Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rashad vs Dana White after the fight?? hopefully it will iron out

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar

Career:258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Perhaps the most interesting exchange took place after the show at the press conference. When a reporter asked about a prospective match with Evans vs. Keith Jardine, who made a name for himself by knocking out Forrest Griffin on Dec. 30 in Las Vegas, UFC President Dana White said that sounded like a great idea. Evans shot back that he trains regularly with Jardine in Albuquerque, and he would never fight him. White said that if he made the match, he’d fight him. Evans shot back that he would not, and the awkward exchange ended at that point.

Post #1   1/26/07 6:40:18PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
yeah i heard about that.

I wonder if rashad is tryiing to pull the old tito "i wont fight chuck thing" or if they really dont want to fight eachother

Post #2   1/28/07 7:24:28PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Career:264-172
Chips:
Takes some balls to say no to Dana White, when Pete Spratt was offered the title shot against Huges and he said he wasn't ready he didn't get invited back for a long time.

Post #3   1/28/07 7:29:35PM   

Hwarang

MMA Regular

Hwarang Avatar

Career:62-39
Camp: Islenska mma deildin
Chips:
if they would fight then i think Jardine would rip his head off

Post #4   1/28/07 7:35:38PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,272-1,271
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by www-WeLoan-us
...Evans shot back that he trains regularly with Jardine in Albuquerque, and he would never fight him. White said that if he made the match, he’d fight him. Evans shot back that he would not, and the awkward exchange ended at that point.

I don't know...I'm not a professional, but if you train with someone who is also a top contender in the UFC, doesn't the thought come into your mind that you may face them someday? Who does he think he is that he can turn that down? If Jardine were a nobody then maybe...but as long as White picks fights without some explicit ranking to decide who fights who...get your butt in the cage.

Post #5   1/28/07 9:36:01PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I agree with Evans. Depending on the people, it can make things very awkward to fight someone you train with, as it divides not only the two fighters, but the fight camp as well. Some people are cool with it, like Kerr and Coleman in the GP, where they both said they would fight each other even though they're friends, but some are not.

Last edited 1/28/07 11:47PM server time by svartorm
Edit note/reason: n/a

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #6   1/28/07 11:46:12PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I agree as long as both fighters don't want to fight eachother. I know I couldn't unleash on a close friend or brother like I could against someone I don't know well or don't like. Wandy and Shogun don't fight for this same reason. Some people will fight anybody, thast' their personality. I think even among professionals it's probably a lot less than we think.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   1/29/07 12:06:01AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
These fighters are always saying they want to entertain the fans. I am not entertained by watching the well known fighters with credentials fighting no names just sent in to get there a** kicked. (Sean Salmon) What kind of main event was that? How does Salmon make a main event? Everybody needs to work there way up and eventually get to fight a top notch fighter, so i'm not hating the fact that they fought, I just don't want to see it as a main event. I want to see the top contenders in each division pitted against each other, and Evans and Jardine are definatly amongst the few in the LHWs. If Evans doesnt wanna fight, he shouldnt be in the fight game.

Post #8   1/29/07 12:54:37AM   

Sticksta13

Hardcore Surfer

Sticksta13 Avatar

Career:1,457-831
Camp: Team Valcom
Chips:
is there a vid up anywhere?

Post #9   1/29/07 1:29:34AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I just want to add that in addition to being close friends with Jardine, the fact that they are on the same team and train together makes this even more unlikely. What would they do, split the Jackson camp, and have half train each? Would Jackson give each advice on how to defeat eachother? It makes it more palatible that they don't fight eachother IMO .

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #10   1/29/07 2:30:27AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Hwarang

if they would fight then i think Jardine would rip his head off

? you mean like the way he did on TUF? Rashad would still win but like he said, the fight wont happen cuz the guys are training partners.

Post #11   1/29/07 1:00:37PM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,942-1,188
Chips:
If they are both top contenders they should have to fight each other. The fact that they train with each other and are friends should not matter.

Post #12   1/29/07 1:09:50PM   

titlefight

Learning to Sprawl

titlefight Avatar

Career:1,459-857
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
This comes up alot in the better camps. I was talking with Bob Cook of AKA about Kosh and Fitch and the posibility of them having to fight.

Cook said they would fight if it was for a title. I asked well who would have to train somewhere else who would get the corner men ect.

He just laughed and said they both beat the shit out of eachother in here everyday, so why not do it for money.....we could flip a coin for corner men.

Sounds like at AKA they would just train both guys the same, high five eachother in the back before the bout, look at eachother across the cage and smile, then come out and battle like they do everyday in training camp.....only this time its in front of 15,000 fans and who knows how many PPV buys.

But at the end of the day the belt comes back to AKA!!!!!

Post #13   1/29/07 2:21:31PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
If Aleks E was a top contender for the Pride HW belt and fedor refused to fight his little brother (even though they don't train together anymore, but obvioudly have a different bond), would you say that Fedor should get out of the fight game or get his ass in the cage(ring)?

Not comparing Rashad to Fedor, just that I think it's tough to fight to your full potential when something like a strong friendship stands in the way....

Rumor: I heard that Rahsad said that if Dana wanted him to fight Keith, then he would move back up to HW

Post #14   2/2/07 2:33:42PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i think its better if they fight each other, if one wins, the other will train much harder and both will improve.. i'd bring out all i had if i was fighting a close friend/brother/mother..

whoever the person is..

Post #15   2/2/07 2:50:46PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2