Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Aldo vs......

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
aldo vs anyone at 145

give me aldo!

this aint no hype train!

Post #16   1/16/12 2:22:34AM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,499-922
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

It's like trying to find out who can beat a smaller Anderson Silva. Outgrappler him like Chael tried to do.

That didn't work as he faced a strong grappler in Mendes.

The way I see it, it's more like trying to beat a smaller Anderson Silva with Chuck Liddell's take down defense and uncanny ability to pop right back up when taken down.

Post #17   1/16/12 4:14:09AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Chips:
I've come to accept that although I dislike both of them I can accept Jones and Aldo won't be beaten by anyone other than myself it all depends on whether I wanna drop to 145 or go up to 205

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #18   1/16/12 8:14:34AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

If Edgar loses to henderson
I could see him dropping down to.face aldo

Lmao that aint happening....Just casue Henderson out wrestled Miller he aint seen a guy ever with standup boxing like Edgar...Henderson will not like this fight...

Post #19   1/16/12 11:09:07AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Well I admit I want Aldo to lose but I would be satisfied with good refereeing...

When Aldo grabbed the fence he should of had a point deduction...It stopped Mendes from a possible scoring situation and so should of been dealt with accordingly...

Even if I like a fighter I see this I think an immediate point should be taken..

This time it was very clear the grab helped him...

Post #20   1/16/12 11:11:54AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,903-1,083
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Well I admit I want Aldo to lose but I would be satisfied with good refereeing...

When Aldo grabbed the fence he should of had a point deduction...It stopped Mendes from a possible scoring situation and so should of been dealt with accordingly...

Even if I like a fighter I see this I think an immediate point should be taken..

This time it was very clear the grab helped him...

I'd be fine with a point deduction, if that is the standard that everyone is held to. Most times the first time someone grabs the cage it is a warning. Even if Yamasaki had seen the fence grab, deducting a point would have been like DQing Erick Silva or deducting a point from Lesnar against Mir. . . a vast deviation from what is the norm.

Besides, even if they had deducted a point, the result would have been the same. A KO is a KO, no matter what the score was.

Post #21   1/16/12 1:05:05PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Posted by kingsmasher

When Aldo grabbed the fence he should of had a point deduction..

Besides, even if they had deducted a point, the result would have been the same.

Except, Mendes would've been up 0 to -1 on the scorecards at the time of the KO.

Post #22   1/16/12 2:17:37PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,903-1,083
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by ncordless

Posted by kingsmasher

Besides, even if they had deducted a point, the result would have been the same.

Except, Mendes would've been up 0 to -1 on the scorecards at the time of the KO.

True. They should have DQed Aldo. Would have served him right for not finishing Kenny Florian like everyone else has. He is such a fake, overrated cheater.

Seriously, how can people not like Aldo? His fights are usually amazing and he's got an awesome background story.

He grabbed the fence while getting taken down. Whether instinctual or intentional, it was a foul that didn't get called. Usually when it does get called, it is a warning. Did it change the outcome of the fight? It was evident pretty early on in that fight that Mendes was living on borrowed time. He couldn't check the leg kicks, was getting stuffed hard on the takedown, and had eaten an uppercut and a hard body shot. Maybe there is some butterfly effect where either a point is deducted and swings the momentum or Aldo doesn't grab the cage and gets taken down, thereby changing everything. Maybe. And maybe me writing this post causes a small child in Papua New Guinea to exhale, which, when amplified through their table fan, causes a wind that gains strength as it travels over the pacific ocean, eventually becoming a hurricane which travels up the river and kills me dead with a swordfish to the face.

Post #23   1/16/12 3:21:07PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Kpro

Posted by ncordless

Posted by kingsmasher

True. They should have DQed Aldo. Would have served him right for not finishing Kenny Florian like everyone else has. He is such a fake, overrated cheater.

Seriously, how can people not like Aldo? His fights are usually amazing and he's got an awesome background story.

He grabbed the fence while getting taken down. Whether instinctual or intentional, it was a foul that didn't get called. Usually when it does get called, it is a warning. Did it change the outcome of the fight? It was evident pretty early on in that fight that Mendes was living on borrowed time. He couldn't check the leg kicks, was getting stuffed hard on the takedown, and had eaten an uppercut and a hard body shot. Maybe there is some butterfly effect where either a point is deducted and swings the momentum or Aldo doesn't grab the cage and gets taken down, thereby changing everything. Maybe. And maybe me writing this post causes a small child in Papua New Guinea to exhale, which, when amplified through their table fan, causes a wind that gains strength as it travels over the pacific ocean, eventually becoming a hurricane which travels up the river and kills me dead with a swordfish to the face.

Butterfly Effect huh, interesting stuff

Post #24   1/16/12 4:24:40PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Nobody is going too, the only other options are bart, hioki, and the Korean zombie but all will fall.

Time for 155.

Post #25   1/16/12 4:52:23PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,091-851
Chips:
no one is unbeatable forever. Sooner or later he will lose ....well maybe not but still. i doubt the person who will beat him is around yet.

Post #26   1/16/12 6:53:58PM   

sonicsmokesweed

MMA Regular

sonicsmokesweed Avatar

Career:1,027-667
Chips:
I don't see anyone taking him out at that weight. I would like to see Hominick vs Florian. To see who would have the best chance of getting another shot at him.

Post #27   1/16/12 10:05:28PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Chips:
Edgar and Edgar alone. No one else is good enough at the right combination of skills.

I think the guy to beat Aldo is a wrestler who strikes phenomenally. You get Aldo to train for wrestling and then you try to strike with him. Attack the muscle groups he's not prepared for.

No one else can pull that tactic off.

Post #28   1/17/12 5:48:20PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2