Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chael Sonnen 'Done With Anderson Silva', Wants GSP, Jon Jones, dos Santos Next

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,498-1,432
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

His entertainment value is diminishing. I don't see him funny anymore.

dos Santos vs. Sonnen would be fun, though.

Chael Sonnen with diminished entertainment value > Every other fighter in the UFC

Seriously, MMA fighters are generally horrible at hyping fights. I believe part of that is because you are more likely to get your ass kicked and seriously F'd up than in say, boxing. Like the Klitchsko vs Haye match, bunch of talk, no show. Same with Mayweather. Generally MMA matches are the opposite, and that's just one of the many reasons I enjoy them more.

Also, you hear Overeem trying to "threaten" Brock. "I am going to tear this guy limb from limb". What? Is this some sort of cheesy 80s action flick? Is he fighting Frank Deux?

No apparently he's fighting Kurt Angle, or at least should rehearse his stupid bullshit. Fighting is about fighting, not WWE antics. You know who could hype up a hell of a fight.... Kimbo. Why dont you go be his fan.

I feel like the UFC is destroying the sport as an art.

And if he didn't hype fights you'd bitch about that. Then you'd bitch about the mat being too blue in the octagon, then you'd bitch that your chair is too small, then you'd bitch about your doritos being too cheesy, then you'd bitch that it's too dark when you turn the lights out, then you'd sleep and dream about bitching some more. At least that's what I'll assume your day goes like based on your posts.

Post #16   12/24/11 12:42:00PM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
Chael is badass. Everyone in here dogging him is just jealous of what a badass/well rounded person he is. he's one of the toughest guys on the planet and he is the smartest man in MMA. His speaking abillity is awesome and 80% of the other fighters are dull as hell when they speak. Have fun listening to boring guys give one word answers in interviews... Tools.

Post #17   12/24/11 1:16:49PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by fullfighting

Chael is badass. Everyone in here dogging him is just jealous of what a badass/well rounded person he is. he's one of the toughest guys on the planet and he is the smartest man in MMA. His speaking abillity is awesome and 80% of the other fighters are dull as hell when they speak. Have fun listening to boring guys give one word answers in interviews... Tools.

How many other 185ers are calling out Chael to fight him? Munoz is saying what he has to, but deep down, he knows he's in big trouble.

Nobody wants to fight Chael, you can call him a tool, a troll, or whatever....the dude can talk smack like no other can also throw down like nobody's business.

Post #18   12/24/11 1:24:44PM   

Dtime_NBT

MMA Regular

Dtime_NBT Avatar

Career:968-670
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

Only fans on this site dont acknoledge that because they dislike him.

Or.....

Maybe fans on this site are educated. I'm fine with him being ranked number 2. It wouldn't bother me at all because it would be a very short lived reign on top.

Whether you like him or not, his career has been rather unimpressive. He had good performances against Marquardt and Okami and a GREAT performance against Anderson. Thats it. That's literally all he's done.

He's also lost a lot of fights and in the same fashion. A guy with such a glaring weakness doesn't deserve to be at the top and there's no way he can stay there long.

If you ask me, Chael is finally starting to realize that he has zero chance against Anderson in a rematch. He's regretting all of the nonsense spewing out of his mouth.

Let him go pick on the WW GSP. Anderson would chew him up and spit him out.

He had some good performances in the WEC too.

He beat Filho down pretty good the two times they fought.

Post #19   12/24/11 2:29:11PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,500-882
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Dtime_NBT

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

Or.....

Maybe fans on this site are educated. I'm fine with him being ranked number 2. It wouldn't bother me at all because it would be a very short lived reign on top.

Whether you like him or not, his career has been rather unimpressive. He had good performances against Marquardt and Okami and a GREAT performance against Anderson. Thats it. That's literally all he's done.

He's also lost a lot of fights and in the same fashion. A guy with such a glaring weakness doesn't deserve to be at the top and there's no way he can stay there long.

If you ask me, Chael is finally starting to realize that he has zero chance against Anderson in a rematch. He's regretting all of the nonsense spewing out of his mouth.

He lost to Filho the first time.

I also don't put much weight in those wins because Filho was bat shit crazy at the time.

Post #20   12/24/11 4:33:13PM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Dtime_NBT

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

Or.....

He lost to Filho the first time.

I also don't put much weight in those wins because Filho was bat shit crazy at the time.

So by your standards, which fighters have had impressive careers?

Last edited 12/24/11 5:30PM server time by fullfighting
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   12/24/11 5:27:07PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

Chael Sonnen with diminished entertainment value > Every other fighter in the UFC

Seriously, MMA fighters are generally horrible at hyping fights. I believe part of that is because you are more likely to get your ass kicked and seriously F'd up than in say, boxing. Like the Klitchsko vs Haye match, bunch of talk, no show. Same with Mayweather. Generally MMA matches are the opposite, and that's just one of the many reasons I enjoy them more.

Also, you hear Overeem trying to "threaten" Brock. "I am going to tear this guy limb from limb". What? Is this some sort of cheesy 80s action flick? Is he fighting Frank Deux?

No apparently he's fighting Kurt Angle, or at least should rehearse his stupid bullshit. Fighting is about fighting, not WWE antics. You know who could hype up a hell of a fight.... Kimbo. Why dont you go be his fan.

And if he didn't hype fights you'd bitch about that. Then you'd bitch about the mat being too blue in the octagon, then you'd bitch that your chair is too small, then you'd bitch about your doritos being too cheesy, then you'd bitch that it's too dark when you turn the lights out, then you'd sleep and dream about bitching some more. At least that's what I'll assume your day goes like based on your posts.

Ohhh it hurts so bad. You post to agree? I'm sorry a point is usually made when something is wrong or questioned.

Please do point out the many ridiculous things I bitch about for all to see, otherwise your mouth is running with nothing to support it in your noggin.

Post #22   12/24/11 7:01:00PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

Ohhh it hurts so bad. You post to agree? I'm sorry a point is usually made when something is wrong or questioned.

Please do point out the many ridiculous things I bitch about for all to see, otherwise your mouth is running with nothing to support it in your noggin.

I knew you'd bitch about that post.

Post #23   12/24/11 10:03:10PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

And you just bitched about that one, what is your point? Maybe you can support your point.

Post #24   12/24/11 11:41:25PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
You're doing all the work for him.

Post #25   12/25/11 3:05:17AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Youre exactly right, replying is the same as bitching. What a great way to support a point. I allocate my poting time to my disagreements more than nutthuggeries, dont see a reason why one would post to agree.

But please still waiting for someone to actually support their ideas.

Post #26   12/25/11 12:55:59PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

And you just bitched about that one, what is your point? Maybe you can support your point.

My point is every post you makes smells horribly of the underside of a bridge. Is there anything in MMA that makes you happy? Anything that isn't overrated or stupid or doesn't piss you off? It's like Scrooge humped the Grinch and you came out.

Post #27   12/25/11 12:58:26PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Pookie

Youre exactly right, replying is the same as bitching. What a great way to support a point. I allocate my poting time to my disagreements more than nutthuggeries, dont see a reason why one would post to agree.

But please still waiting for someone to actually support their ideas.

The person that crapped out the gem "I would put money on Hughes outstriking Hardy..." without a follow up wants a serious debate? Mmmhhhmmm...

Post #28   12/25/11 1:28:18PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Chael must have been reading the forums because a lot of people think he's going to get KO'd by Anderson this time who wont be overlooking him or injured or whatever.

He Wants JDS... the guy who just destroyed two top HW wrestlers? good luck Chael I say give him that fight for opening his mouth about it.

He wants Jon Jones? the only fighter on the roster he gives props to because he doesnt want anything to do with Jones and he still doesnt. I dont buy the sudden interest to fight Jon Jones, we all know Chael would get elbowed into next week including himself.

GSP? at least thats more realistic for him, unless GSP works on this triangles

Post #29   12/25/11 4:02:24PM   

Consigliere

Learning to Sprawl

Career:282-278
Camp: The Outlaws
Chips:
Fucking christ, what a joke this guy is. Man I hope one day he will wake up from his disillusions..
I think he just realised he won't be able to beat Silva, so now he's again trying to talk his way into another contender spot.. What an arrogant fuck

Post #30   12/26/11 9:35:16AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3