Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Junie Browning turns himself in to Phuket police

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Junie Allen Browning visited a police station on Phuket late today in the latest twist to the American fugitive fighter's battle to tell his side of a brawl that started in a bar and continued at a local hospital.

Browning's surprise appearance with his wife Louna and a lawyer came at the Chalong Police Station in southern Phuket.

At the police station at the same time were others who participated in a now-notorious Phuket brawl.

The wounds inflicted in Browning's fight with tourists and staff 10 days ago at a bar on Phuket and in Patong Hospital, where the injured were all taken, were real. However, the varying accounts of what actually took place and who was the aggressor leave the facts yet to be decided.

LINK

Post #1   12/22/11 9:04:30AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Chips:
* WARNING - If you plan on posting in this thread, be smart about it. If you're going to post things like "he should rot in Thailand" or "he's scum" you're going to earn time off from posting in the forums.

Last edited 12/22/11 1:57PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   12/22/11 9:06:10AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
lol Fleek scared everyone away......

I really can't wait to find out how this thing is going to turn out. His head looks horrible

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #3   12/22/11 1:53:38PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Wow, I would be pretty damn hesitant to submit myself to the Thai legal system.

Post #4   12/22/11 2:00:58PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,217-1,243
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Wow, I would be pretty damn hesitant to submit myself to the Thai legal system.

This. After getting stitches, I'd be heading for the border.

Post #5   12/22/11 2:17:57PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I can't say what happened one way or the other, but my gut tells me that I believe Junie in this instance. It's surprising, because the guy is insane and known to fly off the handle for pretty much no reason, but from the various articles and Junie's own statements, my gut tells me he's telling the truth. Could be completely wrong, but that's my instinct at this point.

''Apparently in the news they are saying their were women involved, that is 100% a croc of [expletive]! The only women involved was a Thai women friend of theirs that sliced my forearm open with a 6-inch blade. At no point was any women involved. Even at the hospital I was nothing but polite to every member of their staff. Not until a little birdy told me that the person that hit me with the mug was in the next room did I explode. I immediately sprinted over there and knocked him unconscious with one blow. Phuket law enforcement are very corrupt and apparently the guys that jumped me know more people than I do. I have multiple stitches over my head and body, you don't have to be [expletive] Stephen Hawkins to realize a women did not do this to me.''

To me, I don't know.. Junie is a lunatic, but he doesn't seem like a liar. The very fact that he admitted to knocking the guy out in the hospital unprovoked is a good indicator that he probably doesn't mind telling the truth when he has actually done something illegal/wrong. Again, I could be totally wrong but I'm leaning towards Junie's side of the story at the moment. I'm sure it's somewhere in the middle, but the truth is always closer to one side than the other in these cases.

Post #6   12/22/11 2:29:38PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,558-1,362
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The Hangover 2 kinda turned me off to Thiland lol

Post #7   12/22/11 3:52:20PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,225-1,198
Chips:
This is just a huge mess. It's hard to believe Junie, as well as the Phuket authorities. My guess is that some settlement is reached, money is exchanged, and Junie flys back to the US.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #8   12/22/11 3:54:05PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,177-1,222
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I find with stories like this the truth normally lies somewhere in between both versions.

Both sides are going to try and paint themselves the good guy in any fight. I just hope Junie's past doesn't have any effect on how he's treated there.

Post #9   12/22/11 4:19:03PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
* WARNING - If you plan on posting in this thread, be smart about it. If you're going to post things like "he should rot in Thailand" or "he's scum" you're going to earn time off from posting in the forums.

*Deletes post and rewrites the following*

I think he did the right thing by turning himself in. If he didn't, he would be on the run forever and probably never make it back to the states.

Please tell me he went to the American Embassy first and at least request immunity or protection from the Embassy before turning himself in. It would be appropriate that someone from the U.S. Embassy is appointed to guide Junie through the legal process and make sure nothing happens to him.

What I'm saying is - Thai officials need to know that the U.S. Embassy knows Junie is in the Thai government's custody. Hope that is the case. Otherwise, oops - almost earned some time off there.

Post #10   12/22/11 4:27:43PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I find with stories like this the truth normally lies somewhere in between both versions.

Both sides are going to try and paint themselves the good guy in any fight. I just hope Junie's past doesn't have any effect on how he's treated there.

Let us hope Thai officials do not have access to TUF episodes.

Post #11   12/22/11 4:31:42PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I can't say what happened one way or the other, but my gut tells me that I believe Junie in this instance. It's surprising, because the guy is insane and known to fly off the handle for pretty much no reason, but from the various articles and Junie's own statements, my gut tells me he's telling the truth. Could be completely wrong, but that's my instinct at this point.

''Apparently in the news they are saying their were women involved, that is 100% a croc of [expletive]! The only women involved was a Thai women friend of theirs that sliced my forearm open with a 6-inch blade. At no point was any women involved. Even at the hospital I was nothing but polite to every member of their staff. Not until a little birdy told me that the person that hit me with the mug was in the next room did I explode. I immediately sprinted over there and knocked him unconscious with one blow. Phuket law enforcement are very corrupt and apparently the guys that jumped me know more people than I do. I have multiple stitches over my head and body, you don't have to be [expletive] Stephen Hawkins to realize a women did not do this to me.''

To me, I don't know.. Junie is a lunatic, but he doesn't seem like a liar. The very fact that he admitted to knocking the guy out in the hospital unprovoked is a good indicator that he probably doesn't mind telling the truth when he has actually done something illegal/wrong. Again, I could be totally wrong but I'm leaning towards Junie's side of the story at the moment. I'm sure it's somewhere in the middle, but the truth is always closer to one side than the other in these cases.

Totally agree.

He's version of events doesn't make him sound like a saint and he doesn't claim to be totally innocent. Sounds truthful.

Post #12   12/22/11 6:03:04PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,363
Chips:
Cant believe nobody made fun of the name of the police department yet.

Post #13   12/22/11 6:31:38PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:
His wife is kinda hot

Post #14   12/22/11 7:42:39PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
it sounds to me like all the parties involved are probably guilty. it seems like everybody got out of control and were fighting with each other. browning definitely didnt make it any better by making him self a fugitive from the law though

Post #15   12/22/11 11:02:27PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2