Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 142's Sam Stout doubtful that Thiago Tavares will trade punches

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sam Stout now finds his own openings.

Five months after the untimely death of his trainer and brother-in-law, Shawn Tompkins, the 27-year-old fighter listens to several voices as he engages a sparring partner.

Before, he had to rely on only one.

"As much as I wish he was here every day, it's been a good camp," Stout recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I've really found a strength inside myself to be a little more self-motivated and be a little more independent, as opposed to relying on Shawn to tell me what to do."

Stout (17-6-1 MMA, 6-4 UFC) plans to bring longtime teammate Mark Hominick and a jiu-jitsu coach to his fight with Thiago Tavares (16-4-1 MMA, 6-4-1 UFC) at UFC 142, which takes place Saturday at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro. The main card airs on pay-per-view, and the prelims, including Stout's bout, air on FX.

LINK

Post #1   1/9/12 8:35:20PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Post #2   1/9/12 11:25:06PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It's a great idea for Stout to work on tdd and sub d, but I am expecting Tavares to trade with him. His stand up is very good, he just gets caught and dropped a bit easier than most. I hope he keeps it standing though, because it should be a very exciting match.

Post #3   1/10/12 1:35:02PM