Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Man Dies After Online Sparring Challenge

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If you spend time at MMA forums for any length of time you'll see people challenging others to get together and spar or even looking for people to spar with just "for practice." While most of these are just guys spouting nonsense because that's half of the reason the internet exists, there are times where the people involved are serious and it can lead to dangerous situations.

From OregonLive.com:

Investigators are looking into the death of a Chicago man who died after a two-day series of sparring matches with a Vancouver man he met in an online chat room.

Salvador Flamenco, 38, came to Vancouver on Dec. 15 after arranging the fights with the unidentified Vancouver resident through a website, www.allfighters.com, said Sgt. Scott Creager of the Vancouver Police Department. The pair decided to spar at the Vancouver man's home.

The two men fought that day and the next, but after the second day of boxing, Flamenco started complaining of dizziness and nausea, Creager said. The symptoms became more severe and by the time paramedics arrived, Flamenco had begun losing consciousness.

After an autopsy, the Clark County Medical Examiner's Office said Flamenco died of blunt-force injuries and ruled the death a homicide, prompting an investigation by police.

LINK

Post #1   12/23/11 4:24:12PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Chips:
i was going to challenge one of you guys to a sparring match, but i feared the same would happen to one of you

Post #2   12/23/11 4:29:11PM   

ryu99

Learning to Sprawl

ryu99 Avatar

Career:1,072-710
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i was going to challenge one of you guys to a sparring match, but i feared the same would happen to one of you

dont you think ur comments are a lil inappropriate ?

Post #3   12/23/11 4:57:50PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:

Posted by ryu99

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I see where you're coming from but this death is a direct result of an extremely stupid human being making an extremely stupid choice.

EDIT: I might come off as a little harsh there but seriously. Who does this? Who sets up a meeting to spar with a guy you have never met before who lives in a different country? And then spars too hard for too long two days in a row in that guy's house. Not even a gym, the guy's house... I mean come on.

Last edited 12/23/11 5:14PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #4   12/23/11 5:05:43PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Come on man, we all know you wouldn't land anything on me

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #5   12/23/11 5:11:35PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Chips:

Posted by ryu99

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i joke on here like i joke w/ my friends. i'm sorry it hit you so personal. i promise i would never try to murder someone on this site.

Last edited 12/23/11 5:18PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   12/23/11 5:15:51PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by ryu99

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I dont. And it would happen to you too, just not from me.... I am a big fat sloppy pussy.

Inapropriate.

Post #7   12/23/11 5:22:23PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by ryu99

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I dont. And it would happen to you too, just not from me.... I am a big fat sloppy pussy.

Inapropriate.

Come on man, don't be so hard on yourself! Who doesn't love a big, fat, sloppy pussy?

Post #8   12/23/11 6:05:52PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,279-1,225
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by ryu99

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Inapropriate.

Come on man, don't be so hard on yourself! Who doesn't love a big, fat, sloppy pussy?

Nothing about this sounds good to me

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #9   12/23/11 6:34:55PM   

ryu99

Learning to Sprawl

ryu99 Avatar

Career:1,072-710
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by ryu99

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Inapropriate.

maybe if i was stupid enough to do that but im not . Im not deff the guy it was a bad choice i was just saying making light of some ones death isnt very funny and i have a very crude sense of humor lol

Post #10   12/23/11 6:46:14PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by ryu99

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I see where you're coming from but this death is a direct result of an extremely stupid human being making an extremely stupid choice.

EDIT: I might come off as a little harsh there but seriously. Who does this? Who sets up a meeting to spar with a guy you have never met before who lives in a different country? And then spars too hard for too long two days in a row in that guy's house. Not even a gym, the guy's house... I mean come on.

I agree, and I don't think it's harsh. These guys are a pair of morons. He didn't deserve to die for his stupidity, but he also doesn't really deserve any sympathy either, because he caused his own death through unbelievable stupidity, and helps make the sport look horrible for the real athletes who are training properly.

Post #11   12/23/11 6:47:51PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,112-1,310
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
You guys crack me up!
Its a serious issue but not really lol
The jokes, I found funny. Then the replies even got better. Fat sloppy pussy lol
ah you guys are great.

As for the two guys who met. Very weird. And exactly, who even does this? You meet someone guy and travel across the country to spare? You sure this wasnt a gay site who like it rough?
Very weird....and funny..just not the part of this guy dying...

Post #12   12/23/11 7:11:21PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by ryu99

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I don't. I cracked up.

Post #13   12/23/11 7:42:16PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by ryu99

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i joke on here like i joke w/ my friends. i'm sorry it hit you so personal. i promise i would never try to murder someone on this site.

just made me laugh a 2nd time and then a third when I saw his "location."

Post #14   12/23/11 7:44:20PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by ryu99

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Well its abit unappropriate but no where different than someone telling a joke like Rashad did....Am I right? but some reason I really took Rashads lighter...Because I visualize maybe this guy sparring and the other guy beating the hell out of him and then finally letting up...We do not know the facts...Maybe they talked for months...Maybe words who knows but I know one thing...

You have to be really careful with anyone you meet online...Anyone...

Post #15   12/23/11 10:32:37PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2