Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

3 Breaks in 1 round?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Again, refer to post #17 in this thread for a response to the sentence you continue quoting where I mention it is tongue-in-cheek and then offer a full breakdown and opinion on the fight.

I simply tried to keep you from crossing a forum rule line to keep you ON the site, the polar opposite of a ban threat which you mistakenly said I had done before. It's cool, everyone makes mistakes. I don't think there's anything left to discuss.

Last edited 1/15/12 6:13PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #31   1/15/12 5:33:06PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

He was clearly fatigued as I expected from not having a day off from weight cutting
posted by 40ouncetpkid

When did this happen? He wasn't cutting weight for most of those 2 days

So, who does cut weight all day? Cutting weight period takes a toll on your body. Not to mention having to so it the extra day.

Definitely some fishy stuff. You could tell they had every intention of making sure Johnson didn't get a rest. Like I said before it wasn't absolutely ridiculous but in any other fight it wouldn't have been stood up that quick.

Post #32   1/16/12 4:49:13PM   

TheBlackChip

MMA Regular

TheBlackChip Avatar

Career:775-367
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I've heard that there is an official rule that says when a fighter misses a weight by a certain amount the ref is supposed to stand them up within 10 seconds of relative inactivity. That could be what the rule is all the time and it's just not enforced, but clearly Miragliotta was following the stand-up rule to a T, and was not about to let Johnson lay there.

Post #33   1/17/12 3:17:19AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3