Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

White hints at GSP or Jones farewell for Anderson Silva.

Print  
Which superfight would you rather see. Anderson v GSP or v 'Bones'?
GSP 16 26%
'Bones' 45 74%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:706-459
Chips:
Dana White has hinted that he would like Anderson Silva's final fight to be against either Jon Jones or Georges St-Pierre.

Silva is widely recognised to be heading into the final fights of his career, with speculation over whether he has two, four or even more bouts left in his tank.

LINK

Last edited 12/19/11 1:09PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: Fixed link again.
3 total post edits

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   12/19/11 12:51:02PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:2,212-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think it's pretty clear, only one of the two will accept the match.

Post #2   12/19/11 12:54:01PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,180-2,448
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I went with Jones, since both seem supernaturally gifted at times.

Post #3   12/19/11 1:04:52PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I think it's pretty clear, only one of the two will accept the match.

Yeah I don't think GSP has much desire to face Silva, I don't think he's scared of competing with Anderson, I think it's just weight that's an issue as GSP has stated in many interviews, but maybe if a catchweight is set say 178 lbs and of course considering the amount of money to be mad from a fight of such magnitude could get GSP to accept.

Bones on the other hand would fight Anderson on any given sunday, I think he just wants to test himself against the biggest and baddest in the UFC, it seems as if he's already conquered the LHW division in the short span of time he's ruled it, not counting out Suga or Davis but i don't think they have a chance against Bones either.

Both would be incredible fights but I hope to see GSP v Andesron.

Post #4   12/19/11 1:07:26PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,453
Chips:
I've always wanted to see GSP/Silva but after seeing Jones beat some of the best on the planet, I'm singing a different tune. I think Jones/Silva is the new GSP/Silva in terms of what fans wanna see. GOD, GRANT ME ONE WISH AND LET THIS FIGHT HAPPEN BEFORE YOU END THE WORLD

Post #5   12/19/11 1:20:56PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:424-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I've always wanted to see GSP/Silva but after seeing Jones beat some of the best on the planet, I'm singing a different tune. I think Jones/Silva is the new GSP/Silva in terms of what fans wanna see. GOD, GRANT ME ONE WISH AND LET THIS FIGHT HAPPEN BEFORE YOU END THE WORLD

December 2012 would be the appropriate date. Let us die happily.

Post #6   12/19/11 1:36:59PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,155-2,967
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jones vs. Silva would be the much more compelling match up at this point.

Post #7   12/19/11 1:38:11PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Chips:
I rekon if the UFC puts on either one of these two superfights in Canada ( if Anderson fights GSP ) or in Brazil, they could easily sell 100,000 tickets.

Post #8   12/19/11 2:00:50PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
But, I thought Jones/Silva wouldn't fight or Silva wouldn't fight Jones.

I still picked Jones, as I have no desire to see GSP fight.

Post #9   12/19/11 2:53:39PM   

isk

Belt Contender

isk Avatar

Career:5-3
Chips:
And this is the thing - GSP appears ideally suited for 170. There's a huge jump in size to 185, not just in weight but in frame, in reach and in torque. Then you look at Anderson who's enjoyed success at 205, a fighter whose main ability is based around speed and timing and distance, and Jones looks to be the more compelling matchup to him.

The issue of opponents within their current weight divisions appears to be sorted for the most part. Rory MacDonald might be a great opponent for GSP down the road, but it doesn't look like it'll happen soon with the way that the UFC appears to be matchmaking for him. Chael Sonnen absolutely must fight Anderson one more time, but that's as much about the trash talk and emotion between these guys as it is about a legitimate challenge. Similar with Jones vs Rashad.

We're all reasonably confident what will happen if GSP fights Anderson, that GSP *might* be able to impose his wrestling game but will likely get punched, kicked, and/or kneed brutally within those 25 minutes. But Anderson vs Bones? That's a bigger question with equally valid and passionate arguments on both sides, and I think that is the key.

Post #10   12/19/11 2:53:51PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
I hope you all realize Jones would murder Silva with ease by ragdolling his out of prime scrawny ass all over the place. Jones shouldnt be dumb enough to stand with Anderson like he was getting dominated against Machidas t-rex limbs.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   12/19/11 2:53:53PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Either one smashes Anderson.

Post #12   12/19/11 3:23:07PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:2,256-1,355
Chips:
both matchups are intrigueing to me but there are a lot of contenders right now in the welterweight division and with GSP sidelined till nearly the end of the year, I really don't see GSP vs Silva being able to happen for a very long time.

Jone vs Silva interests me because Silva has already proven himself at light hevyweight and is the only real threat to Jones i see for quite a while. I would pick Silva in both matchups either way

Post #13   12/19/11 3:38:51PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:424-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Enough is enough..

If no one wants to say it, I will say it. GSP is scared.

We have seen Sakuraba and many other Japanese fighters who have fought much bigger fighters. GSP is simply afraid of losing what he worked so hard for which is, in his own words, his legacy. IMO, his legacy will only be enriched if he was to take on more challenging obstacles. There comes a time when a man must challenge himself or remain the same man. GSP has refused to challenge himself on numerous occasions and has decided to remain the same man.

Bruce Lee once said, " To keep improving, you must keep challenging yourself."

I will always like GSP but he is not a warrior by any stretch of the definition of the word. I am willing to bet GSP will someday regret the decision to fight Anderson Silva>>>>and it's not like people want to see him thrown into the frying pan. Not at all. He has a very good chance with his speed, strength, and athleticism.

When you are retired and sitting at home watching MMA, you will someday regret not moving up in weight to fight more difficult opponents, Mr. Pierre. I really wish a guy like Sakuraba had your talents.

Post #14   12/19/11 4:38:44PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
i would still like to see GSP beat Silva, but with this knee injury we dont know how he will be when he returns. if he is back to his old self, i want to see this. i voted for Bones because of the knee injury, but GSP and Silva have been top 3 (now top 2) p4p for years and should fight each other. its like saying Pacman vs PBF should be off the table if some other boxer a weightclass up emerges as a powerhouse

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #15   12/19/11 4:43:58PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2