Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ishii, Monson Fights Represent the Last Phase of Fedor's Career

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The best heavyweight in MMA history will make his return to the ring on New Year's Eve in Japan, when Fedor Emelianenko faces the former Olympic judo gold medalist Satoshi Ishii, and the fan reaction to that fight has been decidedly mixed.

On one hand, you have fans who loved seeing Fedor's glory days in Pride who figure that there's nothing wrong with seeing him back in Japan on New Year's Eve, which was once an annual tradition. On the other hand, you have fans who are disappointed that Fedor won't be facing a high-level opponent, as Ishii is just 4-1-1 in his MMA career and doesn't have anything close to the kind of MMA resume that Fedor has.

LINK

Post #1   12/22/11 9:11:20AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:531-352
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I don't think Fedor will ever make it back into the top 10 HW ranks in the world again, which is sad to say for a guy who dominated the HW rankings for years, Rankings aside I think Fedor is on a farwell tour and most probably IMO will be done with MMA by 2013 , True legend though, I'll always have respect and admiration for his iconic career.

Post #2   12/22/11 10:09:51AM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
Yes Fedor will always be one of the most classiest fighters ever to fight in MMA. A true legend, sad to see his decline but everything that goes up must eventually come down...

Post #3   12/22/11 8:45:03PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
he'll probably pick ishii apart on the feet and eventually get the TKO. we'll never see the fedor of old but ill definitely watch this fight.

Post #4   12/22/11 11:04:59PM