Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Former UFC fighter Hermes Franca sentenced to 42 months in prison for sexual abuse of underaged student

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:938-531
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
A former Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight title contender has been sentenced to more than three years in prison after being convicted this week of sexually abusing an underage female student at his Clackamas martial arts school.

Hermes Franca Barros, 37, pleaded guilty in Clackamas County Court on Wednesday to one count of unlawful penetration and one count of first-degree sexual abuse. He was sentenced to 3½ years in prison.

He was arraigned in May on seven counts of first-degree sexual abuse and two counts of second-degree unlawful sexual penetration. The remaining counts were dismissed.

Barros will also have four and a half years of post-prison supervision and must register as a sex offender.

LINK

Post #1   1/6/12 9:44:01PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
May Hermes be unlawfully penetrated numerous times while he's away in prison. Fuckin scumbag.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   1/6/12 10:11:45PM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
Good job you purple haired idiot. I hope the brothers ride a train on your ass.

But I do hope this wasnt some school girl who thought it was cool to boned by a UFC fighter, And when shit hit the fan, She yelled RAPE. I know ZERO facts, but this stuff has happened before.

Post #3   1/6/12 10:59:45PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I don't feel bad anymore for Franca being screwed in a fight by a non-sanctioned event/promoter a few years ago.

Post #4   1/6/12 11:45:43PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Wow guys, maybe you should wait for the facts to come out before crying for the man to be raped in prison.

Post #5   1/6/12 11:46:13PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:

Posted by MiniMan

Good job you purple haired idiot. I hope the brothers ride a train on your ass.

But I do hope this wasnt some school girl who thought it was cool to boned by a UFC fighter, And when shit hit the fan, She yelled RAPE. I know ZERO facts, but this stuff has happened before.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened... But Franca should have known better.

Post #6   1/6/12 11:46:46PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Wow guys, maybe you should wait for the facts to come out before crying for the man to be raped in prison.

I'm not sure many more facts will come out considering he's already been convicted *and* sentenced.

Post #7   1/6/12 11:50:59PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by warglory

I'm not sure many more facts will come out considering he's already been convicted *and* sentenced.

What I mean is, do we know the age of the girl and whether or not it was consensual? I'm not condoning his behavior, but there's a huge difference in actually sexually abusing a minor, and having sex with a 17 year old. We don't know how old the victim was or the circumstances behind the conviction.

Last edited 1/6/12 11:54PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #8   1/6/12 11:53:54PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Well, usually when a person agrees to a plea bargain, it is usually because he or she is guilty. Would you agree to a plea bargain if you never committed the crime? There are some sensitive civil and abuse/harassment cases where the defendant may choose to plead guilty to avoid a heftier punishment but I doubt this is the case.

This is a serious charge and if Franca did not commit the crime, there should be no reason for him to plead guilty. My gut tells me he got off easy.

Post #9   1/6/12 11:54:36PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by warglory

but there's a huge difference in actually sexually abusing a minor, and having sex with a 17 year old.

I suppose that's all a matter of opinion.

And in my opinion, a 37 year old having sex with a 17-year old is downright disgusting.

Post #10   1/7/12 12:07:44AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
"Drinking, women, parties, all part of a lifestyle that has led to my failing as a husband, a father, a dreamer," he wrote. "I am now a man with very little freedom."

you mean "drinking, UNDER AGE-woman, parties, all part of a lifestyle that has led to my failing as a husband, a father, a dreamer,"

fuck this guy, even if it was consensual he still should know, as a grown-ass man, that its wrong to have sex with a 17 year old. and only getting 3.5 years? wtf man, sexual crimes should be a mandatory 10+ year sentence.

Post #11   1/7/12 12:29:25AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,026-1,730
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by warglory

but there's a huge difference in actually sexually abusing a minor, and having sex with a 17 year old.

I suppose that's all a matter of opinion.

And in my opinion, a 37 year old having sex with a 17-year old is downright disgusting.

I have to agree here. There is 0 excuse for this. The guy is scum no matter what the circumstance is.

Post #12   1/7/12 12:32:20AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,147-887
Chips:
In the majority of states, the age of consent is either 16 or 17; however, the age of consent in Oregon is 18 years. Under Oregon law, a person is considered incapable of consenting to a sexual act if the person is:

(a) Under 18 years of age; or

(b) Mentally defective; or

(c) Mentally incapacitated; or

(d) Physically helpless.

ORS 163.408 Unlawful sexual penetration in the second degree. A person commits the crime of unlawful sexual penetration in the second degree if the person penetrates the vagina, anus or penis of another with any object other than the penis or mouth of the actor and the victim is under 14 years of age. Class B Felony and a Ballot Measure 11 Offense. Sentence usually involves a significant prison sentence.

ORS 163.411 Unlawful sexual penetration in the first degree. A person commits the crime of unlawful sexual penetration in the first degree if the person penetrates the vagina, anus or penis of another with any object other than the penis or mouth of the actor and:

(a) The victim is subjected to forcible compulsion; or

(b) The victim is under 12 years of age; or

(c) The victim is incapable of consent by reason of mental defect, mental incapacitation or physical helplessness.

Unlawful sexual penetration in the first degree is a Class A felony and a Ballot Measure 11 Offense. Sentence can range from 100 to 300 months in prison.

ORS 163.427 Sexual abuse in the first degree. A person commits the crime of sexual abuse in the first degree when that person:

(a) Subjects another person to sexual contact and:

(A) The victim is less than 14 years of age; or

(B) The victim is subjected to forcible compulsion by the actor; or

(C) The victim is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally defective, mentally incapacitated or physically helpless; or

(b) Intentionally causes a person under 18 years of age to touch or contact the mouth, anus or sex organs of an animal for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of a person.

Sexual abuse in the first degree is a Class B felony and a Ballot Measure 11 Offense. Sentence usually results in a significant prison sentence.

--------------------------------------------------------
from what i get here he had sexual contact with someone under the age of 14, or something i dunno....pretty messed up though.

Post #13   1/7/12 12:43:08AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Instant castration!

Post #14   1/7/12 12:44:02AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:624-413
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
It's a despicable act by Hermes, no excuses can be made for it, he deserves more than 3 & 1/2 years but oh well, hopefully he learns his lesson while inside.

Post #15   1/7/12 1:20:28AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3