Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gray Maynard Gives High Praise to Jose Aldo

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,771-1,522
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
By the time he's done in Brazil, Gray Maynard will have spent a little more than three weeks helping Jose Aldo, the UFC featherweight champion, prepare for his next title defense against Chad Mendes at UFC 142 on Jan. 14.

And while it seems like a no-brainer for Aldo to train with Maynard for this fight, considering Maynard is built very much like Mendes, the idea was actually Maynard's, not the champ's.

"I've talked to him backstage at the UFC's and [the UFC 136] press conference in Houston," Maynard told MMAFighting.com recently. "[He] really seemed like a humble, nice guy. So, I wanted to reach out to him to help."

Maynard has trained with some of the best fighters in the world at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, and more recently at the American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose, Calif., but he believes Aldo may top them all

Link

Post #1   1/10/12 10:08:07AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Gray needs to lessen up his grip on JO-ZAY'S sack.

Post #2   1/10/12 11:12:31AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:499-337
Camp: Icemen
Chips:
It's guys like Maynard that help the sport grow, to reach out and help another fighter is what i like to see, like when Randy taught Brock a few things after they fought, or recently Davis helping Gustafsson out after they fought, it's a classy thing to do, and Maynard can sure teach Aldo a few things in regards to wrestling.

Post #3   1/10/12 11:19:26AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Gray needs to lessen up his grip on JO-ZAY'S sack.

Ahhh, the irony...

Post #4   1/10/12 11:20:00AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Lesnar1

It's guys like Maynard that help the sport grow, to reach out and help another fighter is what i like to see, like when Randy taught Brock a few things after they fought, or recently Davis helping Gustafsson out after they fought, it's a classy thing to do, and Maynard can sure teach Aldo a few things in regards to wrestling.

Why help him now I want Jose "St Pierre" to lose...Hes the next GSP playing it safe...

Post #5   1/10/12 2:59:28PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Lesnar1

Why help him now I want Jose "St Pierre" to lose...Hes the next GSP playing it safe...

You never fail to write something arbitrary and stupid

Post #6   1/10/12 4:44:01PM