Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Video: UFC Legend Jens Pulver Brutally Knocked Out by Tim Elliot

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jens Pulver headlined the RFA card in Nebraska and faced off against Tim Elliot, an undersized bantamweight with a 6-2-1 record against not-so-stellar competition. Despite people calling for him to end his career on a high note after earning a decent win over Coty Wheeler last August, he still stepped in the cage once again last night.

Like most of the fights he's had these past few years, things didn't go well again for the former UFC champion. This time, it ended up worse than his other losses.

It was truly a sad scene as the 37-year-old Pulver clearly looked like he doesn't have much left in the tank. He survived getting dropped by a left hook during the first round, but as the 2nd round went on, Pulver got tagged repeatedly and eventually got brutally knocked out with a huge knee.

Pulver laid there motionless for an extended period of time.

LINK

Post #1   12/17/11 12:14:28PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 37-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,532-977
Chips:
The funny thing is Jens will probably step inside the cage again in 3 months. Some guys just don't know when to hang em up

Post #2   12/17/11 12:42:30PM   

casketcoin

Standup Guy

casketcoin Avatar

Career:2,289-1,518
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:
any video of the Yvel fight?

Post #3   12/17/11 4:56:46PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
man, jens is gonna be completely punch drunk if he keeps this up. ever thought of just coaching jens????? hes not gonna remember how to fight anymore if he keeps getting KO'd.

Post #4   12/17/11 6:25:00PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

man, jens is gonna be completely punch drunk if he keeps this up. ever thought of just coaching jens????? hes not gonna remember how to fight anymore if he keeps getting KO'd.

To be fair this is the first time he's lost by tko since 2008. I do agree that he needs to stop though. That ko looked nasty and it's clear he can't compete anymore.

Post #5   12/17/11 6:33:22PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Chips:
As an avid supporter of Jens I get why he hasnt stopped at this age, however his cage years are wearing on him terribly and I dont think any changes are left that will repair his career at point. I would think being a judges (much like Almeida) would be better for him thanks teaching ancient striking techniques and substandard ground skills.

Post #6   12/17/11 6:52:58PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

Sad thing is, I think he already is.

Post #7   12/18/11 5:22:38PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Bum deal for Jens. He was a good fihter. Just a bit too aged for the fight game anymore

Post #8   12/20/11 7:44:27PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Personally, I think he should keep doing what he loves, what makes him happy and what he thinks is the best way to support his family right now.

It's not up to any of us to tell him when it's time to hang 'em up, in my opinion.

Post #9   12/21/11 8:59:02AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Personally, I think he should keep doing what he loves, what makes him happy and what he thinks is the best way to support his family right now.

It's not up to any of us to tell him when it's time to hang 'em up, in my opinion.

This is my line of thinking on all fighters, but I have to admit that I'm starting to waffle a little and I'm starting to lean towards wanting him to hang em up. He's mostly lost by sub in this stretch, but once the KO flood gates open we all know that guys start going to sleep more and more often and that's bad news for their futures.

Post #10   12/21/11 11:11:44AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

This is my line of thinking on all fighters, but I have to admit that I'm starting to waffle a little and I'm starting to lean towards wanting him to hang em up. He's mostly lost by sub in this stretch, but once the KO flood gates open we all know that guys start going to sleep more and more often and that's bad news for their futures.

Agreed, but like Budge said...this is the 1st time he's been TKO'd since 2008.

I'm backing him 100% for the time being.

Post #11   12/21/11 11:56:59AM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I agree with this to a certain extent i support everybody who wants to do what they love for a living besides serial killers and pedofiles, and i understand getting KO'd in the ufc, but when your getting KOd on a daily basis by no namers i just cant understand it.

Post #12   12/22/11 1:36:17PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

I agree with this to a certain extent i support everybody who wants to do what they love for a living besides serial killers and pedofiles,

Obviously. I guess I don't feel that it was necessary to even state that.

and i understand getting KO'd in the ufc, but when your getting KOd on a daily basis by no namers i just cant understand it.

That's not the case here.

Post #13   12/22/11 1:46:17PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

This is my feeling on all fighters. If a medical professional clears you to fight, you still want to fight, and people are willing to pay you to fight, I don't think any fans should be calling for your retirement. It seems unbelievably prevalent in MMA, Jens has lost quite a few fights so I sort of get where people are coming from, but if anyone remembers when Henderson lost back to back title fights against Rampage and Anderson, sooooo many people were saying "he's on his way out" and "he should retire soon" etc. and then he knocked out Fedor and put on one of the best fights of all time against one of the best LHWs of all time just a couple of weeks ago.

Pretty much anytime a fighter loses 2-3 fights in a row, no matter what level of competition it's against or how the fight went, in MMA you're going to hear a lot of retirement talk.

I think it's the fighter's life, and it's a doctor's job to determine if they can or can not fight. Everyone else should basically stay out of it and let him do what he wants as a grown man.

Post #14   12/22/11 5:07:10PM