Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chael Sonnen 'Done With Anderson Silva', Wants GSP, Jon Jones, dos Santos Next

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
On Friday, Chael Sonnen returns to the program he walked off last month, claiming he is done with Anderson Silva and after his fight on January 28th with Mark Munoz, he wants either Georges St. Pierre, Jon Jones or Junior dos Santos in a title match next.

Sonnen will appear on TSN's Off The Record with Michael Landsberg at 5 PM EST and a preview clip released today has the top middleweight claiming his pursuit of the current UFC Middleweight Champion is over.

"I'm done with the guy. He and I have no business. He's cold product. He's like jheri curls and Pepsi Clear. He's yesterday's news. I destroyed this guy back when he was tough. That was years ago. He's so far over the hill and so far past his prime that it's not worth talking about.

I'm going to become the No. 1 contender on January 28th and despite what you may think, I'm not going to use that voucher to fight Anderson Silva. I'll be looking at (Jon) Jones, (Junior) dos Santos and possibly (Georges) St. Pierre. I will take that voucher to Dana White and pick one of those three guys. My time with Anderson is done."

LINK

Post #1   12/23/11 4:18:44PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Chips:
His entertainment value is diminishing. I don't see him funny anymore.

dos Santos vs. Sonnen would be fun, though.

Post #2   12/23/11 4:21:29PM   

TheBlackChip

MMA Regular

TheBlackChip Avatar

Career:775-367
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Chael Sonnen with diminished entertainment value > Every other fighter in the UFC

Seriously, MMA fighters are generally horrible at hyping fights. I believe part of that is because you are more likely to get your ass kicked and seriously F'd up than in say, boxing. Like the Klitchsko vs Haye match, bunch of talk, no show. Same with Mayweather. Generally MMA matches are the opposite, and that's just one of the many reasons I enjoy them more.

Also, you hear Overeem trying to "threaten" Brock. "I am going to tear this guy limb from limb". What? Is this some sort of cheesy 80s action flick? Is he fighting Frank Deux?

Post #3   12/23/11 4:59:59PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

Chael Sonnen with diminished entertainment value > Every other fighter in the UFC

Seriously, MMA fighters are generally horrible at hyping fights. I believe part of that is because you are more likely to get your ass kicked and seriously F'd up than in say, boxing. Like the Klitchsko vs Haye match, bunch of talk, no show. Same with Mayweather. Generally MMA matches are the opposite, and that's just one of the many reasons I enjoy them more.

Also, you hear Overeem trying to "threaten" Brock. "I am going to tear this guy limb from limb". What? Is this some sort of cheesy 80s action flick? Is he fighting Frank Deux?

No apparently he's fighting Kurt Angle, or at least should rehearse his stupid bullshit. Fighting is about fighting, not WWE antics. You know who could hype up a hell of a fight.... Kimbo. Why dont you go be his fan.

I feel like the UFC is destroying the sport as an art.

Post #4   12/23/11 5:15:44PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Chips:
He's never been a person to let the truth get in the way of a good story...

Sorry Chael_Sonnen

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #5   12/23/11 5:26:11PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,904-1,018
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

No apparently he's fighting Kurt Angle, or at least should rehearse his stupid bullshit. Fighting is about fighting, not WWE antics. You know who could hype up a hell of a fight.... Kimbo. Why dont you go be his fan.

What you left out of your post is aside from these antics he does fight, very well. Universally accepted as the 2nd best middleweight in the world by every respected ranking on earth. Only fans on this site dont acknoledge that because they dislike him. Let him get his name out there anyway he wants, hes not the first mma fighter to market himself & he won't be the last

Post #6   12/23/11 5:59:24PM   

TheCatFather

Standup Guy

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:1,886-1,280
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
Here we go again.....well I believe after he loses to Munoz a fight with Jones would be nice. I don't mind all the hype and shit talking but win something first then talk shit lol This guy is the biggest shit talking "also ran" in the business. From ring girls to Brazilian's, nobody is safe but he hasn't won a UFC title and in the last 2 years he has been surrounded by more scandal then gold so keep talking shit but until you beat a champ for a belt you are nothing.

Post #7   12/23/11 6:29:31PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by TheCatFather

Here we go again.....well I believe after he loses to Munoz a fight with Jones would be nice. I don't mind all the hype and shit talking but win something first then talk shit lol This guy is the biggest shit talking "also ran" in the business. From ring girls to Brazilian's, nobody is safe but he hasn't won a UFC title and in the last 2 years he has been surrounded by more scandal then gold so keep talking shit but until you beat a champ for a belt you are nothing.

Right, until you're a champion of the world you're nothing. MMMMKAY.

Post #8   12/23/11 6:59:25PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,230
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

You know who could hype up a hell of a fight.... Kimbo. Why dont you go be his fan.
HUH? Am I confused as everyone else reading this is? Kimbo couldn't hype anything up.

And I think the reason Chael is saying all of this, is because the performance drugs are wearing off, and I think he actually realizes, he is NOT the champion. I think he actually believed he was.
This guy is funny, but I honestly think he just says way to much, and just sounds stupid after listening to him for 5 minutes.

Post #9   12/23/11 7:27:30PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Man let him fight Jon Jones he will definitely regret that...He could beat GSP though...Dos Santos would hurt him too...

Post #10   12/23/11 10:52:57PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

What you left out of your post is aside from these antics he does fight, very well. Universally accepted as the 2nd best middleweight in the world by every respected ranking on earth. Only fans on this site dont acknoledge that because they dislike him. Let him get his name out there anyway he wants, hes not the first mma fighter to market himself & he won't be the last

Are you saying chael was mentioned? I was stating in general my distaste for UFC maketing like fucking Hell in a Cell

Post #11   12/23/11 10:58:58PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Doesn't matter if you don't see him to be funny anymore.....as long as he's fighting, he will be putting arses in seats $$$$$$.

Post #12   12/24/11 1:01:32AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Only fans on this site dont acknoledge that because they dislike him.

Or.....

Maybe fans on this site are educated. I'm fine with him being ranked number 2. It wouldn't bother me at all because it would be a very short lived reign on top.

Whether you like him or not, his career has been rather unimpressive. He had good performances against Marquardt and Okami and a GREAT performance against Anderson. Thats it. That's literally all he's done.

He's also lost a lot of fights and in the same fashion. A guy with such a glaring weakness doesn't deserve to be at the top and there's no way he can stay there long.

If you ask me, Chael is finally starting to realize that he has zero chance against Anderson in a rematch. He's regretting all of the nonsense spewing out of his mouth.

Let him go pick on the WW GSP. Anderson would chew him up and spit him out.

Post #13   12/24/11 2:00:09AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

Only fans on this site dont acknoledge that because they dislike him.

Or.....

Maybe fans on this site are educated. I'm fine with him being ranked number 2. It wouldn't bother me at all because it would be a very short lived reign on top.

Whether you like him or not, his career has been rather unimpressive. He had good performances against Marquardt and Okami and a GREAT performance against Anderson. Thats it. That's literally all he's done.

He's also lost a lot of fights and in the same fashion. A guy with such a glaring weakness doesn't deserve to be at the top and there's no way he can stay there long.

If you ask me, Chael is finally starting to realize that he has zero chance against Anderson in a rematch. He's regretting all of the nonsense spewing out of his mouth.

Let him go pick on the WW GSP. Anderson would chew him up and spit him out.

The only thing that Anderson is chewing and spitting out is Burger King......Chael regretting? Nah, he's bored for picking a fight with someone that doesn't want to fight back.

After he smashes Munoz, it's time to pick a fight with someone that actually wants to fight back.

Post #14   12/24/11 10:32:13AM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:997-529
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Mark Munoz is gonna serve up a plate of Donkey Kong and some Humble Pie for dessert on that ass. Can't wait.

Post #15   12/24/11 10:51:30AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3