Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jacob Volkmann isn’t Changing Who He is for Anybody, Even President Obama

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Since making the move to 155 pounds, Minnesota’s own Jacob Volkmann has been a perfect 5-0, but the attention on him lately hasn’t come as much from fighting as it has from politics.

The outspoken Volkmann made it on the national spotlight after he commented that he’d like to fight President Barack Obama after a win in early 2011, and he’s continued to voice his opinions against the Democrat ever since.

His latest was after a win at UFC 141 over Efrain Escudero when Volkmann made a joke when speaking with UFC commentator Joe Rogan, and the result was much the same after his original comments about the president.

Volkmann was suspended from his job as a wrestling coach at White Bear Lake high school for a second time after his comments at UFC 141. According to the UFC lightweight, he will once again fight to get his job back because unfortunately the facts surrounding the situation were incorrect and he plans on rectifying the matter.

“Yeah, it kind of irritated me cause the whole thing, a person had called in and complained about what I said, but the thing is the HR lady (at the school) she got her info from Yahoo and Fox 9, which is not even close to correct. They twisted it around to make the story a little better. I never said that Obama needed a glassectomy, I said call me so he can schedule a glassectomy. I never said it was for him. You can take out of the interview what you want, but that’s not what I said,” Volkmann told MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday.

“Plus they said I wanted to rip his arm off, and I never said that. I said I wanted to rip it, it’s a technical term for when you roll hard and you try to submit them. Like a technical term for ‘ripping’ an armbar or a Kimura, cause if they’re resisting, you have to rip it. You can’t rip someone’s arm off, that’s impossible.”

LINK

Post #1   1/10/12 6:17:05PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
“Whether it makes them hate me or like me, at least they know me.”

Exactly. He's just doing what guys like Sonnen and Koscheck do, just in his own way. Like he said in the interview, guys use those thirty seconds to thrash talk or thank their sponsors, he wants to do it in his own way and he just happens to use political overtones. I don't necessarily like the guy, but I don't dislike him either.

Post #2   1/10/12 6:20:55PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Team CHAEL fully endorses Jacob Volkmann

Post #3   1/10/12 6:48:44PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
keep em' coming volkmann.

Post #4   1/10/12 8:23:23PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I don't mind if someone talks trash. I just hope he now knows what the boundaries are...for his own sake.

Post #5   1/10/12 8:51:46PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Thank God for 'mute'.

Post #6   1/10/12 8:58:25PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:575-373
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Volkmann has every right to say what he wants to say, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Post #7   1/11/12 12:30:14AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
His rationale for attempting to keep his job is just plain stupid. He insinuated everything that he denies, whether he wants to think it or not. I don't care what you say, but at least commit to it and roll with the punches. If he didn't want to risk his job (at a high school, I mean come on), he should have kept his political opinions to himself in a public capacity.

"...hey can’t kick me out for coaching for saying what I want in a different job that’s not even related to the school. I don’t know why they’re having such a hard problem with that fact.”

Um, except they can take your job away, especially if you're not part of a union. He is naive if he really believes this.

Last edited 1/11/12 10:36AM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   1/11/12 10:33:12AM