Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Girls love MMA too... :)

Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Kpro

I was actually meaning to try and find my user manual this week.. Not sure if my Cabela's Big Game Hunter rifle is supposed to leak and burn when I pull the trigger to take down a moose.

Are you sure that's your rifle that's leaking and burning? Something tells me that you're not divulging the whole truth.

Considering there's a laser sight attached, I'm pretty sure that classifies it as a rifle.

Red discharge doesn't mean that it's a "laser"

Post #16   12/30/11 2:46:55AM   

MuayThaiGeek13

MMA Regular

Career:115-75
Chips:
^lmao

Post #17   12/30/11 2:55:33AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,583-1,321
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Dictionary.com tends to disagree:

Last edited 12/30/11 3:16AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #18   12/30/11 3:06:15AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Dictionary.com tends to disagree:

I am pretty sure that they're only referring your "laser" in that definition.

Post #19   12/30/11 3:24:21AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,606-913
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Post #20   12/30/11 4:48:55AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,565-951
Chips:
Hey Dancing Doll! I have several questions:

1) Are you prepared for people to assume and insinuate that you are a man pretending to be a woman? If so, you're ready for the forums! I am sure you can appreciate some skepticism.

2) Your record is kick ass, for sure. And you appear to make picks for every fight on the card. However there appears to be a gap of events in your record. What's that all about!? You think this is a game? Some sort of Fantasy predictions and wagers game?

Welcome to MMA Playground

Post #21   12/30/11 8:33:28AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Glad to diverse this site up, it was becoming a real sausage fest .....welcome.

Post #22   12/30/11 8:36:35AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,335-1,232
Chips:
Welcome to the site.

A couple things...

1 - Utilize the forums. We have some of the most knowledgeable members of the sport that post here.

2 - Make sure you check out the podcast. If you're easily offended, I would recommend skipping last night's podcast!

3 - How'd you find us?

4 - Follow us on Twitter! @mmaplayground on @MMA_at_WORK

Post #23   12/30/11 9:14:14AM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:789-381
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Hey Dancing Doll! I have several questions:

1) Are you prepared for people to assume and insinuate that you are a man pretending to be a woman? If so, you're ready for the forums! I am sure you can appreciate some skepticism.

2) Your record is kick ass, for sure. And you appear to make picks for every fight on the card. However there appears to be a gap of events in your record. What's that all about!? You think this is a game? Some sort of Fantasy predictions and wagers game?

Welcome to MMA Playground

Thanks for some actual questions! :)

To answer the first... yeah, skepticism is fair. I'm actually a relatively well known personality in my "Non-PG" field. If you google "Ashleigh Lake" or "Dancing_Doll" in terms of "author" or "erotica" you'll see that I'm all over the place (twitter, LinkedIn, facebook, multiple sites, published in a female-writers-only book by a publishing house that confirms my gender cause I get the royalty cheques in my name etc). Sure I guess I "could" still be a dude, but it seems like an awful lot of work over the past couple of years to still be faking it, no? lol

And for the second Q: Yes, there was a gap. I watched the fights but missed the cut-off for making picks. I had some personal tragedy stuff going on in my life (you can find the details on my twitter but if I post it here it will probably just get the eye rolls).

And do I think this is a game? Uhm... yeah. I haven't started betting real money just yet, so I'm still in my learning curve. I make private bets with another member here (who first told me about the site) so it pushes me to research the fighters I'm not that familiar with yet, check betting-odds and make my picks. Since the girls I know IRL that are vaguely familiar with MMA tend to base their picks on "which guy is the hottest", I think I'm doing pretty good with my system so far! lol

I'll be first to admit, I'm a UFC-girl so far. I'm just starting to get to know the Strikeforce guys that are filtering over, but didn't really watch that or Bellator etc. I still have lots to learn but I have some strong opinions and favourites about who and what I've seen so far.

Post #24   12/30/11 11:37:03AM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Welcome to the site.

A couple things...

1 - Utilize the forums. We have some of the most knowledgeable members of the sport that post here.

2 - Make sure you check out the podcast. If you're easily offended, I would recommend skipping last night's podcast!

3 - How'd you find us?

4 - Follow us on Twitter! @mmaplayground on @MMA_at_WORK

Thanks!

I just followed both on Twitter. I follow a lot of MMA-related things on Twitter already and a lot of follow-backs too. Gotta love Twitter...

I'm not easily offended... at all... lol.... so I'll be checking the podcast for sure.

And I found this site because it was recommended to me by another member (the guy who originally got me into everything). I definitely like the set-up!

I'll be checking the forums more often now for sure.

Post #25   12/30/11 11:45:49AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,335-1,232
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

Thanks!

I just followed both on Twitter. I follow a lot of MMA-related things on Twitter already and a lot of follow-backs too. Gotta love Twitter...

I'm not easily offended... at all... lol.... so I'll be checking the podcast for sure.

And I found this site because it was recommended to me by another member (the guy who originally got me into everything). I definitely like the set-up!

Awesome. I think you'll enjoy last night's podcast then! If you need info on how to listen to the archives or where you can listen live, visit THIS thread. Everything you need to know about it is there.

Don't forget to get your picks and wagers in for UFC 141 by 5pm. Good luck!

Post #26   12/30/11 12:05:06PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,306-1,232
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Welcome, and good luck with the picks and wagers

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #27   12/30/11 12:40:25PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,565-951
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

Thanks for some actual questions! :)

To answer the first... yeah, skepticism is fair. I'm actually a relatively well known personality in my "Non-PG" field. If you google "Ashleigh Lake" or "Dancing_Doll" in terms of "author" or "erotica" you'll see that I'm all over the place (twitter, LinkedIn, facebook, multiple sites, published in a female-writers-only book by a publishing house that confirms my gender cause I get the royalty cheques in my name etc). Sure I guess I "could" still be a dude, but it seems like an awful lot of work over the past couple of years to still be faking it, no? lol

And for the second Q: Yes, there was a gap. I watched the fights but missed the cut-off for making picks. I had some personal tragedy stuff going on in my life (you can find the details on my twitter but if I post it here it will probably just get the eye rolls).

And do I think this is a game? Uhm... yeah. I haven't started betting real money just yet, so I'm still in my learning curve. I make private bets with another member here (who first told me about the site) so it pushes me to research the fighters I'm not that familiar with yet, check betting-odds and make my picks. Since the girls I know IRL that are vaguely familiar with MMA tend to base their picks on "which guy is the hottest", I think I'm doing pretty good with my system so far! lol

I'll be first to admit, I'm a UFC-girl so far. I'm just starting to get to know the Strikeforce guys that are filtering over, but didn't really watch that or Bellator etc. I still have lots to learn but I have some strong opinions and favourites about who and what I've seen so far.

Well it's good to have you aboard! It would appear your system is working fairly well! I believe there are a couple other female members of the site who are active too.

Post #28   12/30/11 2:55:33PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

Thanks!

If you you ever want to ask a question to the people we interview on the show give us a follow on Twitter as well. gartface and myself are the hosts of the show.

me: (@FightOnTwist)

Tim: (@TimHerb)

I should warn you that I tweet a lot and it doesn't always have to do with MMA. Follow at your own risk.

Last edited 12/30/11 4:01PM server time by blueskiesburn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #29   12/30/11 4:01:19PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by DancingDoll

Thanks!

If you you ever want to ask a question to the people we interview on the show give us a follow on Twitter as well. gartface and myself are the hosts of the show.

me: (@FightOnTwist)

Tim: (@TimHerb)

I should warn you that I tweet a lot and it doesn't always have to do with MMA. Follow at your own risk.

Thanks... I sent you a follow.

I'm @AshleighLake (and my tweets are very random as well).

Post #30   12/30/11 4:16:19PM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5