Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rousey: 'Cyborg' fight needs to happen

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
"I think it's just too soon marketing-wise," Rousey told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I know that I'm capable of beating any woman in the world at any moment, but I think that if me and Cris 'Cyborg' were to fight today, I don't think that many people would be hyped up about it or be looking forward to it. That's why I've been so adamant about moving down at getting the belt at 135 first so when a fight between me and Cris 'Cyborg' does eventually happen, it will be a big deal."

It's an interesting point, especially when one considers Santos recently fought for the first time in 18 months and that the future of female fighting was uncertain until this past week, when UFC president Dana White confirmed Strikeforce would indeed remain operational for the foreseeable future.

LINK

Post #1   12/22/11 9:03:16AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,184-1,486
Chips:
The article doesn't even mention Rousey's first name. I can't stand MMA journalism. It is terrible.

Post #2   12/22/11 2:21:22PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

The article doesn't even mention Rousey's first name. I can't stand MMA journalism. It is terrible.

I didn't link it to the actual article. I linked it to the blurb that MixedMartialArts.com posted about it. They *did* link to the original article where they did mention her first name.

That's my bad.

Last edited 12/22/11 2:24PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   12/22/11 2:24:02PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,703-1,488
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Id love to see Rousey get a crack at cyborg, it would be an interesting match up. Not to mention there is no one out there better fit for the fight in my opinion!

Post #4   12/22/11 9:03:12PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Chips:
I will never pick a woman to beat Cyborg.

Post #5   12/22/11 9:33:53PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i do think that if cyborg was to be upset by another female fighter it could be rousey, but i would no doubt pick cyborg to win that fight. i think rousey is a badass fighter, but she would probably get mauled on the feet by cyborg. if it went to the ground of against the cage i could see rousey could win, but not yet. we'll see in the future though, i always got love for an American fighter over a Brazilian even if i dont think they will win, especially an Olympian like rousey

Post #6   12/22/11 10:55:30PM