Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I Take On Bloody Elbow's Shoddy Journalism About Miesha Tate In An Article Of My Own

Print  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
You have to love a journalist that fails to do their due diligence. Bloody Elbow’s Brent Brookhouse recently wrote an article about Gilbert Melendez and Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos being the new “face” of Strikeforce, but in his article he “quoted,” and I use the term loosely, Miesha Tate.

Brookhouse asserts “Tate said something that made no sense to me when she insisted that if women's MMA needs a ‘face’ that it means that the sport will never make it. That's an incredible detachment from the reality of combat sports.” The entire article can be found below.

Article

Post #1   12/19/11 5:13:02PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Just another reason why I don't pay any attention to Bloody Elbow articles.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   12/19/11 9:30:58PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,600-1,654
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Exactly....a dingle face for wmma would not be Cyborg either, putting it nicely she has a face for radio. One person can't carry a sport, not Tiger, not Armstrong, not any one athlete....this goes against the very spirit of competition. Good article! +1
Oh, btw Josh I got another propcoming to you for finally getting an accolade.....a unique one at that!

Last edited 12/19/11 10:23PM server time by jae_1833
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   12/19/11 10:20:48PM