Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ohio commission receives request for March 3 Strikeforce event in Columbus

Print  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,479-1,275
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Although not yet announced by the promotion, Strikeforce's second trip to the popular Arnold Sports Festival is all but official.

Ohio Athletic Commission Executive Director Bernie Profato today confirmed to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the promotion has filed an event request for March 3 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

While a list of bouts has yet to be submitted for commission approval, the event is expected to feature the finals of the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix, as MMAjunkie.com first reported.

Josh Barnett (31-5 MMA, 2-0 SF) and Daniel Cormier (9-0 MMA, 6-0 SF) square off in the conclusion of the eight-man competition, which began 11 months ago at IZOD Center in East Rutherford, N.J.

Additionally, featherweight Ronda Rousey (4-0 MMA, 2-0 SF) is expected to drop to bantamweight for a meeting with current champ Miesha Tate (12-2 MMA, 5-1 SF), who makes the first defense of her title.

LINK

Post #1   1/7/12 9:08:02AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Only a 2 hour drive.

I'd like to see the rest of the card and ticket prices before deciding if its worth it.

Post #2   1/7/12 9:40:25AM