Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

EXCLUSIVE: Junie Browning Says He is in Hiding, Seeks U.S. Embassy Help

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,606-913
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Former UFC lightweight Junie Browning is in hiding in fear for his life after an altercation in Thailand that left the 26-year-old fighter with multiple injuries. Injured and scared overseas, Browning is in seclusion, calling for help from the U.S. Embassy to get him back home.

Browning was involved in a bar fight on Dec. 12 in Phuket, Thailand. Reports quickly surfaced that Browning was a fugitive on the run being sought after by local authorities. Browning challenged those claims to MMAWeekly.com on Sunday.

“I was in fact the victim in this case, and it is important I am able to tell my side of the story and provide you with pictures and evidence to support it. There was an attempt to end my life and I am begging for help from the U.S. Embassy.”

mmaweekly

Post #1   12/18/11 7:05:35PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,923-1,097
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Ugh. I hope the Embassy goes in and gets him. He is either a pyschotic paranoid, or in a whole lot of trouble. Either way, nothing good will come out of him staying in Thailand for another minute. Get him home and make him get some help. He is going to get killed on the streets or in a thai prison.

Last edited 12/18/11 8:57PM server time by ncordless
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   12/18/11 8:54:54PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,015-1,073
Chips:
I don't think I took the initial story serious enough, now that I read it more throughly I hope he is ok and makes it back to the U.S. The kid is a screw job but this sounds serious so I am concerned for his life

Post #3   12/18/11 9:06:24PM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,215-1,365
Camp: Bum Chin Black Belts
Chips:
But the guy is so crazy I think you got to take what he says with a pinch of salt. Either way he needs to get the hell outta there!

Post #4   12/18/11 10:57:00PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,029-1,248
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
looks like he got stabbed in the neck

Thailand Muay Thai > American Muay Thai

Post #5   12/18/11 11:44:41PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,573-914
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Thailand Muay Thai > All other Muay Thai. That's why it's "Muay Thai" and not "Muay America" or "Muay Brazil" or even "Muay Holland."

One thing I'll say about that though is a lot of guys in Thailand have crappy boxing compared to the US, Brazil, and Holland.

Hope the US Embassy helps Junie out. As an American, he's innocent until proven guilty.

Post #6   12/19/11 12:21:47AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,553-1,348
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Embassy needs to grab him.

Post #7   12/19/11 8:55:26AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,441-1,461
Chips:
i could careless bout this clown..seriously..why do we always bail out fucking raytards that go over seas and act a FOOL!..Brown deserves to deal with the Thai police, the only reason he doesnt want to is, cuz he knows he could get a less punishment from the US, then in Thai..leave him there and let him learn his lession..serious!..dont waste anymore US money on idoits over seas..

Post #8   12/19/11 11:35:04AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,335-1,232
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

i could careless bout this clown..seriously..why do we always bail out fucking raytards that go over seas and act a FOOL!..Brown deserves to deal with the Thai police, the only reason he doesnt want to is, cuz he knows he could get a less punishment from the US, then in Thai..leave him there and let him learn his lession..serious!..dont waste anymore US money on idoits over seas..

Yeah, because based on what we saw on TV, there's absolutely no way he could be telling the truth!

Post #9   12/19/11 11:55:19AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

As an American, he's innocent until proven guilty.

This x 1000.

Post #10   12/19/11 11:57:53AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Something tells me Browning is not being totally true here but regardless, he is an American and should receive help from the American Embassy.

What troubles me is why he fled the country when he did say the authorities cuffed the other guys and took them in? Browning knows he has done something wrong. I am sure the other guys are in the wrong too.

When you go to a third world country, you should be on your best behavior and I am almost positive Browning was not on his best behavior. This incident is a result of bad behavior from both parties.

I'm not buying what Browning is saying but he does seem genuine about fearing for his life. The unfortunate thing about this incident is we will probably never know what exactly happened>>>and that is due to the types of resources which are available, or in this case - not available, in third world countries. The reality of the situation is - if you venture into a third world country, you will almost always be wronged in some way, shape, or form.

During my time in the Navy, I have visited quite a few third world countries and it has been my experience locals will likely take advantage of you in one way or another and you should be glad you came back in one piece. Let us hope Browning comes back in one piece.

Post #11   12/19/11 12:03:57PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,284-1,543
Chips:
The guy gets himself into trouble in another country, he has issues of anger management and violence in the past, apparently he severely injured several people and he says it wasn't his fault. Mix Junie with alcohol in a club in Thailand and this is what you get. I say leave him there and let him deal with the laws of that country. If the situation were completely reversed and some dude from Thailand was in America begging his country to fight for extradition after getting involved in the same situation everyone would be calling for his head. Miraculously everyone is coming to Junie's defense???? Unbelievable. I say let him rot there and forget about him. He isn't news and he deserves what he gets.

Last edited 12/19/11 12:41PM server time by Sir_Karl
Edit note/reason: fixed spelling and grammar errors

Post #12   12/19/11 12:40:23PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

The guy gets himself into trouble in another country, he has issues of anger management and violence in the past, apparently he severely injured several people and he says it wasn't his fault. Mix Junie with alcohol in a club in Thailand and this is what you get. I say leave him there and let him deal with the laws of that country. If the situation were completely reversed and some dude from Thailand was in America begging his country to fight for extradition after getting involved in the same situation everyone would be calling for his head. Miraculously everyone is coming to Junie's defense???? Unbelievable. I say let him rot there and forget about him. He isn't news and he deserves what he gets.

So based on his past actions and the little bit we know of the story, you're ready to just "let him rot"?

That, to me, is what is 'unbelievable'.

Post #13   12/19/11 12:48:12PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,187-1,341
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
As Juvenile once rapped "You better run for it, run for it...RUN"

Hope Junie decides to do this!

Post #14   12/19/11 2:40:49PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Well, I obviously can't say what happened, but I will say that the amount of times I've heard stories about foreigners being attacked, raped, or murdered in Thailand and how open xenophobia is pretty rampant in the country, and is fostered pretty heavily by authority and media, is huge.

Generally I would discount stories like that as ignorance or racism, someone attributing some random violence to xenophobia, but I've seen a pretty disproportionate amount of stories like this out of Thailand, as well as stories from every expatriate who lived there that I've ever spoken to.

Reading his story, it really seems perfectly in line with pretty much everything I've heard about the place. If you're a "farang" (white person) no one really cares what happens to you.

Here's one example: News Story

Prior to clubbing his pregnant wife to death, he shot this Canadian man in the head and chest, shot his pregnant wife, was released on $3000 bail, never prosecuted, and allowed to return back to work, despite the fact that forensic evidence shows that he show the man while standing over him, and that pretty much everyone who was there says the guy was pissed drunk. This is really not anything close to an isolated incident from everything I've read. I actually believe Junie entirely here.

Post #15   12/19/11 4:29:45PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2