Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Forget Title Shots -- Now That He's 'Broke', Donald Cerrone Wants to Stay Busy

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
LAS VEGAS -- No matter what happens at UFC 141, it's been a good year for Donald Cerrone. He debuted in the UFC, racked up four wins in four fights, and pocketed more than $200,000 in post-fight bonuses alone. For a guy who was scraping by on WEC wages this time last year, that's good money.

"And it's gone," Cerrone told reporters with a Dennis the Menace grin earlier this week, explaining, "I now own everything I ever wanted."

In case you haven't noticed by now, Cerrone's the kind of guy who marches to the beat of his own drummer. It's not necessarily that he isn't thinking about tomorrow so much as he is committed to getting the most out of today. While a lot of guys might have put all that bonus money toward retirement, Cerrone had other plans for it.

"I bought my sister a brand new Hummer for Christmas," he said. "It felt good, but now I'm broke. Thanks, sis."

LINK

Post #1   12/30/11 12:28:14PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Kinda silly being that I guess his sisters parents are the same as his...Doctors...and you need to buy your sister a hummer? Jeez interesting...I am quick to judge but I would like to know more about his sister...

Post #2   12/30/11 1:10:23PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Yeah it's definitely silly not saving cash in such a volatile industry. Cerrone could go on a losing streak against Diaz and get kicked out of the UFC for all he knows, dramatically reducing his income.

Post #3   12/30/11 4:58:32PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
It's his money. Who gives a shit?

No offense to either of you, but why should we care how he chooses to spend the money he earned? He spent his money on his family and people have a problem with it? Insane.

Last edited 12/30/11 6:15PM server time by blueskiesburn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   12/30/11 6:14:38PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,954-1,208
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
pocketed more than $200,000 in post-fight bonuses alone. For a guy who was scraping by on WEC wages this time last year, that's good money.

ummmm....I'd say that's good money for anyone regardless

be wise Donald...your career can end at the drop of a hat...don't be like mike

Post #5   12/30/11 6:22:04PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

No offense to either of you, but why should we care how he chooses to spend the money he earned? He spent his money on his family and people have a problem with it? Insane.

There's a difference between giving a shit and thinking someone stupid for making bad choices.

He could also do coke on the weekends too and I'd say that was equally a bad idea, but I wouldn't really care what he did to himself.

Post #6   12/30/11 7:30:40PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

There's a difference between giving a shit and thinking someone stupid for making bad choices.

He could also do coke on the weekends too and I'd say that was equally a bad idea, but I wouldn't really care what he did to himself.

I wouldn't exactly say that buying a member of your family a vehicle is in ANY way comparable to snorting coke on the weekends.

Last edited 12/30/11 7:32PM server time by blueskiesburn

Post #7   12/30/11 7:32:37PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
cowboy will be a good fight for most anybody for years to come. i think he'll be sticking around the ufc. as for spending all his money, aint my problem

Post #8   12/30/11 8:49:10PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I wouldn't exactly say that buying a member of your family a vehicle is in ANY way comparable to snorting coke on the weekends.

I'm not saying snorting coke and spending cash are on the same level, but in terms of longevity, both are stupid, especially as a professional fighter, so it is an apt comparison in that respect.

He got 200k in official bonuses alone, who knows what his total earnings were when everything was said and done. He spent far more money than just on a hummer if he is legit broke.

Last edited 12/30/11 9:02PM server time by warglory

Post #9   12/30/11 9:01:06PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

He got 200k in official bonuses alone, who knows what his total earnings were when everything was said and done. He spent far more money than just on a hummer if he is legit broke.

And maybe he purchased his ranch outright, paid off some other things, until it's known exactly what he spent his money on, I don't think saying it's "silly" or "dumb" is warranted.

When Cerrone says "I now own everything I could have wanted," I am inclined to believe that he purchased his ranch, some horses, and the like. That's what he always stresses he wants.

Post #10   12/30/11 9:04:20PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The real question here is...

Is Cerrone's sister hot?

Post #11   12/30/11 9:05:03PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God