Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

new to this game

Print  
Posted By Message

lahoover78

Learning to Sprawl

Career:858-558
Camp: country KO
Chips:
hey my name is Lonnie and i've been a huge MMA fan since UFC 1 way back in the day. i wrestled from 7th grade all through high school but i was injured in a severe car accident in 2002 that ended any hope of fighting but i'm excited to play this game and talk some MMA with people that know their stuff

Post #1   12/25/11 8:56:39PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Welcome to the site, man! How'd you find us?

(secretly hoping you're not an Ohio State fan...)

Post #2   12/25/11 9:42:28PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by lahoover78

hey my name is Lonnie and i've been a huge MMA fan since UFC 1 way back in the day. i wrestled from 7th grade all through high school but i was injured in a severe car accident in 2002 that ended any hope of fighting but i'm excited to play this game and talk some MMA with people that know their stuff

I'm sorry to hear that man.

Welcome to the site though. You'll find plenty of great discussions all over this site. Also, happy holidays

Post #3   12/25/11 10:02:19PM   

lahoover78

Learning to Sprawl

Career:858-558
Camp: country KO
Chips:
i've been wandering if there was a fantasy MMA site anywhere and i googled it and this site popped up. i upgraded to the premium membership but it hasn't switched yet. does it take a while or something. no i'm not a OSU fan, actually i'm a huge Michigan fan what about you

Post #4   12/25/11 10:05:42PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sorry to hear that, man. Accidents happen to the best of us. We're happy to have you on The Playground.

Post #5   12/25/11 10:13:23PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Chips:

Posted by lahoover78

i've been wandering if there was a fantasy MMA site anywhere and i googled it and this site popped up. i upgraded to the premium membership but it hasn't switched yet. does it take a while or something. no i'm not a OSU fan, actually i'm a huge Michigan fan what about you

The premium membership should reflect on your account within 48 hours or so. Maybe a bit longer with the holidays and all.

I'm actually not a fan of any specific college team. I just despise pretty much everything Ohio State related.

Again, welcome to the site, man. Glad to have you on board!

Post #6   12/25/11 10:14:15PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Chips:
Welcome! Do you happen to be a fan of Jesse Eisenberg?

Post #7   12/25/11 10:26:51PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Chips:
Glad to have you bro! The game can be tough at first, but some (not me) take to it right away. It's the best fantasy mma experience going.

As far as forums, I say you'd be hard pressed finding a better community. Minimal trolls, maximum quality posters.

I know how car accidents can effect a person's life. I've been hit by four different people. I actually got tboned on Tuesday night by an old woman who hopped a median and was driving the wrong way on a three lane highway.

I find life evens itself out though. As terrible as my luck is... I also have incredibly good luck at times. It's Christmas, I got to spend time with my wife and family, and I'm stoked.

I hope everyone in the Playground family had a Merry Christmas or night of Chanukah! If you're an atheist or Jehovah's Witness, I hope you had a good day! Take care, and welcome to our new member! Way to go on going premium!

Post #8   12/26/11 12:09:11AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Welcome to the site. Great choice on going premium. Even if you don't win any money, its still nice to be rid of all the ads. Good luck with the picks and wagers

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #9   12/26/11 7:16:03AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by lahoover78

I bet living in Columbus is absolutely lovely wearing the Maize and Blue. You must make friends at every bar you go to.

USC>Michigan

Post #10   12/27/11 6:12:30PM