Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Matt Serra: Georges St. Pierre “Drew First Blood"

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, who’s long been considered one of the most respected fighters in mixed-martial arts, has finally landed a real and vocal enemy.

Link

Last edited 1/8/08 5:08PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/16/07 10:52:35PM   

icemansakuraba

Learning to Sprawl

icemansakuraba Avatar

Career:1,521-1,041
Camp: TKO
Chips:
george is crazy he needs to admits that he loss to a better man that night.
The only thing that I like of george is that he beat matt hughes.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #2   5/17/07 12:31:35AM   

-Virus-

MMA Regular

-Virus- Avatar

Career:90-56
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Thanks for the article man.

Post #3   5/17/07 8:39:05AM   

jokerlpub

Learning to Sprawl

Career:37-23
Camp: spartantraining
Chips:
Thanks for the link, i like GSP, ive not seen much of serra beside when he won the tittle, but on the night the better man won.

Post #4   5/17/07 8:44:55AM   

Chec22

MMA Regular

Chec22 Avatar

Career:299-236
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
This sounds like people trying to get a grudge going to build up interest in a rematch. To take offense at such a lame comment sounds petty. GSP didnt call him a wimp or his mother a tramp , he said he didnt take him seriously. Look back to the post fight interviews and GSP says that and says Serra deserved to win. Chalk this up to hype = big payday. Just my opinion of course.

Post #5   5/17/07 9:12:42AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by Chec22

This sounds like people trying to get a grudge going to build up interest in a rematch. To take offense at such a lame comment sounds petty. GSP didnt call him a wimp or his mother a tramp , he said he didnt take him seriously. Look back to the post fight interviews and GSP says that and says Serra deserved to win. Chalk this up to hype = big payday. Just my opinion of course.

Good point. I have said many things regarding this in a discussion in the UFC /Pride forum.

Here

Post #6   5/17/07 9:21:06AM   

monkeybonez

Learning to Sprawl

monkeybonez Avatar

Career:263-169
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by Chec22

Good point. I have said many things regarding this in a discussion in the UFC /Pride forum.

Here

Interesting theory...but a rematch is so far away at this point, that it doesn't make sense. Hughes will most likely take the belt, which would mean Hughes vs GSP III. I think that he is just speaking the truth. He's been holding it in for a long time now, and it is finally coming out. I don't think he means it as disrespect, but I definately can see how it comes across that way.

Post #7   5/17/07 2:59:14PM   

fightdavejordan

MMA Regular

fightdavejordan Avatar

Career:208-139
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:
gsp got his ass kick fare and sqare serra is a bad mother f**k*r
so any body that has a proble deal with it

Post #8   5/17/07 9:19:42PM   

Rocksright

Learning to Sprawl

Rocksright Avatar

Career:74-43
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
Serra is weak, He reminds of an Karate Instructuor, I use to have..looking like a fraggle and everything- Except my instructor wasnt so cocky, the problem here is Serra doesnt have a reason to be cocky, he truly got lucky, GSP choked on that title fight and truth betold who ever wins between Matt and GSP, will destroy Serra, no quesions asked. I dont think Serra can take a punch and I know Serra is and will be a has-been.

Sorry, My opinion

Check back with me in several months once Serra is no longer champ....

Post #9   11/27/07 4:23:35PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,941-1,082
Chips:

Posted by icemansakuraba

george is crazy he needs to admits that he loss to a better man that night.
The only thing that I like of george is that he beat matt hughes.

Guy! I don't even know where to being with you

Post #10   11/27/07 10:44:15PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Why are all these old threads being bumped up?

Post #11   11/27/07 11:14:59PM