Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce ‘Rockhold vs. Jardine’ Results and Play-by-Play

Print  
Posted By Message

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,023-594
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Strikeforce-Rockhold-vs-Jardine-Results-and-Play-by-Play-38781

Somewhat self explanatory

Last edited 1/8/12 12:10PM server time by airkerma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/8/12 12:09:31PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,023-594
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I've always been a fan of the Dean, but I hope he hangs 'em up. That was a brutal beat down

Post #2   1/8/12 12:11:33PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Agreed. In theory it's never too late to learn with the proper time and motivation, but Jardine's always kept his hands down. It worked when he was fighting middle-tier talent and when folks hadn't figured him out yet. Unfortunately, he's been fighting guys with legit speed and power for a few years now, and he's generally gotten ruined.

It was a good fight for Rockhold, as it gives him more cage time against a known fighter and helps build his marketability as well. He's a talented, hardworking athlete with the capacity to finish and the looks to be the face of a division. He still drops his hands too often for me to love, but he's young enough to shore that up and (as he showed especially in the Jacare fight) his chin should keep him up in most firefights.

Personally I think a solid UFC introduction fight for him would be against Alan Belcher or Michael Bisping - enough to appropriately challenge without sending him to the lions (like Anderson Silva).

Last edited 1/8/12 1:37PM server time by isk
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #3   1/8/12 1:36:17PM