!!

Last edited 1/17/12 6:58PM server time by manak
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   1/17/12 6:57:35PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:

Posted by Manak

do ppl forget it against the law to take roids without a Doctors approval?????? so what if a sport allows it, which in turn kills the entire credibility of the sport, it si still against the law and you can go to jail!!!

It's against the law to have sex with paper in Wisconsin but that doesn't stop me...

Post #6   1/17/12 6:59:04PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Every time.

Post #7   1/17/12 7:06:37PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The problem with society's take on PED's in sports is that people REALLY think all PED's are steroids or even that all PED's are illegal by law.

It's unfortunately the majority of people, but this is exactly the huge problem with lack of knowledge on the subject by media, fans, etc.

Caffeine is a PED under some AC's FFS. They're not arresting everyone who walks out of a Starbucks for trying to Chai Tea their way to massive muscles.

PED does not = roid.

Last edited 1/17/12 7:28PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #8   1/17/12 7:09:00PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Manak

It's against the law to have sex with paper in Wisconsin but that doesn't stop me...

Post #9   1/17/12 7:09:33PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Manak

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   1/17/12 7:23:46PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
although i still think PED's are wrong, i do think he's kinda right. its gotten to that point were so many athletes are abusing these things that its nearly impossible to regulate all of them. in a perfect world all professional athletes would never think to touch steroids but its far from that. i think they should be used for injury recovery but theres no way it would stop there.

Post #11   1/17/12 7:59:23PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
Under no circumstance should MMA do away with drug testing. I think it would totally ruin the sport. Does anyone have any integrity anymore?

Post #12   1/17/12 10:48:13PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Under no circumstance should MMA do away with drug testing. I think it would totally ruin the sport. Does anyone have any integrity anymore?

How is having Bigger faster and stronger athletes going to ruin a sport? Didn't they save baseball? Everyone loved watching Homerun derby everynight. It wasn't until the media and I suppose law enforcment decided to come down on it that the public was in a uproar. Truth be told Roids and PEDs when used correctly are a good thing that helps to keep athletes in the gym longer and helps them preform better. Most important it helps the to recover from injuries. I encourage everyone to watch Bigger Sronger Faster.

Post #13   1/18/12 9:39:28AM