Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Emelianenko possible as Strikeforce's 'plus-one' heavyweight for new champ

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,908-1,660
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Soon, the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix will come to a conclusion, and the entire division then will be sent to the UFC.

But first, the tournament champion – either Josh Barnett or Daniel Cormier – will get one more Strikeforce fight against an opponent to be determined.

While Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said some of those options were eliminated when the UFC gobbled up a handful of Strikeforce fighters for upcoming cards, one famous Russian remains a possibility.

Following Saturday's "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine" event in Las Vegas, Coker discussed the upcoming conclusion of the heavyweight tournament and the possible return of eliminated tourney fighter Fedor Emelianenko. The eight-man tournament began nearly a year ago, and if Cormier's hand is healed in time, it could conclude at a March event in Ohio.

"I'd like to get the tournament done," Coker said. "We started this in February (of 2010). I was hoping at most it'd take us a year. ... But we'll get it done."

LINK

Post #1   1/8/12 3:00:03PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Barney vs Fedor would be nice. Or even DC vs Fedor would be nice.

Post #2   1/8/12 3:05:24PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:524-367
Chips:
i think fedors time is up. i have as much desire to watch crocop as i do fedor. neither are relevent in the HW div anymore. fedor doesnt belong with the new generation of HW's

Post #3   1/8/12 4:08:00PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,583-1,321
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i think fedors time is up. i have as much desire to watch crocop as i do fedor. neither are relevent in the HW div anymore. fedor doesnt belong with the new generation of HW's

I'd take him over top 15-20 guys like Kongo, Schaub, Konrad, and Strikeforce isn't going to have a stacked with top 20 fighters HW division when all is said and done. I think he'd fit in well there as long as he didn't command Fedor circa 09 money. He'd immediately be a top 5 Strikeforce HW.

Last edited 1/8/12 4:18PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   1/8/12 4:15:54PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,526-889
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'd gladly watch Fedor vs Cormeir or Barnett. Fedor isn't at the top of the HW food chain anymore,but that doesn't mean i've lost interest in watching him fight either.

Post #5   1/8/12 4:53:03PM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:1,436-847
Chips:
Ill watch him fight, he is agressive and the fights are always good

Post #6   1/8/12 5:46:02PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,850-1,567
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by calitrees

Ill watch him fight, he is agressive and the fights are always good

Sort of my thoughts. Fedor always puts on outstanding fights. Someone gets beat a couple times all of a sudden there no good and no one wants to watch them fight. Lets get serious win or lose Ill always want to watch him fight!!

Post #7   1/8/12 8:12:50PM   

KoldKhaos

MMA Regular

Career:195-151
Chips:
in fairness lets just say this is true, and Fedor does face JB or DC.... IF he beats either, how much leverage will that give him going back to the fedor sweepstakes? He smashed Monson and Ishii which was a gimmie but nonetheless JB and DC are both top 10 or very near top 10 and a win over either puts Fedor right back in the driver seat of his career, especially if he beats JB.

But I always said id pick Barnett over Fedor and that holds true today as it did back then.

Post #8   1/8/12 11:26:47PM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:1,436-847
Chips:
Fedor beats Barnett's pasty ass but Cormier gives him more more of a threat with his wrestling(and no im not forgetting Barnett is a wrestler)

Post #9   1/9/12 4:00:01PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by tcunningham

I'd take him over top 15-20 guys like Kongo, Schaub, Konrad, and Strikeforce isn't going to have a stacked with top 20 fighters HW division when all is said and done. I think he'd fit in well there as long as he didn't command Fedor circa 09 money. He'd immediately be a top 5 Strikeforce HW.

A great exciting HW who cant pretend to be god anymore. A great leading man if I get this right. Cant pull up article.

To clarify on Kongo I think he would 30 27 Fedor any day of the week.

Post #10   1/9/12 5:19:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Kpro

Posted by tcunningham

A great exciting HW who cant pretend to be god anymore. A great leading man if I get this right. Cant pull up article.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   1/11/12 1:11:36PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Kpro

Posted by tcunningham

Clinching and knees to the balls, he's strong.

Post #12   1/11/12 10:35:25PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Fedor's career has been one incredible journey - not only for him but for his fans and his critics as well.

As a fan, it would be emotionally uplifting if Fedor receives this opportunity and comes through as the next Strike Force HW Champ. >>> And I can go back to my "Good Ship" thread and say it one more time - "The Last Emperor puts up its sails in the nick of time and sails on to safety- one last time."

Post #13   1/11/12 11:08:28PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
i'd love to see Fedor fight any of those guys. I just enjoy watching Fedor fight. He always fights hard....

Post #14   1/12/12 1:15:44PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,073-1,215
Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

i'd love to see Fedor fight any of those guys. I just enjoy watching Fedor fight. He always fights hard....

There's still a few fights I wanna see with Fedor. Him vs Barnett and Kharitonov are a few that come to mind

Post #15   1/12/12 4:08:20PM