Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rashad vs Dana White after the fight?? hopefully it will iron out

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
Dana said the event was blown out of proportion a little, there is no bad blood between Dana white and Rashad.

Last edited 2/2/07 2:53PM server time by Pyrenus
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   2/2/07 2:53:39PM   

GladE8R

Learning to Sprawl

GladE8R Avatar

Career:73-49
Chips:
I think that if a fighter KNOWS he cant do his best or fight his hardest against a freind, than it his responsibility to HIMSELF to refuse the fight. It is as much an issue of safety as it is being professional.

It is alot different than saying he isnt READY for a fight. If it were you, and your friend and training partner, who KNEW EVERYTHING about you personally, as well as in a fight, actually was fighting you in a ranked match....Well lets just say it would be a bad deal for everyone involved, and could mess up 2 careers, and completely destroy an entire camp.

Besides, Dana has too much invested in Rashaad right now to hide him away from the world. So, Dana would be smart to keep them seperated. There are plenty of other LHW's out there to fight anyway. Oh yeah, and this guy name "Liddell" I think thats his name...isnt going to lose to either of the fighters we are talking about.

Post #17   2/2/07 4:30:35PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

If Aleks E was a top contender for the Pride HW belt and fedor refused to fight his little brother (even though they don't train together anymore, but obvioudly have a different bond), would you say that Fedor should get out of the fight game or get his ass in the cage(ring)?

Not comparing Rashad to Fedor, just that I think it's tough to fight to your full potential when something like a strong friendship stands in the way....

Rumor: I heard that Rahsad said that if Dana wanted him to fight Keith, then he would move back up to HW

You make a good point. I may have came off a little to strong on my comments. Rashad is a great athlete and fighter, and he definatly belongs in the fight game. However, I think he would be making a big mistake if he wouldn't take a fight Dana set up. It would be a great matchup and people will definatly want to see the fight. He's in the UFC to fight, and that's the name of the game.

The Emelianko's is a different situation all together though. They are actually brothers, and I think almost anybody would find it hard to fight there own blood. I may sound contradictive to my above statement, but this is just my opinion. Intelligent, mature, friends should be able to handle the business side of fighting and come out still being great friends. However, I don't think alot of people would want to step in and beat up one of their own family members, buisness or not. Hard to explain, but i'm sure you understand my point.

Post #18   2/2/07 6:02:40PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2