Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Houston Alexander arrested for child abuse after boxing son due to talking dirty on Facebook

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,559-1,524
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
its not child abused it's discipline..and they wonder why kids act they way they do..smh..props to Houston, tought love goes a long way and does wonders

Post #16   1/2/12 1:35:57PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,309-1,408
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I am somewhat a fan of Houston's and got real nervous opening up this thread thinking, he hurt a child. What I didnt expect to read, that it was his 16 year old son, and it didnt even seem like abuse.

This isn't worth Houston getting arrested and charged for.
Maybe he needs to go seek some council, or both him and his son go speak to someone, but this isn't that bad.

On the other hand, I was like his son, I dont think he deserves to get taught a lesson, I guess maybe his son should just be honest with his dad.
This maybe would of not gotten out of hand like it did.

Im sure Houston, could teach his boy some game.

Post #17   1/2/12 2:49:04PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:
I'd like to know who called the cops on Houston!?

Post #18   1/2/12 5:11:07PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:
I am blown away by the lack of concern expressed by every single fool before me. The kid is 16 years old, his father is a professional fighter. He busted his sons nose and obviously did some internal harm if the kid is complaining of abdominal pain.

If you call that discipline, you're either a fucking idiot or had a fucked up childhood. I pray none of you are parents.

You are some sad individuals.

Post #19   1/2/12 5:12:34PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,309-1,408
Chips:

I am blown away by the lack of concern expressed by every single fool before me. The kid is 16 years old, his father is a professional fighter. He busted his sons nose and obviously did some internal harm if the kid is complaining of abdominal pain.

If you call that discipline, you're either a fucking idiot or had a fucked up childhood. I pray none of you are parents.

.....and we should no longer see you again as you will be banned. Id love to reply to your commebts but I like it here. Lol

Post #20   1/2/12 5:26:40PM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Career:217-141
Camp: The Underdogs
Chips:
This surprizes me because houston is a really nice guy, is not a typical thug type black guy, hes real family oriented, i think people take things like this too far, but then again, hes a pro fighter, and his son isnt, so i geuss its not really a fair fight, my dad works at a fruit plant, and hed still kick me ass...i can only imagine how bad the beating would be if he was a boxer haha

Post #21   1/2/12 5:34:47PM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Career:217-141
Camp: The Underdogs
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

I am somewhat a fan of Houston's and got real nervous opening up this thread thinking, he hurt a child. What I didnt expect to read, that it was his 16 year old son, and it didnt even seem like abuse.

This isn't worth Houston getting arrested and charged for.
Maybe he needs to go seek some council, or both him and his son go speak to someone, but this isn't that bad.

On the other hand, I was like his son, I dont think he deserves to get taught a lesson, I guess maybe his son should just be honest with his dad.
This maybe would of not gotten out of hand like it did.

Im sure Houston, could teach his boy some game.

yeah...it doesnt seem like Houston fought his son out of malice or intent, thats clearly his way of punishing his son, or "manning him up" for lack of a better phrase...or maybe he is abusive behind the scenes, but to me reading this article, it just sounds to me like a family tradition that got a little out of hand, which most father/son battles do...exspecially if the son fights back...myself, i cower, my dads huge haha, but no, i agree wqith what your sayin, theres like a fine line kind of thing with stuff like this...slappin your son around a little bit might be ok to one guy, but to another guy its disgusting, people are raised differently, but i dont think hes son was in any real danger

Post #22   1/2/12 5:42:31PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

Pretty big difference between a "slight bloody nose" (the word slight is there for a reason) and "busted nose". They are not remotely close to the same thing. "Pain in your side" is also not equivalent to "internal damage". You're right, his father is a professional fighter, so do you think that his son would maybe have some broken bones or be unconscious if he was actually hitting him with any serious amount of power?

Your crazy hyperbolic emotional response takes an awful lot of liberties with the facts stated in the article. Pretty much like if you got a splinter and went around telling people that you were stabbed, that is about the level of exaggeration you're employing right now.

Last edited 1/2/12 7:00PM server time by Aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   1/2/12 6:58:54PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
That isn't abuse it's parenting.
it's ridiculous that he's going to have that on his record. Houston's entire adult life has been about his kids.

Post #24   1/2/12 8:14:32PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,959-1,091
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

Try reading the article.

Post #25   1/2/12 8:27:53PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,552-908
Chips:
Way overblown topic, let the law decide, me personally I would need to know a lot more to make a judgement one way or another.

Post #26   1/2/12 8:30:03PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,715-978
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
being the Southern man i am, this is a non-issue.

Post #27   1/3/12 4:01:12AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2