Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bellator Signs Two Top Japanese Bantamweights

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,787-1,542
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Bellator Fighting Championships on Saturday announced it has added two dynamic bantamweights in Masakatsu Ueda and Hiroshi Nakamura. Both will compete in the promotion’s upcoming Season 6 Bantamweight Tournament, joining Alexis Vila, Marcos Galvao, Ed West, Rodrigo Lima, Luis Nogueira and a yet to be named final participant.

Ueda joins Bellator already well established within the MMA community, ranked in the MMAWeekly.com World Top 10 MMA Rankings, holding notable wins over Royler Gracie and current Bellator Season 5 Bantamweight Tournament Champion Eduardo Dantas. With those victories Ueda is widely considered one of the best bantamweights in the world. Armed with one of the best grappling pedigrees in the sport, Ueda should be considered a serious contender heading into the deepest bantamweight tournament in Bellator history...

Full Story

Post #1   12/17/11 1:30:42PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
as much as i want to be excited about this, i cant help but think of the Japanese's track record when fighting in the united states. maybe these fighters will break the bad luck streak but i kinda doubt it. dominance in japan doesn't equal dominance in the US

Post #2   12/17/11 6:15:25PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

as much as i want to be excited about this, i cant help but think of the Japanese's track record when fighting in the united states. maybe these fighters will break the bad luck streak but i kinda doubt it. dominance in japan doesn't equal dominance in the US

Ueda has pretty sick wrestling, and is not undersized at BW. He would be a tough out for most guys in the states. He beat Dudu Dantas. Dantas is one of the top young guys at Nova Uniao, up there with Aldo and Barao. He could definitely be the exception to the rule that japanese fighters have not generally done well in big shows in the states.

This BW tourney is looking even better than last year.

Post #3   12/17/11 8:15:57PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Maybe they'll have better success in Bellator, compared to Japanese fighters in the UFC.

Post #4   12/17/11 8:19:16PM